British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   KSA work visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/ksa-work-visa-937763/)

w_scott Mar 23rd 2021 6:51 am

KSA work visa

Hi folks

Any idea how to apply for the KSA work visa? I am currently a resident of a GCC country, and got a job offer in KSA. Do I have to be in my country to apply for the visa? And how long it takes?

In the old days I remember there were agents through which employees should apply, but not sure now how it works.

Any advice?

Thanks

Warwick

psychopomp1 Mar 23rd 2021 8:04 am

Re: KSA work visa

Surely it’s your employer in KSA who has to apply for your work visa? Have you asked them about this?

w_scott Mar 23rd 2021 11:49 am

Originally Posted by psychopomp1 (Post 12986713)
Surely it’s your employer in KSA who has to apply for your work visa? Have you asked them about this?

Yes, agree
but my experience (ages ago) the employee should submit all the documents to an agent who then apply at the embassy. Is the procedure the same now ?

nonthaburi Mar 24th 2021 9:26 am

Originally Posted by w_scott (Post 12986696)
Hi folks

Any idea how to apply for the KSA work visa? I am currently a resident of a GCC country, and got a job offer in KSA. Do I have to be in my country to apply for the visa? And how long it takes?

In the old days I remember there were agents through which employees should apply, but not sure now how it works.

Any advice?

Thanks

Warwick

If you're resident in that country you should be able to do it from there.
The prospective employer start the process from their side. Once that is completed you can go to an agent with the application number from the Saudi side, submit any certs etc.

If all your docs are in order it "should" only take a few days after submitting everything. However, in these times there may be delays.

w_scott Mar 24th 2021 9:50 am

Originally Posted by nonthaburi (Post 12987209)
If you're resident in that country you should be able to do it from there.
The prospective employer start the process from their side. Once that is completed you can go to an agent with the application number from the Saudi side, submit any certs etc.

If all your docs are in order it "should" only take a few days after submitting everything. However, in these times there may be delays.

Thanks nonthaburi
It seems the procedure is the same as I experienced it long time ago. Can I do everything at the KSA embassy in the country of my residency or should it be in my home country?

nonthaburi Mar 24th 2021 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by w_scott (Post 12987215)
Thanks nonthaburi
It seems the procedure is the same as I experienced it long time ago. Can I do everything at the KSA embassy in the country of my residency or should it be in my home country?

As I understand things, as long as you have legal residence in a country, you can use the KSA Embassy in that country

w_scott Mar 29th 2021 7:07 am

It turns out the visa application should be lodged at KSA embassy at point of origin regardless to residency. As such, my point of origin is my home country and not where I live now. While I can send everything over DHL to get the visa, my worry is if I have to travel from my home country!

Johnnyboy11 Apr 2nd 2021 7:24 am

For a KSA Work Visa you'll need your Degree Certificate validated by the Saudi Embassy, which first requires authentication by the issuing University and then attested, a Police Clearance and a Medical Certificate. This all needs to be intiated and coordinated by a Visa Agent that knows how the system works, and usually your prospective employer organises this. Check first that your prospective employer can get you an Iqama, and how long they expect this to take. You'll struggle in KSA without one.

w_scott Apr 2nd 2021 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11 (Post 12990438)
For a KSA Work Visa you'll need your Degree Certificate validated by the Saudi Embassy, which first requires authentication by the issuing University and then attested, a Police Clearance and a Medical Certificate. This all needs to be intiated and coordinated by a Visa Agent that knows how the system works, and usually your prospective employer organises this. Check first that your prospective employer can get you an Iqama, and how long they expect this to take. You'll struggle in KSA without one.

Thanks Johny
Luckily, my degree is already attested by the KSA Embassy and attaché. This will spare me a big hassle. For police clearance and medical certificate it is not a big deal, I hope my prospective employer acts quickly on visa issue to be able to travel before Sep when schools start. Any idea how long the employer needs to initiate the visa?

Johnnyboy11 Apr 3rd 2021 5:16 am

If your employer has all the papers, and your passoport, then the visa can be issued in a few days. It's a quick process.

w_scott Apr 26th 2021 5:56 pm

Finally my employer initiated the visa process. Any idea how long it takes? and once an authorization number is received, how long it takes to process by the embassy?