Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job Market: the next few months...

Job Market: the next few months...

Old Sep 2nd 2011, 7:05 am
Just Joined

SimonReeves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Market: the next few months...

Hi All,

Eid Mabarak.

I'm from the UK and have been searching for an appropriate role in UAE/ Qatar for a 5 months.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me when it should start to get busy again? Before Ramadan I was told it was due to Ramadan preparation, then we had Ramadan, and now Eid. Can anyone give me heads up on when I should expect this to end, or if there is any light at the end of the tunnel?

Hope you're all well.

Reevesy

Last edited by SimonReeves; Sep 2nd 2011 at 7:26 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Market: the next few months...

Originally Posted by SimonReeves
Hi All,

Eid Mabarak.

I'm from the UK and have been searching for an appropriate role in UAE/ Qatar for a 5 months.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me when it should start to get busy again? Before Ramadam I was told it was due to Ramadam preparation, then we had Ramamdam, and now Eid. Can anyone give me heads up on when I should expect this to end, or if there is any light at the end of the tunnel?

Hope you're all well.

Reevesy
When Ramadan (correct spelling) and summer coincide (it's a 32-year cycle, so it isn't often) it gets very quiet. The economy is also still pretty fragile. September will see activity pick up a little, Oct and Nov should be better..... etc.... etc..........

What line of work are you in?
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 7:25 am
Just Joined

SimonReeves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job Market: the next few months...

Huge apologies on the spelling. Thanks for letting me know.

I'm in IT - Service Management specifically in the networking space. And you?