Job offered!!!

Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Ilford_or_Dubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job offered!!!

Originally Posted by Scamp
Not a lot with happen with the HR Girl.

She can't make the decision to increase your salary.

You need to speak to, and i hate to use this expression, the MAN (Money Authority Need).

He or she will be able to make what you agree happen. HR lady will just say no, then say she'll ask, then say no, then say she'll ask, then offer you a free wet wipe, then say she'll ask. You'll be hanging around forever.
to avoid all the hassle; said OK to the offer...

let's see what happens next...
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

lol Ilford- you're a worse negotiator than me! (never thought I'd say that)
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Ilford_or_Dubai

That isn't really an issue or an avoidance of hassle. If you think the salary they offered you is fair or better for the role you'll do and think you'll live and save with it then why not accept?

If it isn't the above then you should have caused hassle.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kittycat1
lol Ilford- you're a worse negotiator than me! (never thought I'd say that)
LOL I know!! bit keen to move there ASAP...

the offer is good, just wanted to haggle for an easy win...

the company is good, job is good, location is fine, relocation is paid for etc so can't complain much... Now watch for my next few threads on how to open bank account, find a car or 4X4 etc lol...
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

well congratualtions Ilford!

Try not to get stressed about everything as things can get tricky and everything is decorated in pretty red tape which is a ****** to get through- top tip- do not give your phone number to Rakbank!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 11:35 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

"Whaddya mean you don't want to haggle?"
Old Oct 17th 2011, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
"Whaddya mean you don't want to haggle?"
had a call this morning to renegotiate the offer; said "not a one dhrm more" (even if i go to my snrs) as much as i know it's true i wanted to close this sooner so i can move there (hopefully) for the new year!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:22 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

had a call this morning to renegotiate the offer; said "not a one dhrm more" (even if i go to my snrs) as much as i know it's true i wanted to close this sooner so i can move there (hopefully) for the new year!
Good luck
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Ilford....you've sold yourself short!

Mrs O was recently made an offer for a job which involved 7:30 - 16:30 five days a week for X amount.

After some simple haggling and horse trading she was able to get the same money for working a 3 day week. Only three weeks into her job, they are already making noises about her working 5 days a week and upping the salary pro-rata.

Anyway, good luck with it, I suppose you wanted to get the job in the bag without making waves.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

LOL I know!! bit keen to move there ASAP...

the offer is good, just wanted to haggle for an easy win...

the company is good, job is good, location is fine, relocation is paid for etc so can't complain much... Now watch for my next few threads on how to open bank account, find a car or 4X4 etc lol...
Forget the 4x4 until you know that you are going to stay for a few years - this will depend on how well your face fits and not necessarily on how well you do your job. Best to hire a car first or ask the Company to provide one. Good luck with the move.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 3:21 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by soukie
Forget the 4x4 until you know that you are going to stay for a few years - this will depend on how well your face fits and not necessarily on how well you do your job. Best to hire a car first or ask the Company to provide one. Good luck with the move.
I'd second that. Keep liabilities here to an absolute minimum--unless (or even if) you're working for a UK company your contract of employment will probably give your employer the right to terminate for no reason whatsoever. And even if it doesn't, the de facto position is that your employer can unfairly dismiss you and his maximum liability will be...3 months' pay. So actually no different from having a Termination for Convenience clause in your contract.

Life (and work) can be random here.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'd second that. Keep liabilities here to an absolute minimum--unless (or even if) you're working for a UK company your contract of employment will probably give your employer the right to terminate for no reason whatsoever. And even if it doesn't, the de facto position is that your employer can unfairly dismiss you and his maximum liability will be...3 months' pay. So actually no different from having a Termination for Convenience clause in your contract.

Life (and work) can be random here.
consistent response on this one...

Now that the employer has an accepted contract; what are the next steps? How long does it take from here on average can you guys please guide?

I know these things can varie however can I realistically expect to move there around Jan?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

from accepting the job to moving it took me around 3 months, they wanted me out quicker but took me that long to sort my life out!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:54 am
Hit 16's

Huge variance. Depends very much on the flexibility of your employer and how urgently they need you. Someone I know came out initially as a "consultant" on 30 day visas, during which time his full contract was negotiated and agreed and he started permanently after 3 such month-long visits.

There are more ways of killing a cat than stuffing it with cream.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 6:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

let me know if you want to buy a second-hand 4x4. With your negotiating skills I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.