Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job offer - Public Investment Fund

Job offer - Public Investment Fund

Old Dec 22nd 2021, 12:10 am
Just Joined

kidmann66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job offer - Public Investment Fund

Originally Posted by Kinesiz
Hi, I am also expecting an offer soon. Have you managed to negotiate the package at all or was it more take it or leave type package?
I feel that it's the latter. I already rejected them saying I won't accept this. All they have been trying to do is selling me the job prospect without moving any figures.
Old Apr 11th 2022, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Khan1786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TM86
Thanks. Are you willing to say how far you managed to push the offer up, before rejecting? I'm in the middle of a negotiation and it feels like they'll move quite a bit (but not sure it'll be enough).
hello, can you advise if you were able to push the initial offer? I am in the middle of discussions with them
Old Apr 11th 2022, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Khan1786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MyintD
To give everyone an update, I've rejected the offer. Unfortunately we could not agree on the compensation package.

My thoughts are you need to take some risks to relocate and it is very important to review every aspects of the changes. Some people on the forum has provided very helpful guidance. Thank you very much.
hey. What was the position (title) that you rejected ? Trying to make sense of their payscales.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

SSS_Analyst is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, I was actually confirmed the offer after my interviews and case study on 5 April'22 and the mail said, we will send you the offer letter in next 10 business days but I still haven't received the letter.
Can anyone please guide me is this delay normal or they might have decided to not go ahead with the formal offer for some reason. Grateful if someone with the experience can guide as I really need this job offer. I mailed to HR but there was no response at all.
Thanks a lot for the help in advance.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 6:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SSS_Analyst
Hi All, I was actually confirmed the offer after my interviews and case study on 5 April'22 and the mail said, we will send you the offer letter in next 10 business days but I still haven't received the letter.
Can anyone please guide me is this delay normal or they might have decided to not go ahead with the formal offer for some reason. Grateful if someone with the experience can guide as I really need this job offer. I mailed to HR but there was no response at all.
Thanks a lot for the help in advance.
Doesn't seem like there's been a delay yet, as 10 business days from 5th April only takes you to today? And that's assuming there haven't been any public holidays in that time (i.e. in the UK there have been two public holidays, so there would still be another couple of days to go).

So I wouldn't worry at all yet, give it a few more days before chasing them.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

SSS_Analyst is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I agree, 10 business days end today only and may be wait for a couple of days more. I was only thinking that a standard offer letter might not take this much time to prepare. Thanks a lot, appreciate your response.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 7:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SSS_Analyst
Yes I agree, 10 business days end today only and may be wait for a couple of days more. I was only thinking that a standard offer letter might not take this much time to prepare. Thanks a lot, appreciate your response.
Don't forget it's been Ramadan as well though, so that may have a impact on staff availability/working hours.

Good luck, hope you hear soon.
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Taurus85 is an unknown quantity at this point

After 3 months of interviews, calls, and plenty of waiting, I received an offer to work at PIF. The salary+ housing allowance average at 37,800/month.

Other allowances:
  • relocation bonus
  • airfare allowance
  • healthcare
  • 25 days of paid holydays + public holidays

Im single, so it feels like a decent offer. Also, I own a house so I would see a boost in income from renting it while away for a couple of years.

My current base+bonus is £70,500

Looking for thoughts and opinions, and if you work there, I would like to message you in private for more questions and insights.

Old Jul 11th 2022, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Plutus72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could anybody share any details on the visa process? Trying to understand what the process involves and how long it should take. Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2022, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Karam5656 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Plutus72
Could anybody share any details on the visa process? Trying to understand what the process involves and how long it should take. Thanks
Usually it take 3 to 4 weeks maximum to finalize the visa process. But the productivity of the companies HR also matter. By the way how much time it took you to get the offer?

cheers
Old Jul 20th 2022, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Plutus72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Karam5656
Usually it take 3 to 4 weeks maximum to finalize the visa process. But the productivity of the companies HR also matter. By the way how much time it took you to get the offer?

cheers
About three months end to end. If anybody has gone through the visa process it would be helpful to hear what the various steps were, and how long each step took. I have seen different timelines across different threads, I am particularly focused on government entities (as opposed to working for the private sector). Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2023, 1:45 am
Just Joined

RichardWolfe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! Is there an update on offers at a VP level for an investment role? I’d love to hear any guidance on the range for total comp one could expect at a VP level.
Old Feb 6th 2023, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Natasha11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.may I know how long on average it take to get feedback after being interviewed by the directors?need to see if I still stand a chance
Old Feb 17th 2023, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Benny31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, same for me…interviewed beginning of January and no news so far. Even asked the HH, but no answers….is this normal or should I consider this opp as gone? Thanks for your support here,mates!
Old Feb 24th 2023, 3:35 pm
yLs
Just Joined

yLs is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here for me. It looks like it takes 3 months from the beginning to the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.