Legal Salaries

Old Aug 11th 2012, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Legal Salaries

Originally Posted by abbey08
I am a lawyer and I earn an obscene amount of money for very little work (7.30am - 3.00pm).

Its F******G GREAT!

And you are bored!! Find a new job and I'll have yours - I used to work for the Govt in the UK in a legal team and am sure I can happily be bored for obscene amounts of money and no work
Old Aug 11th 2012, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Nope - but in fairness when work is outsourced it needs to be instructed and then checked when received. External lawyers when they work for us only draft they don't make the commercial decisions or create the risk profile.That is where the expertise is in any given transaction.
Totally agree... but lawyers should never make the commercial decisions. They should only make the legal ones. Don't get above your role
Old Aug 11th 2012, 6:11 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Nope - but in fairness when work is outsourced it needs to be instructed and then checked when received. External lawyers when they work for us only draft they don't make the commercial decisions or create the risk profile.That is where the expertise is in any given transaction.
In several decades of dealing with external lawyers I've only met a handful who I'd trust to make commercial decisions. And in many instances out here I don't trust their drafting skills either...
Old Aug 11th 2012, 5:40 pm
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Totally agree... but lawyers should never make the commercial decisions. They should only make the legal ones. Don't get above your role
You presume too much my friend, I am dual qualified (commercial and legal) and not solely employed as a lawyer. The dual qualification is the reason for my inflated salary.

Anyways just off to park the DB9!

Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

GreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really nice

That made me laugh.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:36 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

You earn all that money and you still have to moonlight as a bell-hop?