Jobs in saudi / UAE

Old May 22nd 2010, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jobs in saudi / UAE

Hi all,

Not new on here but not a regular either. Nothing has ever kicked off in terms of moving abroad so really had nothing to post about

Interested in moving to the ME (aren't we all!) and finding it difficult get any visibility of real chances. Registered with Gulf Talent but not got a single bit of luck through it. No one has even looked at my CV and I reckon it's a pretty strong CV (I normally get to first round interview stage at least in the UK).

Wondering if someone can help ? I am looking for a job in the information security field. Risk Assessments, policies, auditing maybe, etc

Thanks
Old May 22nd 2010, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Jobs in saudi / UAE

p.s:

I have a degree (I lie, I have two ... bachelors and masters)
I have nearly 6 years experience in the field
also have the top certifications in the field.
Old May 22nd 2010, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Nudda... The economy is awful... nudda-lot of jobs here mate.
Old May 22nd 2010, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Appreciate your reply but this is the answer I got last time I msged here - months if not years ago. Happy to get a job and come over to "get-by". Main aim is to get into the ME with a comfortable job. I agree that things are not great there. In fact, my aunt is moving from Abu Dhabi to London.

But if I dont try, I wont get.
Old May 22nd 2010, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda
Appreciate your reply but this is the answer I got last time I msged here - months if not years ago. Happy to get a job and come over to "get-by". Main aim is to get into the ME with a comfortable job. I agree that things are not great there. In fact, my aunt is moving from Abu Dhabi to London.

But if I dont try, I wont get.
Try the investment banks in Dubai. Many of them are recruiting (heavily) again. Maybe they need some back office. Although I would have thought though that what you do would all be centralised for the multinationals at their headquarters, so for the banks this would be in London.

Local firms don't really give a toss about this sort of thing. Risk and audit is all a bit lost on them.

LinkedIn might be helpful.
Old May 22nd 2010, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Quite right - the banks are recruiting heavily. A lot of them are seeing Risk Management as an important area now. It is becoming a hot topic especially with the forecast of cloud computing, which is a risky addition to the business.

There are a lot of jobs out there I believe, I just need to know where to look for them. I am already active on LinkedIn but not many ME jobs being advertised there.

Anyone know of decent recruiters or websites I could look on ?

Cheers
Old May 22nd 2010, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nudda
Quite right - the banks are recruiting heavily. A lot of them are seeing Risk Management as an important area now. It is becoming a hot topic especially with the forecast of cloud computing, which is a risky addition to the business.

There are a lot of jobs out there I believe, I just need to know where to look for them. I am already active on LinkedIn but not many ME jobs being advertised there.

Anyone know of decent recruiters or websites I could look on ?

Cheers
Speak with Charterhouse, Colbalt or Robert Half. All awful but are reasonably well connected in the DIFC.
Old May 22nd 2010, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Speak with Charterhouse, Colbalt or Robert Half. All awful but are reasonably well connected in the DIFC.
Thanks mate.

CharterHouse and Robert Half are a total waste of space - dealt with them before. Will check out Colbalt though!

Any more

Thanks again