Job Offer Dubai

Old Nov 23rd 2016, 4:09 am
Banned

Username snipped is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offer Dubai

Hello British Expat Forum.

I've been offered a job as a Commercial Manager in Dubai, for AED45,000 a month. I am single with no kids, and 30 years old.

Could you give me an idea if this is a reasonable salary? Ive not worked in UAE before and I am currently in Russia on a stadium project.

Thanks

The Coon.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer Dubai

Yeah, for a single that's an excellent package. You will live well.

The devil, however, is in the details. Quality of employer, types of benefits, five versus six day weeks, etc cetera.

Originally Posted by The Coon
Hello British Expat Forum.

I've been offered a job as a Commercial Manager in Dubai, for AED45,000 a month. I am single with no kids, and 30 years old.

Could you give me an idea if this is a reasonable salary? Ive not worked in UAE before and I am currently in Russia on a stadium project.

Thanks

The Coon.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Try to get the 45k as a basic only, no allowances included in that, or has it already been split down. An example would be that you get 12k a month housing allowance, do you get that paid in one hit (144k for a year and can use it as you wish, or do you get it each month).

The devil is in the detail.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 7:05 am
Banned

Thanks you guys, I will have a detail look on job offer. It's for a western contractor, 5 day fortnightly. Same as where i work here.

How much would a 1 bed be in JLT/Marina?
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Anywhere from 80 to 150 depending on the apartment and building. If you budget 100k for a 1-bedroom you will get something nicer in a Emaar building.

There's more to Dubai than the Marina / JLT, FYI.

Thanks you guys, I will have a detail look on job offer. It's for a western contractor, 5 day fortnightly. Same as where i work here.

How much would a 1 bed be in JLT/Marina?
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 8:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Anywhere from 80 to 150 depending on the apartment and building. If you budget 100k for a 1-bedroom you will get something nicer in a Emaar building.

There's more to Dubai than the Marina / JLT, FYI.
100,000AED!!! Ouch. Any way thank you, do you recommend any Estate Agents?
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 10:01 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Try a friend of mine hlbennie as she covers The Marina.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

If you think that's expensive you're in for a rude awakening.

I might add, that as somebody looking for similar positions you've done very well to get an offer that high. Anything i've come across is a decent amount lower than that.

Last edited by CeeBee; Nov 23rd 2016 at 10:52 am.
Old Nov 25th 2016, 4:56 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, you'll be ok on that. That sort of salary usually goes to 40+ FRICS + Masters / CIArb and the like, so you've done well unless (or even if) you're some kind of wunderkid.

I lived comfortably on the Marina in a 100k-ish apt (2 bed, reasonable building). Most agents are crap, or worse. Worth going with a recommendation, so do follow up Meow's.

Depending on where your site / office will be, it's vital to check access times to and from SZR (Sheik Zayed Road), at the times you'll be using it. I was in Sulafa Tower, and it was generally 5 mins or less to/from SZR. Choose unwisely and it could be an hour. (Bear in mind that was 4 1/2 years ago, so things may have changed.) Also check that you'll have a designated parking space (even so, buggers will probably park in it).

Just checked, and 1-beds available in Sulafa for 80k.