British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   KSA Job Offer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/ksa-job-offer-933169/)

scot47 Jan 1st 2021 7:36 am

Re: KSA Job Offer

Originally Posted by HB89 (Post 12952130)
Ouch! Well hopefully you get back. Not like Emirates to have poor customer service.

I got my Iqama the other day. Which was great news, put a smile on my face for all of an hour until I got to a bank. I had my iqama and my letter from the company re salary etc...

I got there and there was one problem after another; device failed, then mid application had to register on Absher, then had to register an address on SaudiPost.sa which was a nightmare because I live in a hotel (villa not ready for a few more days). Turns out SaudiPost does it based on my gps location so I need to be at the hotel. That night I was moving to Al Nakhla, so had to do that then register the address. Did that. Then went on Absher, it's not activated need to go to a device to do that. Fine, went to the nearest one, tried 3 times not working. Others couldn't get it to work for them either. Went to another ATM and it wasn't there (damn google). Went to a third ATM and it had a queue out the mall into the carpark, pass!

Day after I got my absher activated.

Went online to begin process for Family Residency Visa and there is an issue with my job title on the e-platform so now I need to go to the Istiqadam office *slaps head*

If you had a decent employer their "fixer" would do all of this or at least help you. To me their inactivity is an alarm bell !

HB89 Jan 2nd 2021 8:27 am

There are 2 available. Ideally they'd be as close to the gym, preferably with a secret entrance :D

HB89 Jan 2nd 2021 8:28 am

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12952139)
If you had a decent employer their "fixer" would do all of this or at least help you. To me their inactivity is an alarm bell !

I'm going to ruffle some feathers. Not good enough for such a large company.

Charl01 Jan 4th 2021 3:59 am

I'm going to ruffle some feathers. Not good enough for such a large company.

Mmmmmmm how long have you been in KSA?

Ruffling feathers might not be in your best interest believe me

HB89 Jan 9th 2021 10:53 am

By 'Ruffle Some Feathers' I didn't mean it in that sense. I sent an email to cc'ing a few senior people about the issues I'm having and requested support which I've now got in abundance. I was perhaps too quiet and dealing with as much myself. This was in turn wasting time during work hours solving personal matters.

Anyhow, it's sorted. Iqama received, Bank account open, Visa application for family in progress and I move into my villa tomorrow.

I've been in Riyad since 14 Dec 2020.

Anyone with information on cheapest method to send money back to the UK? Pay mortgage, bills etc...

Also, I was recommended the Ajwaa Credit Card from Bank Aljazira which gives you points to spend on any airline. From what I've read seems to be the most flexible with points. Any one with anything to add?

scot47 Jan 9th 2021 11:24 am

Cheapest - I am not sure. i used my own bank. Sometimes Al Rajhi or one of the other money exchanges. KSA has a very sophisticated banking and remittance system used by the lillions of foreign workers to remit money back home.

I often used Speedcash which is run by SAMBA (Saudi American Bank). I used to go downtown and stand in line. i am sure you can do it electronically. All the other banks offer similar facilities.

HB89 Jan 13th 2021 2:09 pm

Got my Driving License today. Hopefully have a car by tomorrow so I can drive on Saturday morning on dead quiet roads getting used to being the other side.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to go to SABB and upgrade my account to Premier which according to their staff offers better exchange rates. I will share once I know.

Another great news my marriage and sons birth certificate has been stamped in the UK. Hopefully the scans will be accepted. If so I should be able to get my families residency visa soon and then fly them out to Dubai before coming here.

scot47 Jan 13th 2021 3:48 pm

Well done. I enjoyed my time in KSA, spread over a long period in "chunks". Not for everyone. Having a good employer makes a difference.

Trailing_Hubby Jan 13th 2021 4:52 pm

Wow - you are motoring! I can get my Iqama soon, apparently.

We made it back from Dubai and have just finished quarantine. A bit confusing as to how long you have to do, but we did the 7 days. Anyone who went back to the UK has another week at least in Dubai or somewhere else before they can head back here, so good job we decided to do the Maldives instead.

HB89 Jan 16th 2021 1:26 pm

Nice to have you back.

Yeah if you are from the UK you have to spend 14 days outside of the UK before entering KSA. When I arrived in KSA in December I had to re-quarantine and re-test.

I've been fortunate to have Saudi Arabian colleagues who are really keen to help with any issue. One of them kindly helped deal with all licence and car processes.

Just need to sort out families visa. My wife has sent scanned attested docs. The Govt Relations office is going to apply on my behalf with the scan hoping the UK passport is sufficient. If not then my wife will need to send me the originals. Fingers crossed they accept the scanned files. I'll then see my family around mid Feb. I miss them too much!

Gardson Feb 14th 2021 5:55 pm

Thanks for sharing the information regarding recruitment process. Very helpful. I am waiting for an offer at the moment. Do you mind sharing the split of base salary and housing? Need more insights regarding pay structure. I could not find much information for the detailed compensation package on this forum, particularly for Saudi jobs.

HB89 Feb 27th 2021 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Gardson (Post 12971899)
Thanks for sharing the information regarding recruitment process. Very helpful. I am waiting for an offer at the moment. Do you mind sharing the split of base salary and housing? Need more insights regarding pay structure. I could not find much information for the detailed compensation package on this forum, particularly for Saudi jobs.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I didn't get the notification:

If you are still waiting on the split mine is as follows: Base Salary + 25% Housing + 10% Transport.

Gardson Feb 27th 2021 7:15 pm

Great, thanks! Hope all goes on well for your job!

TM86 Mar 18th 2021 3:21 pm

Your situation sounds very similar to the one I'm in. It would be great to connect to hear about how you're getting on. I'll PM you. Thanks.

HB89 Mar 19th 2021 1:13 pm

Hey,

Happy to help with any questions. Feel free to DM or ask on here as my answers and the forums could help an onlooker.