Job Offer in Dubai

Old Nov 10th 2010, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer in Dubai

Originally Posted by seochris
They are all pretty much the same...!
don't management consultants just bullshit you with powerpoint?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:38 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

that is a shit package.

What company is this?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

seochris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commander
that is a shit package.

What company is this?
Really helpful....thank you.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soukie
Lack of job security is a big issue in the ME across all sectors - many people are here today gone tomorrow and you always have to be prepared for it. Best to keep debt free - no local credit cards or loans.
Would a fixed term (2,3 or 4 years) or indefinate term contract be better? Any difference in the two?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Would a fixed term (2,3 or 4 years) or indefinate term contract be better? Any difference in the two?
what do you think?!

probably makes bugger all difference, you will get fired here if the wind blows in the wrong direction anyway - but given the choice you go open so that you don't have to worry about renewals.

That said, I went from open to 2 year... but it's almost impossible to fire me
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:21 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

it makes not a blind bit of difference, if they want rid of you, you are gone, end of.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
what do you think?!

probably makes bugger all difference, you will get fired here if the wind blows in the wrong direction anyway - but given the choice you go open so that you don't have to worry about renewals.

That said, I went from open to 2 year... but it's almost impossible to fire me
I have read about end of service gratuities.....what's that about?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have read about end of service gratuities.....what's that about?
it is gratuity that is paid at the end of service as per the labour law - basically, in lieu of pension contributions. Works out about 5% p.a.

Everyone is entitled to it, not everyone gets paid it.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is entitled to it, not everyone gets paid it.
unless they are fired for Gross Misconduct. sacked someone last week, and there were a lot of tears when she found that part out!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it makes not a blind bit of difference, if they want rid of you, you are gone, end of.
Agreed, but try and negotiate a good notice period in your contract. The norm is 4 weeks so try for a longer period and then if something bad happens it will give you more time to sort things.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has been offered a job at $160,000 US all in.

Is this a reasonable package, he is a management consultant.
they are anal enough about husband and wife showing affection in public here, suggest you and your life partner are very careful... Unless the icon is wrong anyway...
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by soukie
Agreed, but try and negotiate a good notice period in your contract. The norm is 4 weeks so try for a longer period and then if something bad happens it will give you more time to sort things.
how does 1 year to me and 1 month to them sound...? hence why I took the 2 year contract.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

how does 1 year to me and 1 month to them sound...? hence why I took the 2 year contract.
6months both sides for me. now I've had a look around the market and see I'm underpaid, it's a but frustrating...
Old Nov 11th 2010, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Brains1983
6months both sides for me. now I've had a look around the market and see I'm underpaid, it's a but frustrating...
I know I'm underpaid but my end of service benefit accrues at 18% so I'll live.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 10:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I know I'm underpaid but my end of service benefit accrues at 18% so I'll live.
I feel we are underpaid as well but the rest of the package is good, just wish the basic salary was better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.