Job offer Oman

Old Feb 3rd 2015, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default Job offer Oman

Ok.. so i am in the process of being interviewed for a job in Oman.

They have said that normally they would expect me to work a 3 month probabtion period of a 2 yr contract however they are going to offer me a 3 month contract.. to see if we like each other.. with a view to a fresh 2 yr contract.

Package for the 3 months is accomodation and car ( i will have to find out about medical cover, flights etc during this period).

The 2 yr package at this stage is 40K GBP equiv... i havent started asking if the accomodation etc is part of the deal but i suspect at this stage it wont be.

I have a wife and 4 kids ( all homeschooled) and they wont be travelling with me for the 3 months.. but, if everything is working out.. would want to move over.

My initial thoughts is that 40K and all accomodation car flights and medical sorted.. we could have an ok life and save something.. but if its just 40K GBP equiv .. no one is going to be happy and even less so with a wife and 4 little ones..

Is the housing and car package a deal breaker?
Old Feb 5th 2015, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default Re: Job offer Oman

well... in for a penny.. in for a pound...

Said yes... so.. looks like i will be heading over to the ME soon :-)
Old Feb 10th 2015, 12:31 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Are you going to homeschool in Oman?
Old Feb 10th 2015, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

yes.. we will homeschool