Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job interview in Doha and salary expectations

Job interview in Doha and salary expectations

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 7:47 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job interview in Doha and salary expectations

Originally Posted by Scottiebloke
Unfortunately I didn't get the job so didn't get as far as negotiations.

The medical consisted of checking eyesight, hearing, blood work, ECG, chest x-rays, lung capacity and a massive questionnaire about your health and family history.

Good luck with the interview.

SB
Why on earth did you have to do a medical before being offered the job? Or did you get booted due to the results of the medical?
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Scottiebloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by norsk
Why on earth did you have to do a medical before being offered the job? Or did you get booted due to the results of the medical?
God knows, but I know the medical was fine
There was three of us being interviewed and none of us got the job...I suspect they were looking for someone with an engineering background..which we didn't have!!
I guess they didn't really know what they were looking for!!

Anyway, on the positive side, I've got an interview for a Senior Document Controller job coming up, hope it goes well!
Not in the Oil & Gas side unfortunately!
Anyone have any idea what Senior Doccies go for these days in Doha, just in case they talk £££££???

SB

Last edited by Scottiebloke; Aug 3rd 2012 at 1:21 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Senior Document Controller
Head Librarian?
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me , i've still got a copy of James and The Giant Peach.....

Must have a few bob on the ticket now...
Old Aug 4th 2012, 4:43 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by co durham boy
James and The Giant Peach.....
Sound like something you downloaded from the X section on a torrent site.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
Sound like something you downloaded from the X section on a torrent site.
I use xhamster....
Old Aug 4th 2012, 8:26 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, on the positive side, I've got an interview for a Senior Document Controller job coming up, hope it goes well!
Not in the Oil & Gas side unfortunately!
Anyone have any idea what Senior Doccies go for these days in Doha, just in case they talk £££££???

SB
Document controllers are essentially paper filers , I can't say I have ever met a westerner employed in this role. I imagine the salary will be low.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 10:25 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Document controllers are essentially paper filers.......
There is no competition with the locals for these kinds of jobs.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Hey all,

'Head Librarian', not a bad guess, I'd say that's the nearest thing to it in a 'normal' job. Mystery bunch us doccies!!!

Paper filers is close, but that's at the lower level.
You get various levels, from filers as you say to managing the Doc Control dept.
I'm at the higher level, management almost, looking after several junior doc controllers in your own department.

At the lower levels can be badly paid, depends on the company I guess.
A huge amount appear to be Indians and Malaysians for some reason!

Desert Dubliner, I didn't understand your comment, care to clarify?

Regards
SB
Old Aug 6th 2012, 9:12 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner, I didn't understand your comment, care to clarify?
The locals love such jobs where they can file loads of stuff.

Btw you should go to Ireland. A head librarian on Dublin's Trinity uni is on 150k Euro. In a bust effin country. Unbelievable. And the sheep keep paying taxes to pay for such public sector extravaganza and for banks' debts.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

The locals love such jobs where they can file loads of stuff.

Btw you should go to Ireland. A head librarian on Dublin's Trinity uni is on 150k Euro. In a bust effin country. Unbelievable. And the sheep keep paying taxes to pay for such public sector extravaganza and for banks' debts.
Ah OK, I thought that's what you meant.
Guess that explains why all my applications aren't even opened.

Unfortunately a HL is only similar, some major difference and they tend to have a Librarianship degree, mine is in IT, so I wouldn't get a lookin.
Agree about the money, crazy, especially those soddin banks still paying their massive bonuses.....for losing money....wth!!

Anyway, cheers for the feedback, waiting to hear back this week after the interview. Will post back the result.

Regards
SB
Old Aug 7th 2012, 2:18 am
Banned

Best of luck, mate.

And start with yoga or at least breathing techniques, you will need it here.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Best of luck, mate.

And start with yoga or at least breathing techniques, you will need it here.
Cheers m8.

I'm still not sure why many people absolutely hate the place and others seem to love it!

Regards
SB
Old Aug 7th 2012, 7:50 pm
Banned

I'm still not sure why many people absolutely hate the place and others seem to love it!

Depends on which they you ask.

Sometimes its great and sometimes they drive me demented.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

Well... it’s looking good so far.
The company (British by the way), has been in touch to say they are keen to have me.
They have discussed my CV with their local authority clients and I’ve been accepted on principal, just the I’s to dot and T’s to cross apparently. They have to get approval for new hires from the Qataris’, but because of Ramadan and some local holiday, it won’t be 100% for about 2 weeks yet, when all will be OK’d and a package put together.
So, now waiting patiently and keeping everything crossed.

Regards
SB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.