British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Job offer Doha (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/job-offer-doha-928050/)

Dbx365 Sep 22nd 2019 12:47 pm

Job offer Doha
 
Hello all,

I've been offered a role in Doha with a monthly salary of 30,000 inclusive of accommodation and transport. I'm from Montreal, is this a good salary (its a managerial role). How much you will go into rent and food? Any insights will be appreciated.

Cheers, Dbx

Millhouse Sep 22nd 2019 1:43 pm

Re: Job offer Doha
 

Originally Posted by Dbx365 (Post 12738267)
Hello all,

I've been offered a role in Doha with a monthly salary of 30,000 inclusive of accommodation and transport. I'm from Montreal, is this a good salary (its a managerial role). How much you will go into rent and food? Any insights will be appreciated.

Cheers, Dbx

what are you managing?

Dbx365 Sep 22nd 2019 2:07 pm

Re: Job offer Doha
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12738280)
what are you managing?

Its a Project Manager role

fth Sep 22nd 2019 7:16 pm

Re: Job offer Doha
 
Will you move with wife and kids?

Dbx365 Sep 23rd 2019 3:28 am

Re: Job offer Doha
 
I'm single no wife no kids

co durham boy Sep 23rd 2019 5:01 am

Re: Job offer Doha
 
Loads of variables in this such as who you are working for , project , time frame , obviously personal circumstance which are relative . It could be great or it could be shit if one of those variables is out .

Basically Qatar is shit but if you tick the boxes you can earn good cash and make it worthwhile for yourself . More detail required

DXBtoDOH Sep 25th 2019 6:00 pm

Re: Job offer Doha
 
Yeah, it's decent for a single.

How much you save is wholly up to you. You can find a room in a nice flatshare in West Bay, all inclusive, for 5k a month, and budget another 5k a month on food and entertainment and uber/taxis. If you work in West Bay you'll save a fortune on transportation costs. It won't be hard to set aside 20k each month to send home. I lived on 10k a month and was more than comfortable and when I left Qatar after two years I had racked up substantial savings.

ut if you want the lavish lifestyle + your own flat, you can easily spend 20k a month. Depends on priorities.

Scamp Sep 26th 2019 9:01 am

Re: Job offer Doha
 

Originally Posted by Dbx365 (Post 12738287)
Its a Project Manager role

Project Managing what? Please don't say anything relating to communications.


Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12740080)
Yeah, it's decent for a single.

How much you save is wholly up to you. You can find a room in a nice flatshare in West Bay, all inclusive, for 5k a month, and budget another 5k a month on food and entertainment and uber/taxis. If you work in West Bay you'll save a fortune on transportation costs. It won't be hard to set aside 20k each month to send home. I lived on 10k a month and was more than comfortable and when I left Qatar after two years I had racked up substantial savings.

ut if you want the lavish lifestyle + your own flat, you can easily spend 20k a month. Depends on priorities.

Ignore this guy, he buy second hand pants and only eats free samples from the supermarket.
Your credit card bill should be at least 20,000 a month or you don't belong in the region.

Dbx365 Sep 26th 2019 10:32 am

Re: Job offer Doha
 
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will be working for a Consultancy firm there and during the initial conversations i asked for 35 to 40k per month. Will push back and ask for at least 35k as i believe cost of living is going to take a huge chunk of what they are offering at the moment.

Millhouse Sep 26th 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Job offer Doha
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12740350)
Project Managing what?

I thought the same and concluded it was spreadsheets.

nottmbantam Oct 1st 2019 9:18 am

Re: Job offer Doha
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12740451)


I thought the same and concluded it was spreadsheets.

It's all "Gantt Charts and deliverables" these days isn't it?

Scamp Oct 1st 2019 10:21 am

Re: Job offer Doha
 

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 12742737)
It's all "Gantt Charts and deliverables" these days isn't it?

It's all 'stakeholders' and 'digital transformation' at the moment.


nottmbantam Oct 1st 2019 1:41 pm

Re: Job offer Doha
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12742776)
It's all 'stakeholders' and 'digital transformation' at the moment.

Ah yes, thank the Lord I don't have to work with 'Project Managers' these days. Complete set of delinquents. Almost as bad as Internal Auditors.

Pongo Oct 1st 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Job offer Doha
 

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 12742844)
Ah yes, thank the Lord I don't have to work with 'Project Managers' these days. Complete set of delinquents. Almost as bad as Internal Auditors.

Up there with Financial Advisors and Personal Trainers

nottmbantam Oct 2nd 2019 6:48 am

Re: Job offer Doha
 

Originally Posted by Pongo (Post 12742867)


Up there with Financial Advisors and Personal Trainers

Good call on Financial Advisors. Probably on par with Estate Agents and Solicitors.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:35 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.