Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Old Jul 14th 2015, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

MSHQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Originally Posted by musaafir
Assalaamu alaykum. Bro MSHQ. You mentioned in one of the previous posts for someone to try for the lecturer position. I was just wondering what is the salary expectation for someone with a master's degree from a western university and 7 years teaching after that (in IT) for the lecturer position? Do they have career progression (i.e. from lecturer to assistant professor) for people who start working there and during that time finish their phd? I am an ex-student of the Islamic university of madinah by the way. Looking forward to your reply.
Walaikum Assalam wa rahmatuallah,

nice to hear from an ex-student. What you have studied here?

MS with 7 years teaching experience may lead to about 11,000 SR per month. I would suggest to finish PhD first then apply for Assistant Professor. I do not know whether they have such promotions. I think moving from Lecturer to Assistant Professor might be complicated and time taking.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

musaafir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MSHQ
Walaikum Assalam wa rahmatuallah,

nice to hear from an ex-student. What you have studied here?

MS with 7 years teaching experience may lead to about 11,000 SR per month. I would suggest to finish PhD first then apply for Assistant Professor. I do not know whether they have such promotions. I think moving from Lecturer to Assistant Professor might be complicated and time taking.
I was there a long time ago when they only taught the Islamic subjects. I completed the two year Arabic course and then entered the college of sharee'ah, but then I left without pursuing it further. It was a life changing experience and a great blessing from Allah for me that I can never forget alhamdulillah.

Yes it would be good to finish my phd first but I'm thinking that because the colleges there are still new and so there are not as many applications now than there would be in one or two years from now.

Also if I apply as a phd without post phd teaching experience, then is there much difference to applying with a master's plus 7 years?

Are the housing allowances and other benefits the same for assistant professors and lecturers or do they differ?

Jazaaka Allaahu khayran
Old Jul 14th 2015, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

I was there a long time ago when they only taught the Islamic subjects. I completed the two year Arabic course and then entered the college of sharee'ah, but then I left without pursuing it further. It was a life changing experience and a great blessing from Allah for me that I can never forget alhamdulillah.

Yes it would be good to finish my phd first but I'm thinking that because the colleges there are still new and so there are not as many applications now than there would be in one or two years from now.

Also if I apply as a phd without post phd teaching experience, then is there much difference to applying with a master's plus 7 years?

Are the housing allowances and other benefits the same for assistant professors and lecturers or do they differ?

Jazaaka Allaahu khayran
Yes, there are numerous great peoples around the globe who were blessed to come and study there.

Yes, the colleges will expand over the years and there will be many faculty positions available. But it is not true that there are not many applicants now.

Yes, there is much difference. Without a PhD and 7 years your salary may be near to a fresh PhD Assistant Prof. but very soon you would be regret. The work load on lectures is much as compared with PhDs. May be many other benefits are almost same but still I would recommend to apply after PhD.

You can better decide when and for what position you want to apply. If you need my help then please do let me know.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

rehanridakhan is an unknown quantity at this point

MSHQ sir,

i have sent you a private message.

please do reply, whenever you find free time.

thank you.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 11:23 pm
Banned

kash1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bro MSHQ Waiting for reply
Old Jul 15th 2015, 6:55 am
Just Joined

musaafir is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, there are numerous great peoples around the globe who were blessed to come and study there.

Yes, the colleges will expand over the years and there will be many faculty positions available. But it is not true that there are not many applicants now.

Yes, there is much difference. Without a PhD and 7 years your salary may be near to a fresh PhD Assistant Prof. but very soon you would be regret. The work load on lectures is much as compared with PhDs. May be many other benefits are almost same but still I would recommend to apply after PhD.

You can better decide when and for what position you want to apply. If you need my help then please do let me know.

Thank you very much for your pertinent advice, brother. Yes, I think you are right, I would regret working as a lecturer knowing I could have had less hours as an assistant professor. So I shall complete my studies first, insha Allah, and will then apply, unless Allaah 'Azza wa Jal has other plans for me.

Eid mubaarak to you in advance, and may Allaah bless you.

ma`assalaam
Old Jul 15th 2015, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rehanridakhan
MSHQ sir,

i have sent you a private message.

please do reply, whenever you find free time.

thank you.
The email with which all of you are in touch will help you. He is our guy and works for all faculty affairs with HR. I would recommend not to embarrass them too much otherwise they might delay your documents further.
Old Jul 15th 2015, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kash1234
Bro MSHQ Waiting for reply
I think I have already answered your question in a recent post. Anyway work environment is best in my opinion in comparison with all my previous employments. I work with Faculty of Engineering. The knowledge of department is not important.
Old Jul 15th 2015, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Thank you very much for your pertinent advice, brother. Yes, I think you are right, I would regret working as a lecturer knowing I could have had less hours as an assistant professor. So I shall complete my studies first, insha Allah, and will then apply, unless Allaah 'Azza wa Jal has other plans for me.

Eid mubaarak to you in advance, and may Allaah bless you.

ma`assalaam
you are welcome. As you told that you are about to finish your PhD, so it would be wise to get your PhD first. By the way almost all of our Lecturers are desperately looking for PhD positions and they would quit their jobs as soon as they get it.

Eid greetings to you as well. Keep me in your prayers.
Ma asslam
Old Jul 16th 2015, 7:17 am
Just Joined

immi786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pakistani
Hello!
Dear Brother!
I gave my interview for Lecturer position (Mechanical Engineering department) in IUM. I got a Job offer. I accepted that offer. They forwarded my documents to HR for further process. I am from Pakistan. I want to know about how much time they will take to send me a Visa processing documents? When will the new semester start in IUM?
I am waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks!

Regards!

Dear Pakisani Brother,

I am also in same situation as u have. Did they contact you after you accepted the job offer or not?
Waiting for your reply ?

thanks
Old Jul 16th 2015, 7:25 am
Just Joined

immi786 is an unknown quantity at this point

you are welcome. As you told that you are about to finish your PhD, so it would be wise to get your PhD first. By the way almost all of our Lecturers are desperately looking for PhD positions and they would quit their jobs as soon as they get it.

Ma asslam
Dear Brother,

I have accepted the job offer as Lecturer in Computer Science department on June 14, 2015. After that there is a complete silence from recruitment committee. I am wondering whether they will contact me again ? i am in a very desperate situation. Please reply with updated information if you have.

Thanks and Regards
Old Jul 16th 2015, 7:49 am
Just Joined

shaf1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear MSHQ,
I could nt get lecturership with a PhD (elect. eng.from Swiss Fed. institute, ETH). I have no teaching exp. only industrial exp (~ 8 yrs).2 journal and many conf. publications etc ... Could the absense of teaching exp. explain the rejection ?
thanks for feedback
S

Ma asslam
Old Jul 16th 2015, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shaf1
Dear MSHQ,
I could nt get lecturership with a PhD (elect. eng.from Swiss Fed. institute, ETH). I have no teaching exp. only industrial exp (~ 8 yrs).2 journal and many conf. publications etc ... Could the absense of teaching exp. explain the rejection ?
thanks for feedback
S
was you invited for an interview? Apparently, I would guess that lack of teaching experience and might be your performance in interview could have lead to rejection, otherwise PhD from ETH is impressive. Better to get some teaching experience and apply again next year or so.
Old Jul 16th 2015, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by immi786
Dear Brother,

I have accepted the job offer as Lecturer in Computer Science department on June 14, 2015. After that there is a complete silence from recruitment committee. I am wondering whether they will contact me again ? i am in a very desperate situation. Please reply with updated information if you have.

Thanks and Regards
wait for few more weeks
Old Jul 16th 2015, 11:26 pm
Banned

kash1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I have already answered your question in a recent post. Anyway work environment is best in my opinion in comparison with all my previous employments. I work with Faculty of Engineering. The knowledge of department is not important.
thanks and eid mubarak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.