Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Old Mar 9th 2015, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

MSHQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Job discussion topic for Islamic University Madinah

Originally Posted by scot47
Why do so many of your co-religionists choose to come and live in work in "Dar Al Harb" ? Then complain about discrimination ?
I have never experienced any sort of discrimination anywhere so far. I have no complains about any country, rather, very good opinion about all of them. It was my choice to try different countries. Therefore, I am not in a position to comment why some people choose to work at some specific location and why they have complains.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of

Why do so many of your co-religionists choose to come and live in work in "Dar Al Harb" ? Then complain about discrimination ?
I am not sure what you mean by "Dar Al Harb" but I tell you something about discrimination and racism. I lived and worked in many different countries and with many people of different cultures and believes including American, European, Arabs, Asian and OZ. I can say discrimination exists everywhere but with different forms and degrees. Even in the heart of western Europe, which is considered to be most liberal, discrimination does exist. Sometimes it takes a while to feel it as it is hidden. Even within many societies you can find some sort of discrimination (i.e. north and south, city and village, dark and white, male and female, etc.)
Old Mar 12th 2015, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Dar Al Harb is the non-Islamic World, the world outside Dar es Salam. ie the Land of the Unbelievers !

Dar al-Harb (Arabic: دار الحرب "house of war"; also referred to as Dar al-Garb "house of the West" in later Ottoman sources; a person from "Dar al-Harb" is a "harbi" (Arabic:حربي). Dar al-Harb is a term classically referring to those countries where the Muslim law is not in force, in the matter of worship and the protection of the faithful and Dhimmis.

Dar al-Islam (Arabic: دار الإسلام‎ literally house/abode of Islam; or Dar as-Salam, house/abode of Peace; or Dar al-Tawhid, house/abode of monotheism) is a term used by Muslim scholars to refer to those countries where Muslims can practice their religion freely. It's the area of the world under the rule of Islam, literally, "the home of Islam" or "the home of submission." These are usually Islamic cultures wherein Muslims represent the majority of the population, and so the government promises them protection. Most Dar al-Islam areas are surrounded by other Islamic societies to ensure public protection.

Muslim scholars maintain and believe that the labeling of a country or place as being a part of Dar al-Islam revolves around the question of religious security. This means that if a Muslim practices Islam freely in his place of abode even though that place happens to be secular or un-Islamic, then he will be considered as living in the Dar al-Islam.

Dar al-Islam is also known and referred to as Dar al-Salam, or house/abode of Peace. The term appears in the Koran in 10.25 and 6.127 as a name of Paradise.

According to Abu Hanifa, considered to be the originator of the concept, the two requirements for a country to be part of Dar al-Islam are
1.Muslims must be able to enjoy peace and security with and within this country.
2.It has common frontiers with some Muslim countries.

Last edited by scot47; Mar 12th 2015 at 9:16 am.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

Salam Malaikum. It's great to hear that you have started your new academic life and are happy with your work at IUM. You can now stick to your 5-time prayer and 'hajj at Madinah' in the holy land every day.

Originally Posted by MSHQ
Yes, I have been able to get my visa and currently working in faculty for few weeks now. Apart from style of work of clerks, I am in general satisfied. Students are not poor and local staff at the department is very cooperative. If you need any information, then do let me know. I am very much thankful for members here to respond to my queries and their helpful comments.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wwinit
Salam Malaikum. It's great to hear that you have started your new academic life and are happy with your work at IUM. You can now stick to your 5-time prayer and 'hajj at Madinah' in the holy land every day.
Walaikum Salam dear wwinit and scot47 for your being here, moral support and educating me in advance about possible hurdles and style of work. Your advices and suggestions remained my guidelines in the process and disappointments stayed away from me for all these last 10 months.

I pray from Almighty Allah that all of you remain happy and prosperous here and in Hereafter.
Old Mar 14th 2015, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

King Cobra is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you feel about living and working in a place that excludes those of other faiths ? How would you react if these conditions were imposed on you ?
Scotty, you lived and worked in the Magic Kingdom (Saudi Arabia) for long years.
How did you felt about living and working in the same country that excludes other faiths? How did you react and how was your experience?
Old Mar 14th 2015, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

King Cobra is an unknown quantity at this point

Dar Al Harb is the non-Islamic World, the world outside Dar es Salam. ie the Land of the Unbelievers !
Well, Scotty, it seems you forgot to cite this from the source which you did not reference properly:

"The notions of "houses" or "divisions" of the world in Islam such as Dar al-Islam and Dar al-Harb does not appear in the Qur'an or the Hadith. Early Islamic jurists devised these terms to denote legal rulings for ongoing Islamic conquests almost a century after Muhammad. The very first use of the terms was in Iraq by Abu Hanifa and his disciples Abu Yusuf and Al-Shaybani. Among the Sunni in the Levant, Al-Awza'i was leading in this discipline and later Shafi'i.

Contemporary Islamic scholars have argued the inapplicability of this early philosophical division of the world, citing its lack of scriptural backing."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divisions_of_the_world_in_Islam

Last edited by King Cobra; Mar 14th 2015 at 9:25 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

For more than a thousand years we were separate - Christendom and Islam. Then in the space of two generations came about a huge mingling. Of course there are problems - created by lunatics on both sides.
Old Mar 19th 2015, 9:55 am
Just Joined

rafe is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear members,
I got one new email message from islamic university ,that they need confirmation for joining before augest 2015 . But, in last year they give salary package, other benefits , confirmation etc,,.... after that no follow up. Is there any hope now? or a fake mail???
Old Mar 19th 2015, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

wwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud ofwwinit has much to be proud of

Don't know exactly. It is possible that they could not find anybody to fill the post and turn back to you as a potential choice. This could happen with many Saudi universities, which are not that organised. To make sure it is a genuine one, just check the e-mail address whether it is the one you contacted last year, especially ending with "[email protected]". Good luck.
Old Mar 20th 2015, 3:33 am
Just Joined

rafe is an unknown quantity at this point

kk...sir...
I just copied recieved mail from [email protected]. This person (Hazim Aloufi) contacted last year

email----

first of all I need to confirm that you are willing to teach here in IUM Before August

this year.

I need some details from you:

1- what country you wish to receive the visa?

2-phone number.

3-Email.

4-passport number.

5-National ID.

6-Full name in English.

Regards
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of

As the email is gmail and not official university email address, I would not provide these information unless I am 100% sure about it. Ask the sender to send you an official letter and to contact you from the official email address of the university. Otherwise if you know the person give him a call to make sure he really sent you the email.

On the other hand, good luck with getting the KSA visa and making all arrangements before August.

Originally Posted by rafe
kk...sir...
I just copied recieved mail from [email protected]. This person (Hazim Aloufi) contacted last year

email----

first of all I need to confirm that you are willing to teach here in IUM Before August

this year.

2-phone number.

3-Email.

4-passport number.

5-National ID.

6-Full name in English.

Regards
Old Mar 29th 2015, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rafe
kk...sir...

email----

this year.

2-phone number.

3-Email.

4-passport number.

5-National ID.

6-Full name in English.

Regards
I know the person and email. he is genuine guy. So be confident and go ahead. If you need any further assistant, then do send PM to me.

regards,
Old Mar 29th 2015, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Official e-mail from the University should end in .iu.edu.sa

Not from a gmail address

http://www.iu.edu.sa/Pages/default.aspx

Last edited by scot47; Mar 29th 2015 at 11:19 am.
Old Mar 29th 2015, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

I did wait for MSHQ to answer rafe's query, as he is now working at IUM and knows best about the situation there. Unfortunately most university e-mail systems in Saudi Arabia are not that efficient, i.e., ups and downs all the time, so many HR officers and academic staff prefer to use personal e-mails, esp. hotmail or gmail, for both official and personal communications.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.