KSA Job Offer

Old Dec 16th 2020, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

HB89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: KSA Job Offer

So they never update it? To be honest I looked 30 when I was 16. Now i'm 31 I might be good for the next 15 years so that picture might hold.
Old Dec 16th 2020, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Had my COVID19 test this morning. Expecting results in 8-12 hours - not long left. If all good I can go house viewing tomorrow and finally see the city of Riyadh.
Old Dec 17th 2020, 5:51 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HB89
So they never update it? To be honest I looked 30 when I was 16. Now i'm 31 I might be good for the next 15 years so that picture might hold.
Not so far anyway. I thought it strange when I changed jobs. I did final exit from the 1st job, went back to the UK and did everything all over again, but they still used the 1st photo.
Old Dec 17th 2020, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Out of curiosity, has anyone here considered or got a mortgage in Riyadh? The rental market for villas (outside compounds) is bleak. Can't see many good ones, but for sale there are stunning properties within the 4x or 5x salary (UK rule of thumb).

Just looking at alternatives to compound living which considering it's rental is very expensive verses outside compound. Looking at all options.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 12:08 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Out of curiosity, has anyone here considered or got a mortgage in Riyadh? The rental market for villas (outside compounds) is bleak. Can't see many good ones, but for sale there are stunning properties within the 4x or 5x salary (UK rule of thumb).

Just looking at alternatives to compound living which considering it's rental is very expensive verses outside compound. Looking at all options.
Non GCC foreigners owning property is possible subject to permission from the ministry of interior I think, but more to the point...

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING??

Your life here is temporary and can be ended at any moment. You do not want to be terminated and in debt. Furthermore, even if you do own the property outright, what happens when you're terminated. Going to be very difficult to get rid of that property.

The best case scenario is that you know when you're leaving and still have to sell the property. Generally speaking Saudis like to move into a new place prebuilt, or buy the land and build themselves. Going to be very hard to sell that property.

So, to answer your question, I would say that not many have considered that. No one I've come across anyway, unless, and this is a big caveat, unless they were married to a Saudi.

Old Dec 18th 2020, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Thanks nonthaburi.
That was the reason for asking the question. Those here know better than I do and so are the best people to ask and learn from.
I wasn't intending on buying straight away, but rather the idea (and that's all it was) was to rent out of compound for a year or two in a nice place but to save more and use those savings to put a deposit.
Some really good points raised. Think I'll stick to rental until I learn some more.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 6:44 am

Thanks nonthaburi.
That was the reason for asking the question. Those here know better than I do and so are the best people to ask and learn from.
I wasn't intending on buying straight away, but rather the idea (and that's all it was) was to rent out of compound for a year or two in a nice place but to save more and use those savings to put a deposit.
Some really good points raised. Think I'll stick to rental until I learn some more.
Good idea renting off compound. They can be very expensive, but you're not renting the property, you're renting the lifestyle and freedoms that go with the compound. But as long as you have friends to visit in compounds which you will in time it doesn't really matter that much. Off compound you can propably get a very nice villa with high walls in the 60k region.

Personally I'd be using any savings to pay off a mortgage in the UK, or putting savings towards buying in the UK. Forget about buying in Saudi.
Old Dec 19th 2020, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

HB89
Buying real estate in KSA for someone in your position is a definite NO-NO.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for advice you two.
Old Dec 24th 2020, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Just had my second COVID19 test after having to re-quarantine. I have to say the test here is much better than my UK Fit to Fly test. So much faster and much less invasive - hopefully not at the cost of accuracy.

Anyway, should get my results in around 12 hours and all being good I am once again a free man.

Priority number one get my Iqama medical done. Priority two...Find somewhere that does a christmas lunch! jk not jk.
Old Dec 25th 2020, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough

I’m in the Maldives. We may or may not get back!!
Old Dec 28th 2020, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

How are you getting on? I am sure I read the ban has been extended, are you stuck out there another week now?
Old Dec 30th 2020, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Yeah, stuck in Dubai. Emirates don’t want to know and apparently we aren’t covered on our insurance! Better than being stuck in Malé through I guess.
Old Jan 1st 2021, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Ouch! Well hopefully you get back. Not like Emirates to have poor customer service.

I got my Iqama the other day. Which was great news, put a smile on my face for all of an hour until I got to a bank. I had my iqama and my letter from the company re salary etc...

I got there and there was one problem after another; device failed, then mid application had to register on Absher, then had to register an address on SaudiPost.sa which was a nightmare because I live in a hotel (villa not ready for a few more days). Turns out SaudiPost does it based on my gps location so I need to be at the hotel. That night I was moving to Al Nakhla, so had to do that then register the address. Did that. Then went on Absher, it's not activated need to go to a device to do that. Fine, went to the nearest one, tried 3 times not working. Others couldn't get it to work for them either. Went to another ATM and it wasn't there (damn google). Went to a third ATM and it had a queue out the mall into the carpark, pass!

Day after I got my absher activated.

Went online to begin process for Family Residency Visa and there is an issue with my job title on the e-platform so now I need to go to the Istiqadam office *slaps head*

Sunday I will go to our Government Relations team and get their help and if I have to go anywhere I'm dragging one of them with me.

Good news is I'm at Al Nakhla, need to view 2 villas and decide which one to go with. It's really nice and beautiful here. Now time for the gym.
Old Jan 1st 2021, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

I’d try to have one where the garden backs straight out to the pool area if I had the chance, rather than that little path they have. We had a nice view from the bedroom to the pool when we had one. Depends on what’s available I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.