British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Jobs in Dubai??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/jobs-dubai-763580/)

bryonyb Jul 2nd 2012 8:31 am

Jobs in Dubai???

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so "hello!"

My husband is looking into jobs in Dubai at the moment which means I also need to find work (part time as we have 2 small boys). My problem is that although I used to be a registered theatre nurse I haven't practised in 18 months and as a result my registration has lapsed. In the meantime I have built up my own direct selling business in the UK which has taken off superbly but I obviously will not be carrying that on!

Any advice on unskilled/inexperienced part-time work or agents out there would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Bryony x

Patsy Stoned Jul 2nd 2012 9:18 am

Re: Jobs in Dubai???

Originally Posted by bryonyb (Post 10149870)
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so "hello!"

My husband is looking into jobs in Dubai at the moment which means I also need to find work (part time as we have 2 small boys). My problem is that although I used to be a registered theatre nurse I haven't practised in 18 months and as a result my registration has lapsed. In the meantime I have built up my own direct selling business in the UK which has taken off superbly but I obviously will not be carrying that on!

Any advice on unskilled/inexperienced part-time work or agents out there would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Bryony x

You might be able to get partime work in 1 of the schools. Maybe worth gettin gyour registration upto date if you have time. Parttime work here is not well paid at all. Can't you continue your UK job here online??

bryonyb Jul 2nd 2012 2:01 pm

I've asked the owners if the company I work with if I can take it with me as it's not possible to do online. Perhaps renewing my registration would be the best option. Thanks.

Blue Cat Jul 3rd 2012 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by bryonyb (Post 10150389)
I've asked the owners if the company I work with if I can take it with me as it's not possible to do online. Perhaps renewing my registration would be the best option. Thanks.

it would be but I doubt you would get part time theatre work either, full time yes :)

mrdavid62 Jul 3rd 2012 7:52 pm

Hi I am looking for a job in Dubai I am a Gas and A/C and oil technician working in the Domestic and commercial markets and looking for any recruitment agencies as I am looking to move within the next 2-3 months can any one help thanks

Meow Jul 4th 2012 4:51 am

Originally Posted by mrdavid62 (Post 10153044)
Hi I am looking for a job in Dubai I am a Gas and A/C and oil technician working in the Domestic and commercial markets and looking for any recruitment agencies as I am looking to move within the next 2-3 months can any one help thanks

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Dubai_...tment_Agencies

mrdavid62 Jul 4th 2012 8:50 pm

Hi I am looking for a job in Dubai I am a Gas and A/C and oil technician working in the Domestic and commercial markets and looking for any recruitment agencies as I am looking to move within the next 2-3 months can any one help thanks can any one recommend any agencies on [email protected]

auzdafluff Jul 5th 2012 5:17 am

:thumbdown:

Meow gave you a link in response to your last post; a very good one at that.

If you're not going to help yourselves, why should we spend out precious time helping you?

Besides, unless you're willing to compete with subcontinental wages, forget it. It sounds like a blue collar job.

mrdavid62 Jul 5th 2012 6:45 pm

Hi I tried a few of the agencies and sent emails but they bounced back

guuuude Jul 5th 2012 8:11 pm

so you was waiting 2!!!!!!!! days??