Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

KSA, Saudi Arabia Work Visa with ACRO No Live Trace

KSA, Saudi Arabia Work Visa with ACRO No Live Trace

Old Jul 6th 2020, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

WaitingForGodot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default KSA, Saudi Arabia Work Visa with ACRO No Live Trace

Hi All,

I was hoping and wondering if anybody, or preferably multiple people if possible, could provide any recent experience/s of being either ‘approved’ or ‘rejected’ for a KSA/Saudi Arabia Work Visa with an ACRO Certificate reading: No Live Trace?

I have seen quite a lot of discussion about this on forums from 3-4, or more, years ago, but not really any confirmation from anybody, either positive or negative, regarding if their visas were ultimately approved.

It appears I have 1 single: ‘Reprimand’ given when I was a juvenile/youth, approximately 17 years ago in 2004. Given the circumstances, trying to weigh up if it’s worth, or even if there is any point, in taking the £700+ gamble in going for the visa?

Would anybody be able to share their similar experiences either way, either ‘yay’ or ‘nay,’ to help me weigh it up?

Many thanks and very much appreciated to anyone that can comment and/or help!
Old Jul 6th 2020, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KSA, Saudi Arabia Work Visa with ACRO No Live Trace

You probably won’t get a definitive answer, the average guess here is “probably not”

The real question in my mind is why are you paying for the visa. That sounds more dodgy than your possession slap on the wrist.
Old Jul 6th 2020, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You probably won’t get a definitive answer, the average guess here is “probably not”

The real question in my mind is why are you paying for the visa. That sounds more dodgy than your possession slap on the wrist.
Thanks very much for the quick reply Millhouse, much appreciated...particularly your honesty, even if no closer to the ‘definitive answer’ I’m hoping for!

Regarding your query, my employment/job offer does cover all visa and transport costs to KSA etc., however...my thinking (which could well be wrong I admit, as I’ve never applied to and/or worked in KSA before) is if I’m unable to commence my contract due to no visa for this nightmare of a ghost from (many!) Christmases past, I don’t suppose I’ll be getting my visa costs reimbursed?
Old Jul 7th 2020, 5:06 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Millhouse is right, as with all thing KSA there's never a definitive answer though in this case probably not is more likely. I'm surprised juvenile records make it onto these checks?

As for your future company paying for your expenses should the application fail, I'm fairly sure that they won't or if they do be prepared for months of hounding and ball ache to get it back.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Thanks also weasel decentral for offering your opinion, much appreciated...even if general consensus does seem to be swinging in the opposite direction of where I’d like.

Regarding juvenile scrapes, it does unfortunately appear to be the case, as far as I can tell, since they began using the ACRO system that absolutely anything (caution, reprimand, warning...anything) will essentially be there forever as: ‘No Live Trace,’ indicating not applicable by UK Law anymore, but also evidently clearly indicating something is there.

Incredibly disappointing and frustrating, particularly as, due to the nature of my career, I’ve had plenty of Criminal/DBS etc. Checks in the past (and of course some ‘closer’ to the time so ‘fresher’ in terms of when it happened as well) and without incident until now...so it appears I’ll always be tarnished by my single solitary underage brush with ‘the fuzz’ in my life according to ACRO.

Would anybody consider or think about disclosing it to their prospective employer in KSA and just being honest about it? As I have read in a lot of places that the likelihood of the visa application going favourably would be significantly higher IF my employer/Saudi Sponsor were prepared to use their ‘wasta’ to attempt to swing it so? Also conversely, if I were to level with them and they rejected/withdrew my offer of employment, I suppose I’d know one way or another without agonising over the visa decision for a further month or more?

Any and all advice, experience, or suggestions very welcome as I’m definitely in between the proverbial ‘rock and a hard place’ on this one...
Old Jul 7th 2020, 3:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WaitingForGodot
Thanks also weasel decentral for offering your opinion, much appreciated...even if general consensus does seem to be swinging in the opposite direction of where I’d like.

Regarding juvenile scrapes, it does unfortunately appear to be the case, as far as I can tell, since they began using the ACRO system that absolutely anything (caution, reprimand, warning...anything) will essentially be there forever as: ‘No Live Trace,’ indicating not applicable by UK Law anymore, but also evidently clearly indicating something is there.

Incredibly disappointing and frustrating, particularly as, due to the nature of my career, I’ve had plenty of Criminal/DBS etc. Checks in the past (and of course some ‘closer’ to the time so ‘fresher’ in terms of when it happened as well) and without incident until now...so it appears I’ll always be tarnished by my single solitary underage brush with ‘the fuzz’ in my life according to ACRO.

Would anybody consider or think about disclosing it to their prospective employer in KSA and just being honest about it? As I have read in a lot of places that the likelihood of the visa application going favourably would be significantly higher IF my employer/Saudi Sponsor were prepared to use their ‘wasta’ to attempt to swing it so? Also conversely, if I were to level with them and they rejected/withdrew my offer of employment, I suppose I’d know one way or another without agonising over the visa decision for a further month or more?

Any and all advice, experience, or suggestions very welcome as I’m definitely in between the proverbial ‘rock and a hard place’ on this one...
Forget DBS. You will need an ACPO check for any visa/migration record check, for the reason you hve already seen DBS is done under different laws and is not a complete check, there are different levels for different purposes. ACPO checks are all encompassing.and are thus suitable for visas, as no offence is ever spent when it comes to immigration.
Old Jul 7th 2020, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Forget DBS. You will need an ACPO check for any visa/migration record check, for the reason you hve already seen DBS is done under different laws and is not a complete check, there are different levels for different purposes. ACPO checks are all encompassing.and are thus suitable for visas, as no offence is ever spent when it comes to immigration.
Thank you also Pollyana for the further clarification. It appears I’m only just becoming (possibly to my detriment it could be looking like) aware of how the ACRO process works, and what it covers.

Unfortunately it’s looking like I’m stuck in a bit of a: ‘Catch 22’ with this, as legally speaking and the age I was at the time (juvenile/youth) along with the outcome: ‘Youth Reprimand,’ it is not recordable as a: ‘Criminal Offence/Criminal Record,’ and so shouldn’t be stated as: ‘No Live Trace,’ so currently trying to legally challenge that. However of course, my employment in KSA is contingent on legally being granted residency, so not sure if what THEY class as juvenile/youth (if anything!) will apply?

Think it’s looking more and more like I’ll not get anything ‘definitive,’ but that’s really what I’m looking for from anyone at this stage if possible? Has anyone got any experience of a: ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to a KSA work Visa with something many moons ago and minor noted on their ACRO?

Really looking like I’m going to have to take a: ‘suck it and see’ approach, so trying to weigh up (ideally with some ‘firsthand experience’ input) if it’s worth: ‘sucking it’ in the first place!
Old Jul 9th 2020, 8:37 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Just a further point related to the costs, when I worked in KSA my company sent me a form to sign prior to forwarding the offer. One of the declarations I had to make was that I had no knowledge of anything that would prevent me getting a visa. Looking back now this seems like how they would disbar payment for unsuccessful visa applications - especially known convictions.
Old Jul 10th 2020, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again weasel decentral for the additional info and personal experience.

Fortunately not received anything of that nature from my prospective employer as of yet, and so far all of the communication (including official paperwork etc.) has been pretty pleasant and positive it seems to me.

Looking like I’m staring down the barrel of 3 possible options it appears:

1. Level with my (hopefully!) soon to be employer with complete honesty and transparency...run the risk of them pulling my contract and job offer right out the gate, but, at least I’d have a definitive answer and it would stop the torment. This is looking like the front runner I must admit, or...
2. Just go ahead, apply for the visa and hope for the best, while probably expecting the worst of course, or...
3. Abandon all hope altogether and withdraw from the process. Admittedly, by far the least palatable, as it will leave me unemployed (for the time being) in the middle of a COVID-19 induced bordering on global economic recession (and even more of a kicker as I had no inkling this would ever be an issue, and had all but forgotten this minor folly of a foible in my teens)!

Please could I ask one more time if anyone else out there at all has any further advice, and/or hopefully experience of something similar at all?!
Old Jul 15th 2020, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Going alone or with family ? Medium-term plans ? What will you do after KSA ?
Old Jul 15th 2020, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Hi scot47,

Currently planning to initially go by myself with my spouse to join in a few months.

I would say my medium-term plans are simply to remain in KSA working diligently for my employer (assuming I can hopefully get there in the 1st place of course!). Finally, haven’t given much thought to after, particularly as it could be quite a long posting if all goes well.

Curious as to why the above would matter particularly though?
Old Jul 15th 2020, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Curious as to why the above would matter particularly though?
He is suggesting (correctly) that you need an exit strategy. As you may become unemployable in the west if you stay there too long.

If I were you, it seems that the risks to the downside (i.e. you don't get a visa) are well known, capped and easily priced (i.e 700 quid). The upside is significantly higher. I'd take my chance... but hey, I like to gamble.

Old Jul 15th 2020, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
He is suggesting (correctly) that you need an exit strategy. As you may become unemployable in the west if you stay there too long.

If I were you, it seems that the risks to the downside (i.e. you don't get a visa) are well known, capped and easily priced (i.e 700 quid). The upside is significantly higher. I'd take my chance... but hey, I like to gamble.
Hi Millhouse,

Many thanks, truly, for both your additional clarification of scot47’s suggestion, as well as your thoughts on the best course of action.

I must admit, I had (pretty much) arrived at the same conclusion myself, but always helps to hear it echoed from others when weighing up difficult decisions...

Just leaves me mulling over: ‘full disclosure with my prospective employer vs. hit and hope with the Embassy’ now I guess?!

Cheers.
Old Jul 15th 2020, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I ask about dependants to highlight the fact that partners do not always take well to Saudi Arabia. Mine did not.

You could have a great job paying oodles of cash but if your partner is unhappy........................................... ...........
Old Jul 15th 2020, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
I ask about dependants to highlight the fact that partners do not always take well to Saudi Arabia. Mine did not.

You could have a great job paying oodles of cash but if your partner is unhappy........................................... ...........
Many thanks also scot47 for highlighting an aspect of Saudi Arabia that is definitely one that requires careful consideration.

However, quite frankly for myself and my partner at present it is very much somewhat of a ‘rock and a hard place’ scenario, and while KSA doesn’t exactly represent the only option, it certainly represents by a gaping gap the best of the best right now!

Here’s hoping our lengthy discussions on it translate to something we both enjoy (and that I get in of course as well)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.