Job offered!!!

Old Oct 24th 2011, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Mr_Mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job offered!!!

Ilford_or_Dubai - have you heard back yet from your potential employer?

I think i'm in a similar position, I accepted the conditional offer for a role in AD (after some negotiation of course ). I've been told my file is going through CID clearance (See my post on CID Clearance ???).. about 4 weeks have passed.. still waiting. The HR contact has no idea how long it will take.. The worst is waiting and not knowing..

Would be interesting to see where you are in the process and how long it takes.. reading through the post... you've been moving through the process faster then I have.. First contact in Feb 2011... Offered the role in June 2011.. Now Oct.. still waiting
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

Ilford_or_Dubai is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr_Mo
Ilford_or_Dubai - have you heard back yet from your potential employer?

I think i'm in a similar position, I accepted the conditional offer for a role in AD (after some negotiation of course ). I've been told my file is going through CID clearance (See my post on CID Clearance ???).. about 4 weeks have passed.. still waiting. The HR contact has no idea how long it will take.. The worst is waiting and not knowing..

Would be interesting to see where you are in the process and how long it takes.. reading through the post... you've been moving through the process faster then I have.. First contact in Feb 2011... Offered the role in June 2011.. Now Oct.. still waiting
Feb to Oct is a long time - how much time did you spend negotiating?

My status:

1) Contract signed with an agreed start date 15th Jan
2) HR person said she will apply the employment visa early dec as it has 60 days validity period to enter.
3) I've filled all the forms they require for the work visa to arrange and now serving my notice period in my current job..
4) what is CID clearence? - I will read your thread NOW!!

Good luck
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:24 am
Just Joined

Good going!! Congrats!! that was quick!!

you did't go through security clearance? I thought Security Checks is mandatory, I must be wrong ?!.. must depend on the industry you work in, The position I have been offered is in finance / banking.

Good luck with it all!
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Good going!! Congrats!! that was quick!!

you did't go through security clearance? I thought Security Checks is mandatory, I must be wrong ?!.. must depend on the industry you work in, The position I have been offered is in finance / banking.

Good luck with it all!
how many months did you spend negotiating?

I work in finance in Telecoms!
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:53 am
Just Joined

Well, when I say negotiate. I went through an agency.. so did'nt have to be too diplomatic in my style. They offered the package, I simply replied I need to think over the numbers.. then later replied if they could improve on it.. the improved verbal offer came through within a few days.. but they had to change the grade of the job to match the numbers.. and so had to go through Senior / Director level approval which all in all took about 4 weeks for the formal conditional offer to come through. The offer was improved by approx 25% happy days!
Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

The offer was improved by approx 25% happy days!
I surely missed an opportunity there! had my reasons (thinking loud!)