Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job package..........really sorry!

Job package..........really sorry!

Old Sep 28th 2009, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job package..........really sorry!

Why would you want local friends? Really, people who have such disdain for dogs aren't worth my time or attention.

Numerous expats have dogs, but it's not the best environment (weather-wise) for them, and outside the large expat compounds such as the Springs in Dubai, there aren't many places to walk dogs where they can meet other dogs or be let off the leash.

But if you have a small-medium sized dog, it's still doable as long as they have proper air conditioned environments in the hot summer months.

As per your question on housing allowance: if you are working off the island or just on the island, it may be worth it to live in the south end of Dubai (Marina, Springs, Discovery Gardens, the Greens community) and commute. A decent villa can be had for 150K a year, and you can pocket the rest.

Originally Posted by spart
220k for housing is fine. In the current environment its pretty good.

Dogs - they are not mad about them here, Muslims consider dogs close to pigs. There are a few about with Western expats, but don't expect it to win you any local friends.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all
Default Re: Job package..........really sorry!

I've been looking in Gulf News at property. Do you know of any publications that have photo's along with the descriptions?
I think Abu Dhabi Week is better