Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Old Aug 18th 2015, 5:37 pm
Banned

kash1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

It means that no hope for selected candidates as lecturer. If they are not issue visa this year then how it is possible that they could issue visa next year. Any reason behind this action?

I am sorry to inform you that according to my information, the Ministry of Labor has refused to issue any VISAS for Lecturer positions at Islamic University Madinah. Assistant Professor and higher are granted VISAS.

Faculty of Engg might announce these positions again next year or apply for VISAS again for selected candidates after some time.

regards[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 19th 2015, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Preference to local candidates. There are Saudis who are qualified in Engineering and related disciplines. Certainly at KFUPM there was a large number of very well-qualified Saudi lecturers in technical fields. Many had degrees and higher degrees from the US, Germany or Britain.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 10:47 am
Banned

It means that no hope for selected candidates as lecturer. If they are not issue visa this year then how it is possible that they could issue visa next year. Any reason behind this action?
Old Aug 20th 2015, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

syed123 is an unknown quantity at this point

what about the lab engineer visas..??
Old Aug 20th 2015, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

I got message from IUM Professor that they are not having lecturer visas quota, may be they may or may not call any lecturers....

If u people got any more info pls let me know.
thanks
Old Aug 20th 2015, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

I got message from IUM Professor that they are not having lecturer visas quota, may be they may or may not call any lecturers....

thanks
Old Aug 20th 2015, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Localisation or Saudi-isation is the name of the game now. Jobs that were previously seen as for foreigners are now being earmarked for locals.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 2:18 pm
Banned

Truth1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
Localisation or Saudi-isation is the name of the game now. Jobs that were previously seen as for foreigners are now being earmarked for locals.
While I think this would be really disheartening to some brothers who got selected, I do understand the ground reality. This is the fate we have to accept and perhaps, there is good in this for those brothers. Every country has its own issues that need to be solved. Time changes and demands change. Given the current situation in many other Arabic speaking countries, people are flooding in the relatively more stable countries in the Middle-East - often to keep their Arab culture or living way intact including their language. All do not go to Europe, for instance. I found some UAE universities/institutions are specifically mentioning with job announcement that the jobs (some) are only for GCC nationals. People usually tell that UAE offers the fairest treatment for all nationals but now, that is also restricted due to the evolving situation. It's not only the academics, many other general qualification people are also moving or trying to move. So, such kind of move is very much understandable.

Even the apparent best international environment in USA has real problem today. Many of the non-US nationals are no more entertained in many of the academic institutions. Apparently, the vacancy announcements look fair but the number of foreigner employments are still low - they have their own unemployment problem. Except someone is of extra-ordinary caliber or academic profile, USA is rarely taking him. I've got quite a large number who failed to get "any kind of job" in the US in the past year or in this year even after getting degrees from prestigious universities and then, they are knocking elsewhere. Usually, the Muslims would be knocking the door of Saudi Arabia or other stable countries in the Gulf. With at least an MS degree a huge number of them are trying. Considering all these issues, the "localisation" is well understood. Indeed, Saudi Arabia is not USA neither it is UK. They must have own candidates now as well. However, what I'd still expect is clear information for others who may be still unaware of the fact but are preparing for only this job.

Allah knows the best and He would soothe anybody's worry with a greater good, insha-Allah.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When working in KSA I was often struck by the number of "Muhajireen" of Pakistani nationality who were working there. Many of them were desperate to emigrate to Canada, Australia or New Zealand after a spell in KSA. Their families left British India in the 1940s to go and live in Jinnah's new Islamic Republic.

Now they will do anything to go and live in a non-Muslim country. Is there some problem with the "Ummah" ? It would appear so.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 4:18 pm
Banned

But if they can't arrange the visa for lecturers then why they offering the positions?
Originally Posted by syed123

thanks
Old Aug 20th 2015, 4:30 pm
Banned

Truth1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47
When working in KSA I was often struck by the number of "Muhajireen" of Pakistani nationality who were working there. Many of them were desperate to emigrate to Canada, Australia or New Zealand after a spell in KSA. Their families left British India in the 1940s to go and live in Jinnah's new Islamic Republic.

Now they will do anything to go and live in a non-Muslim country. Is there some problem with the "Ummah" ? It would appear so.
Yes, indeed. There is a clear problem with the "nationalism" - the form of it, which is not allowed in Islam. Islam permits nationalism as a form of distinction among human beings, races, tribes and so on .. so that they may know one another, not despise one another. Even in the existence of Kuffars (disbelievers), there is benefit as the differences could be easily understood between a true Muslim and a true disbeliever.

The nationalism that is based on those boundary lines that the British and those colonial rulers drew over sands or whatever, if given priority, the "Ummah" that is all over the globe without any geographical boundary, gets serious problem. Hence, when you mention like that and someone feels proud of his own country with a sense of deep nationalism with the hatred of other nationals in the Ummah, then there is clear problem in that. The term "Muslim country" is clearly problematic. Which of the Muslim countries have Shari'ah actively applied as the ruling law? Most of those are just "Muslim majority" countries at the best. The government, the laws, the penal code .. all are not what is based on the Shari'ah, often. If you take Saudi Arabia, if it is run by Shari'ah as should be in the correct form, that's the only one Muslim country then! In that case, those who come with "deep nationalism" or more pride in their own father of the nation or any other leader, or those who have the same issue within Saudi Arabia, would surely get problem in it or even anywhere. People run often to "non-Muslim-majority" (please see the term) countries because of the financial and lifestyle issues - not for Allah's cause. Many Muslims do not really want to have Shari'ah in their lives - have problem with knowledge and action. problem is indeed there and that's why working constantly and continuously with them is the thing one could do, if any welfare is envisioned. If Shari'ah is to be really maintained, each one capable, must have given proper amount of Zakat (compulsory charity) each year but we find corrupt Islam claimers who simply do things like any other non-Muslims. Hence, indeed there is a problem in the Ummah with this deep nationalism and for taking Islam partially. It's a complex human problem. Deep down the heart, there may be really racial hatred intact, even if one denies outwardly. Saudi Arabia, by its role, simply has to entertain huge number of nationals from all over the globe, whether they like it or not - because, Hajj would be there and always all people would flock to it. Of course, all won't be satisfied with things and if you put them in any other environment, they would still find problem in that - anywhere, may be less or more. This is not Jannah (paradise), this is earth. Only in Jannah, there is no problem with the Ummah where all Muslims will enter only. The problem's solution is every Ummah person should be satisfied with his own gains in any environment. If he finds problem, he needs to try for a better environment that he thinks would be better for him .. if he really gets another better one.

Last edited by Truth1; Aug 20th 2015 at 4:35 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kash1234
But if they can't arrange the visa for lecturers then why they offering the positions?
Even I don't understand ..? problem is not with the university its with ministry of labor, laws in Saudi Arabia changes frequently.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The university may want to hire you but the Ministry of Labour may prefer to see the work going to Saudi citizens. Different Departments have different priorities and different policies. Struggles between Ministries happen in Saudi Arabia just as they do in Islamabad or Whitehall !

Last edited by scot47; Aug 21st 2015 at 8:32 am.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 11:33 am
Banned

But one of my colligue just got job in jubail industrial college and he just join that college if they can arrange the visa then why not they can? At least they should clear us our status.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Maybe his written English is better than yours ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.