Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Level of competition for ADIA senior postions

Level of competition for ADIA senior postions

Old Mar 23rd 2022, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Silentpotato is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Level of competition for ADIA senior postions

Hi,
I am interviewing soon (video call) for an Investment Dept job at ADIA. Could someone please opine on the level of competition for such a position? 3-4 candidates would be appropriate, but more than that would seem low probability. Already had a call with HR, next round is with hiring manager. Fingers crossed!

Many thanks!
Old Mar 26th 2022, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Mr Cenary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Level of competition for ADIA senior postions

Originally Posted by Silentpotato
Hi,
I am interviewing soon (video call) for an Investment Dept job at ADIA. Could someone please opine on the level of competition for such a position? 3-4 candidates would be appropriate, but more than that would seem low probability. Already had a call with HR, next round is with hiring manager. Fingers crossed!

Many thanks!
Every time I hear about ADIA it is because they are cutting pay and benefits, as well as culling people. Morale is apparently rock bottom and everyone is looking for an exit.
Old Apr 8th 2022, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

AKWK is an unknown quantity at this point

You will have no career perspective as an expat. They are only seeking expats to do the work, but at the end the Emiratis will get the promotion and $ reward. They are cutting also the benefits for expats. So, it is up to you.
Old Apr 8th 2022, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

Silentpotato is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, that was very helpful information. Clearly you know a lot about ADIA, but did you even work there? They’re hiring, and they are paying well, and I am interviewing.
Old Apr 9th 2022, 11:08 am
Just Joined

AKWK is an unknown quantity at this point

I have inside information. Paying well....it all depends from where you are coming from and your level of seniority. The pay will not compensate the risk of your wife having no job, the very expensive private schools in AD, being laid off at ADIA (this is the current trend) and you get no pension rights (btw, the Emiratis have pension rights paid by ADIA, but not the expats).