Labour laws

Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:23 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Cow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really nice
Default Labour laws

Hi all

Wondering if you could clear up a labour law question for me? I have an expat admin assistant who has a university degree. She is due for an appraisal and has asked for a salary review. Given what is in this link below on minimum wages does this mean I need to be paying her AED 12,000 per month? Is not very clear and I can't see how that can be logical... Is the minimum for locals only?

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/labour-law-uae.php

Would be great if anyone out there knows the actual position...

Thanks

Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:34 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Labour laws

If it's a Filipino, you say 'hell no,' and smack her down to her place.

If it's a Western girl, you say 'oh, frightfully sorry, we were vastly underpaying you for ages so here's a 100% pay raise.'

Originally Posted by Cow Pie
Hi all

Wondering if you could clear up a labour law question for me? I have an expat admin assistant who has a university degree. She is due for an appraisal and has asked for a salary review. Given what is in this link below on minimum wages does this mean I need to be paying her AED 12,000 per month? Is not very clear and I can't see how that can be logical... Is the minimum for locals only?

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/labour-law-uae.php

Would be great if anyone out there knows the actual position...

Thanks

Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Re: Labour laws

Originally Posted by Ethos83
If it's a Filipino, you say 'hell no,' and smack her down to her place.

If it's a Western girl, you say 'oh, frightfully sorry, we were vastly underpaying you for ages so here's a 100% pay raise.'
"OI! - BAWAL MATUNOG FILIPINAS!"(Hey! - No smacking Filipinas!)
If you do, you might wake-up "Walang Titi!"

If it is a Western Girl, just say "Computer says NO!"

The rules in the link relate to the 'Registration Status' of the Company. The question of Salary is between Employer and Employee. I have a Philippino PA and I pay her exactly Dhs 12,000/- (All Inclusive) She is worth her 'Weight in Gold!' You pay according to 'Ability' and not 'Nationality!' She has been with me for the last ten years, and I have never had any complaints!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:46 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
"OI! - BAWAL MATUNOG FILIPINAS!"(Hey! - No smacking Filipinas!)
If you do, you might wake-up "Walang Titi!"

If it is a Western Girl, just say "Computer says NO!"

The rules in the link relate to the 'Registration Status' of the Company. The question of Salary is between Employer and Employee. I have a Philippino PA and I pay her exactly Dhs 12,000/- (All Inclusive) She is worth her 'Weight in Gold!' You pay according to 'Ability' and not 'Nationality!' She has been with me for the last ten years, and I have never had any complaints!
Enough with the exclamation marks fer ****sake...
Old Mar 16th 2011, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Enough with the exclamation marks fer ****sake...
Phew! What a relief I didn't do Red Text in CAPS!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:39 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Phew! What a relief I didn't do Red Text in CAPS!
Oh yeah.