British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   KSA Visa ACRO No Live Trace (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/ksa-visa-acro-no-live-trace-941115/)

N0MAD Oct 15th 2021 8:17 am

KSA Visa ACRO No Live Trace

This seems to come up every now and again, but never a conclusive answer... however those querying don't come back with their outcome, is this an omen? QED: An ACRO with "No Live Trace" ultimately results in a rejection of a Saudi Visa?

So here's the situation again:

1. KSA requires UK citizens to provide an ACRO Police Certificate over a DBS
2. Under UK law 'spent' convictions do not show on DBS, but on an ACRO they show as "No Live Trace" (talk about giving the game away)
3. KSA Immigration know this means there is a 'spent' conviction and ask you to obtain a SAR (Subject Access Request) to show them your full record (This is illegal for any UK entity to do this, ACRO's website even says that when you apply for a SAR)
4. It then seems to be a lottery as to whether or not you get a Saudi VISA

I have heard (and read on threads here and other sites) that a) Cautions, warnings etc especially from one's youth aren't a big deal. b) That 'spent' convictions for theft can be ignored. c) that drink driving isn't seen as an issue given that the Kingdom is dry. d) that convictions that involve drugs are the only real issue and that result in an instant rejection!

Having just joined this site I can't seem to message those who have posted similar queries in the past, to find out how they got on. Interestingly, I can't find any replies on the threads which are actually from people who have applied for a visa (with a spent conviction) and been successful... or not!

I agree with the statement "It's the ME... there's no hard and fast rule!" which has been mentioned a few times in relation to this subject. However it would be good to see if people who have experience 1st hand or maybe 2nd hand, at a push, could reply with their outcomes. Fingers crossed

mikelincs Oct 15th 2021 8:36 am

Re: KSA Visa ACRO No Live Trace

This is one problem with a forum like this, there is no requirement, nor should there be, for anyone to come back and report their outcome. All you can do is to apply and see, it may be that it even depends who is scrutinizing the applications that day.

N0MAD Oct 15th 2021 8:54 am

Originally Posted by mikelincs (Post 13061985)
This is one problem with a forum like this, there is no requirement, nor should there be, for anyone to come back and report their outcome. All you can do is to apply and see, it may be that it even depends who is scrutinizing the applications that day.

Absolutely, completely agree with all your points... I have no doubt that even if someone reported a positive outcome with one set of circumstances, that another person in exactly the same boat, may well get a different result. I suppose my objective was really to narrow it down... is it 100 per cent no, 50/50 or better odds than that? Let's see

mdacruz1 Sep 7th 2022 10:50 am

Hi

just checking if anyone can provide outcomes.

Expatme Dec 27th 2022 3:53 am

Originally Posted by N0MAD (Post 13061983)
This seems to come up every now and again, but never a conclusive answer... however those querying don't come back with their outcome, is this an omen? QED: An ACRO with "No Live Trace" ultimately results in a rejection of a Saudi Visa?

So here's the situation again:

1. KSA requires UK citizens to provide an ACRO Police Certificate over a DBS
2. Under UK law 'spent' convictions do not show on DBS, but on an ACRO they show as "No Live Trace" (talk about giving the game away)
3. KSA Immigration know this means there is a 'spent' conviction and ask you to obtain a SAR (Subject Access Request) to show them your full record (This is illegal for any UK entity to do this, ACRO's website even says that when you apply for a SAR)
4. It then seems to be a lottery as to whether or not you get a Saudi VISA

I have heard (and read on threads here and other sites) that a) Cautions, warnings etc especially from one's youth aren't a big deal. b) That 'spent' convictions for theft can be ignored. c) that drink driving isn't seen as an issue given that the Kingdom is dry. d) that convictions that involve drugs are the only real issue and that result in an instant rejection!

Having just joined this site I can't seem to message those who have posted similar queries in the past, to find out how they got on. Interestingly, I can't find any replies on the threads which are actually from people who have applied for a visa (with a spent conviction) and been successful... or not!

I agree with the statement "It's the ME... there's no hard and fast rule!" which has been mentioned a few times in relation to this subject. However it would be good to see if people who have experience 1st hand or maybe 2nd hand, at a push, could reply with their outcomes. Fingers crossed

I see you made it to the UAE, I take it no ACRO police check was required there? Did you not go through with Saudi? Going through something similar, would really appreciate an update 👍🏼

christmasoompa Dec 27th 2022 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Expatme (Post 13161961)
I see you made it to the UAE, I take it no ACRO police check was required there? Did you not go through with Saudi? Going through something similar, would really appreciate an update 👍🏼

The OP hasn’t been on the forum for well over a year, and his/her location was put as UAE back in 2021. So I don’t think s/he has ‘made it’ to the UAE since posting, they were either there already or perhaps just selected that location for their profile even if not actually there.

Either way, as this thread is very old and the OP hasn’t used BE since Oct ‘21, I’ll close it now. Please start your own thread for info on police certs for the UAE.

Thx.