Job Offer in Qatar

Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

kaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to all
Default Job Offer in Qatar

I was offered a position with Qatar Gas in Qatar. Salary is USD 4500.

I have been reading about the impact of the banking crisis on the Middle East region and its effect on Dubai.

Which made me question as to whether people who had lost their job in Dubai are going to Qatar, and why the headhunter approach me and whether he had approach other people in the region and there is no taker?

Should I accept it?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

evickage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job Offer in Qatar

I am also off to Qatar but different company. Job situation here is grim in Abu Dhabi and Qatar so I think its the best option. I flew there for an interview. Not Dubai or Abu Dhabi but be a good place to save money and lets face it. Thats why a lot of us are here.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:31 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Are you getting accommodation paid for as well? You should really. I'm meant to be coming out there soon, when they sort out NOC from previous employer. I think it's a safer bet than Dubai, that's for sure.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

evickage is an unknown quantity at this point

I am getting accommodation and a car allowance but not sure about the guy that started the thread. My problem is paying my loan here form there. Keep worrying i'll get stopped at the airport.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:39 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evickage
I am getting accommodation and a car allowance but not sure about the guy that started the thread. My problem is paying my loan here form there. Keep worrying i'll get stopped at the airport.
I can't really answer that one in terms of what you should do legally, but if you can get out of there before getting your visa cancelled then set something up with the bank in Dubai from the safety of Qatar, you should be OK. Then again, you may want to ignore that and PM IndieGirl who is an expert on these matters.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

kaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to allkaungchiau is a name known to all

No mention of accommodation or car. Yet to receive the offer in writing.

My only concern is whether Qatar will be the next Dubai. I mean, what's the point going there if I could be dismiss in a few months time?

Another question: Does that mean that people who are laid off have their visa revoke?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yeh thats the problem think kuwait and qatar are having issues as well.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

The whole world is in the shit, hardly anywhere will be immune.

I'm currently looking into alternative countries where I could get by on about £10k for a year so I can avoid paying back my tax if I lose my job here. Or even a year teaching English is sounding tempting.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Do remember however that Qatar has an energy reserve and can fund its own development in a way that Dubai can't and relies on financing from Abu Dhabi and elsewhere.

With no mention of car or housing allowance I'd be more worried about what sort of quality of life you expect on USD45,000. 25,000 of that will go on rent alone at a minumum.
Old May 17th 2009, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

Guys do you know what Recruitment co is good in Doha? I have been in Duba for 12 years and been made redundant so looking for work anywhere...

HR background in Transportation/Logistics co and Oil and Gas...

Cheers
Old May 17th 2009, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dubaiboy
Guys do you know what Recruitment co is good in Doha? I have been in Duba for 12 years and been made redundant so looking for work anywhere...

Cheers
I found www.bayt.com useful as a starting point...
Old May 18th 2009, 2:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaiboy

Cheers
www.qatarliving.com
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:39 am
Just Joined

abdhulrahib is an unknown quantity at this point

Bayt(dot)com??

The question at hand has not been addressed. Very clever threatening to prosecute people that voice their opinions in Dubai, thats just traits of this region and you guys play into it very well.

Bayt and its clans are not going to return back my money by posting a lousy come-back to my complaints. I am short of $250 thats almost a 1000 AED. Unlike you, I can give you my name, and its Anand Malhotra and I have paid you for your service 4 months ago. I want Bayt and its owners to be responsible of its illegal scam charge that they procure to get job seekers hired.

I do not care if Rabea Ataya has received his Knighthood. He is a FRAUD and that doesn't change for me only because he charges poor job seekers $250 for a CV that is not justified in content nor is it justified in layout. Only charge if you can honor your claims, you clearly have not, in my case rather or perhaps many more who do not know how to voice their opinions online. I bet you guys rather deal with jobs seekers that fax in their CV's or call you for an appointment.

My order number is 5543325.22 thats all you need to know in order to track my payment made on November 24th, 2009. The position that I have applied for was for an Accountant Analyst.

If you issue me a refund, I will reduce or quit the frequency of my postings as a sign of good faith from other sites. I will also give you another week or so for you to decide what steps you must taken for me to receive this payment.

Looking forward to your legally coated clever bullshit response that is baseless of material facts. Please do peruse me for prosecution but do return my money back as thats all I need for now.

I guarantee you that no Indian would ever register on your website if I do not get my money back.

I have gotten every crafty response from you guys up until now for reasons my money cannot be refunded. I was told that your CV services were availed and that there was no money back guarantee. So what about the job guarantee ? I was under the assumption that I had a job lined up and all I had to do was get my CV created by Bayt.

I have yet to see what response you guys are capable of coming up with this time.

This frustration made possible only by Bayt and only in Dubai where company's like these get away only because money taken from job seekers like me are probably stashed away into the local partners bank account.

Until next time.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

You're the first person I know to have parted with hard earned cash on the promise of a job. NEVER pay someone for that, it's employers that pay recruitment companies, and even then only when they have actually placed someone.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem, I just looked on there for the names of local companies and contacted them directly.