Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job offer in Qatar - Please advice

Job offer in Qatar - Please advice

Old Jan 15th 2022, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

ussba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer in Qatar - Please advice

Hello Forum,

I’m based in USA and working as Program Manager. I’ve about 6 years of experience. My Net income (after tax) is about 90k USD.

i’ve got an offer from a very know company in Qatar with the following:

base: 36k QAR
accommodation: 9k QAR
transportation and Telephone: 2k QAR
school fees: up to 40k QAR (up to 3 kids)
Relocation : 40k QAR

We have one kid (he is 5 years old).

The offer is not negotiable.

Should I consider it? Please let me know you opinion.

thx guys 🙏

Old Jan 17th 2022, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer in Qatar - Please advice

Does wife work?

It's not a bad package, indeed, it's decent for your years of experience. It's not a major uplift from your current post-tax offer as you'll be forgoing any of the usual US 401k matching and social security deductions (I assume you get those).

School fees are on the lowish side for a proper western expat school. Check out the fees for American school of Doha and comparable: https://asd.sch.qa/admissions/tuition-fees/ you'll likely have to dip into your base salary to cover the differential in fees.

On the whole you'll live comfortably enough in Qatar as long as you're realistic and don't go crazy. Keep housing expenses to a reasonable level. The question is do you want to live in Qatar?
Old Jan 17th 2022, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

ussba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job offer in Qatar - Please advice

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Does wife work?

It's not a bad package, indeed, it's decent for your years of experience. It's not a major uplift from your current post-tax offer as you'll be forgoing any of the usual US 401k matching and social security deductions (I assume you get those).

School fees are on the lowish side for a proper western expat school. Check out the fees for American school of Doha and comparable: you'll likely have to dip into your base salary to cover the differential in fees.

On the whole you'll live comfortably enough in Qatar as long as you're realistic and don't go crazy. Keep housing expenses to a reasonable level. The question is do you want to live in Qatar?

Thank you so much for your answer. So we are originally from Morocco (dual citizenship) and we would love to live in a muslim county like Qatar.
I don’t think my wife will be able to work at least during the first year.