Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job offer accepted, now the wait!

Job offer accepted, now the wait!

Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Sarahb79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job offer accepted, now the wait!

Originally Posted by arlene224 View Post
hi Sarah and Samantha

I'm a newbie, decided to join the forum as I also have a job offer from al rahba hospital and also in dialysis unit.

I haven't decided to accept the offer though.

Arlene
Hi Arlene,

Is the offer looking Ok or a bit of a stinker. The exchange rate has changed quite a bit from when I got my offer and package has droppped by about £2000 a year. I am still chasing paperwork so after thinking I'd be there by now, Oct is looking more likely, what with Ramadan next month.
Sarah
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

samanthak is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Sarah and Samantha

I'm a newbie, decided to join the forum as I also have a job offer from al rahba hospital and also in dialysis unit.

I haven't decided to accept the offer though.

Arlene
Hi Arlene,

Congratulations on your job offer, where are you based now? Did you apply through HCL? I hope you manage to get things sorted quickly, it seems like nothing is ever good enough for Al Rahba hospital!! What is making you think about the offer? I agree with Sarah, the exchange rate has changed but in reality the cost of things won't be any different as we will be paid in dirhams.

Sarah has a number of posts here, they are worth reading, people have been generally helpful. I got a message from a leasing agent she says prices are coming down in AD too.

Take care

Sam
Old Jul 19th 2009, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

arlene224 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sam,

My husband really wants to go there for a change. I think we have the same offer. My agency is Sigmar. Yes, they are really slow, I was interviewed in London last April, telephone interviewed last June and now I'm making them wait of my decision..LOL...

I might grab it though. I'm from Gloucester and I'm British-Filipino. I want to bring my family with me and my agency haven't mentioned the 3 months probation. I will clarify that.

Did you accept the offer already? It's nice though that we're on the same unit.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Hi Arlene,

Sounds like the same as mine, I had face to face interview in April and phone interview in June, got the job offer 3 days later. I think most offers are generally the same, its worth giving it a go.

I don't really know much about the probation period, we are just going to play it by ear and try and sort something when we know more about when we are going. I get the impression you can live out from the start but at your own expense, we were thinking of getting some short term accomodation until we can get the housing allowance. I don't if that would be so easy with a family.

Look forward to meeting you when we all finally get there.

Sam x
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Sarahb79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sam,

My husband really wants to go there for a change. I think we have the same offer. My agency is Sigmar. Yes, they are really slow, I was interviewed in London last April, telephone interviewed last June and now I'm making them wait of my decision..LOL...

I might grab it though. I'm from Gloucester and I'm British-Filipino. I want to bring my family with me and my agency haven't mentioned the 3 months probation. I will clarify that.

Did you accept the offer already? It's nice though that we're on the same unit.
Hi Arlene,

Come to a decision yet?

I'm in Bristol so only just down the road. PM me if you are ever this way and would like to meet up before we go. Be nice to see a face I recognise when eventually move.

Another Hiccup last week. Won't accept my transcript from NMC. Back to Uni to get it £75 quid later and another 4 week wait!

Christmas is looming.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by samanthak View Post
Hi Arlene,

Sounds like the same as mine, I had face to face interview in April and phone interview in June, got the job offer 3 days later. I think most offers are generally the same, its worth giving it a go.

I don't really know much about the probation period, we are just going to play it by ear and try and sort something when we know more about when we are going. I get the impression you can live out from the start but at your own expense, we were thinking of getting some short term accomodation until we can get the housing allowance. I don't if that would be so easy with a family.

Look forward to meeting you when we all finally get there.

Sam x
It sounds to me like Arlene may well have stolen your job, Samantha Hope I'm barking up the wrong tree, as usual.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
It sounds to me like Arlene may well have stolen your job, Samantha Hope I'm barking up the wrong tree, as usual.
I would you are lionheart, they are expanding the dialysis unit by 10 beds!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by samanthak View Post
I would you are lionheart, they are expanding the dialysis unit by 10 beds!
hi samantha, i dont know why, but i can't pm you. how's your papers now? u can pm me and i'll give u my e-mail add. thanks
Old Jul 29th 2009, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

hi samantha, i dont know why, but i can't pm you. how's your papers now? u can pm me and i'll give u my e-mail add. thanks
Hi Arlene, you need to post 5 times and then you can pm, just reply to this and then do another that says post 5 after it, I will let you know my email address then.

My papers are taking for ages, thought everything was nearly sorted to find out stuff was missing. Think its moving along now.

Sam x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:56 am
Just Joined

thanks sam! i'm still waiting for some of my certificates also.