Legal Salaries

Old Aug 5th 2012, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

GreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really nice
Default Legal Salaries

HI All

Does anyone know of any good links /websites where you can obtain indicative legal salaries for the Middle East?

I have obtained various Salary Surveys from recruitment companies over the years but they are a little out of date at the moment.

THANKS
Old Aug 5th 2012, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Legal Salaries

Originally Posted by GreenApples
HI All

Does anyone know of any good links /websites where you can obtain indicative legal salaries for the Middle East?

I have obtained various Salary Surveys from recruitment companies over the years but they are a little out of date at the moment.

THANKS
http://www.charterhouseme.ae/salary_guide
Old Aug 5th 2012, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting reading ! Some of the Construction sector salaries look a bit low but perhaps it is reflecting the current market conditions.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 7:51 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely the dominant sector in the UAE is Oil & Gas (word on the street is that they have a fair amount of the stuff). So, click on Charterhouse's "Oil & Gas" sector tab...er, there isn't one
Old Aug 10th 2012, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Check ur PM - have emailed you a link to a survey
Old Aug 10th 2012, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

GreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really nice

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
Check ur PM - have emailed you a link to a survey
Thanks very much! Bit to read there and take in. Appreciate it
Old Aug 10th 2012, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

post it in the main forum. We'd all like to know how much these ambulance chasing, blood sucking leaches earn.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 10:09 pm
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

If you PM me with an email address I can supply an up to date in house lawyer salary survey for the GCC - pretty accurate from what I can see - the statistics to back the figures are quoted, that is how many people they interviewed within a PQE range to arrive at salary band.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Millhouse
post it in the main forum. We'd all like to know how much these ambulance chasing, blood sucking leaches earn.
Spoken like a true ignoramus
Old Aug 11th 2012, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
Spoken like a true ignoramus
But why is the link (to, I assume, a public website) so secretive?
Old Aug 11th 2012, 1:13 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Because they earn an awful lot of money. Our in-house lawyer has an inflated salary grade approximately 4 levels (read 20 yrs experience) more than a more qualified engineer with same years of experience, simply so that the company can match the competitive rates. Think CEO level of salary for a 15yr experienced lawyer.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Because they earn an awful lot of money. Our in-house lawyer has an inflated salary grade approximately 4 levels (read 20 yrs experience) more than a more qualified engineer with same years of experience, simply so that the company can match the competitive rates. Think CEO level of salary for a 15yr experienced lawyer.
yes, I know that. But it's not exactly a big deal is it? you could say the same about bankers (albeit our salaries are a bit less).

I also know partners in law firms who - in my opinion - don't earn a lot of money. Especially when we finish all day meetings at 10pm and say to them, OK, so you'll have all the drafting done for us in the morning? They swallow hard and say yes every time.

In house is a different story. They do **** all and mostly sub it out to their mates.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 1:30 am
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

I am a lawyer and I earn an obscene amount of money for very little work (7.30am - 3.00pm).

Its F******G GREAT!

Old Aug 11th 2012, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by abbey08
I am a lawyer in a government agency and I earn an obscene amount of money for very little work (7.30am - 3.00pm).

Its F******G GREAT!

I assume that you sub it all down to externals too. Beautiful.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 1:41 am
Living the dream

Nope - but in fairness when work is outsourced it needs to be instructed and then checked when received. External lawyers when they work for us only draft they don't make the commercial decisions or create the risk profile.That is where the expertise is in any given transaction.

Last edited by abbey08; Aug 11th 2012 at 1:47 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.