KSA Job Offer

Old Jun 19th 2020, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Trailing_Hubby will become famous soon enough
Default Re: KSA Job Offer

Not yet as we are working on an August date, but I get the impression they can move quicker if needed.

She's in IT. Michael Page were the recruiter, and they seem to be confident there should be plenty of roles coming up.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

HB89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: KSA Job Offer

Originally Posted by Trailing_Hubby
Not yet as we are working on an August date, but I get the impression they can move quicker if needed.

She's in IT. Michael Page were the recruiter, and they seem to be confident there should be plenty of roles coming up.
Thanks, appreciate you sharing.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember that a decent compound is normally up to about £60k/year for a house or half that for a flat. Al Nakhla, Al Bustan probably best options at present if you want a huge modern compound.
Old Jun 23rd 2020, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
Remember that a decent compound is normally up to about £60k/year for a house or half that for a flat. Al Nakhla, Al Bustan probably best options at present if you want a huge modern compound.
Thanks for the reply. You are spot on. a 3 bedroom house was costing just that when I asked. When my wife asked the price was 20k SAR cheaper. I managed to negotiate down a little but no way near where she started let alone where she ended up. Will wait and see if there are any other expats at my new company that I can leverage for further discounts - don't ask don't get.

Al Bustan, looks good. The reason we have Al Nakhla at the top is it looks full of life and prestine. Whereas Al Bustan looks prestine but a little flat, but by no means off the list. Please feel free to suggest more.

Old Jun 23rd 2020, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered what happens after KSA ? In many jobs, a spell in KSA can be the "kiss of death" to further job prospects. Do you have an Exit Strategy ? When I went back to KSA I planned to spemd the rest of my working life there, and in my case that turned out reasonably well. I still miss that nice, tax-free salary. My eldest daughter enjoyed her time at school in Jeddah. My wife enjoyed the shopping in The Souk ("Shara Gabel", "Balad") and in the shopping malls. Saudi still has a lot going for it. And the Gold Souk !
Old Jun 23rd 2020, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Strictly speaking I have not thought much about an 'Exit Strategy'. I don't know what it's going to be like. The pay rise and promotion will put me well ahead of my years (am 30 years of age) and as long as my career develops and progresses I am happy to stay. I come from humble beginnings so what this opportunity does for me and my family. Not just my wife and child but also my mum and siblings, how I can support them is incredible. I have more motivating me to go and stay than just the sense of adventure.

We have family that has done the Middle East experience. Some have stayed, some came back, but everyone was glad they did it and there lives back here are better for it. There's too many variable to consider a single Exit Strategy so I'm not giving it much air-time.
Old Jun 23rd 2020, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

For some of us, the proximity to Mecca and Medina can be a powerful attrrcation. While living in Jeddah, I had American colleagues who drove up to Mecca most Fridays.
Old Jun 24th 2020, 9:42 am
Just Joined

wonderer123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that's interesting for all of those looking for a quick move to KSA...….pandemic end---who can predict that

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronav...-pandemic-ends
Old Jun 24th 2020, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wonderer123
Now that's interesting for all of those looking for a quick move to KSA...….pandemic end---who can predict that

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronav...-pandemic-ends

That's discouraging. I wonder if by end of Pandemic they are referring to the state NZ were in prior to the two UK travellers. Who knows? Guess I will ask the company.
Old Jul 8th 2020, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1700341/saudi-arabia

Looks like they've not forgotten expats. I've seen and heard progress on my SAMA application, so there is some traction
Old Jul 8th 2020, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

omega7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HB89
Compared to what I am on now it's a huge pay rise and in terms of savings, consider current savings non-existent. Compared to my current situation it's a great position to be in. My question is by rule of thumb am I saving what you would expect an expat in my position to be saving, am I wasting an opportunity to save more, or comparatively it's a reasonable amount?
Late reply, sorry; given that you are 30, this is an opportunity not to be missed! I am actually surprised that you got such an offer given your age, as Saudis target mainly well-experienced expats. But either way, cograts.

So while the offer could have been higher (e.g. same package but with accommodation extra, plus maybe some allowances), there is no doubt you should take it...and fast
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HB89
https://www.arabnews.com/node/1700341/saudi-arabia

Looks like they've not forgotten expats. I've seen and heard progress on my SAMA application, so there is some traction
Seems like no normal visas are being issued right now. There's a repatriation flight in the middle of August and talk of the Bahrain border being opened at some point, but nothing firm as yet. End of August is a way away I guess, so we may well be fine, but will have to see how it goes.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

I am still waiting on SAMA to approve my application as I will be working in Financial Services. It was meant to be a 10 day wait. Coming up to 6 weeks now, still no news.

I can deal with the wait, as long as I know how long the wait is. It's the not-knowing that bothers me. I can't plan my UK life. Nothing I can do either.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Yeah - we need to get everything packed up and into storage and that's pretty much a fixed date. Might well be couch surfing from September!!
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 3:36 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

This from the GACA today.

https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/...l-flights-GACA

I'm expecting that case numbers will have to come down to at least under a thousand a day before things open up. Maybe by September.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.