British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/job-abu-dhabi-investment-authority-638456/)

jmamartins Jan 24th 2021 6:30 pm

Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Any news on these recruitment processes?

Anyone in the process or has it all come to a stop? Any idea when they will be resumed?

Thnaks

JoeLeMoine Nov 23rd 2021 11:03 am

How do you normally get approached for a role at ADIA ?
Through posts I saw that it is generally via LinkedIn ? Any headhunting firm in general ?

dominoman Nov 23rd 2021 11:16 am

Generally it is via search firms. A small number of agents do most of the searches and they are paid well for it. If you have the right skills and are visible on LinkedIn they will find you.

But generally at the moment there is very very little hiring going on. More the opposite. The exception is for Quant roles. If you have deep Quant / AI / Finance analytics experience with top top Python skills then there are jobs available. You'll see them advertised by the Head of the Quant unit if you look on LinkedIn.

JoeLeMoine Nov 23rd 2021 11:27 am

Thanks for the quick reply

jmamartins Nov 24th 2021 9:43 am

You will probably approach (or be approached by) a foreign agency. And an international entity will conduct the assessments.

If are successful your process will be handed over to the locals and then... good luck from that point on.

In my case I would say that there are a few improvement opportunities to be implemented in their way of working, but maybe I wast just unlucky and it was COVID who turned the process into a complete random mess.

mejobs Dec 1st 2021 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Gardson (Post 12865926)
Does anyone know what a I2 level role is? All mentioned in this thread are P2,P3, P4, etc...

Hi Gardson - were you able to figure out what I2 level is?

dominoman Dec 1st 2021 5:43 am

I2 is the equivalent of P2, but for an investment department. The middle and back office (including Finance, Operations, HR etc) all use the P grades. The Investment professional (e.g. investment analyts, researchers, fund managers) use the I grades.

I2 is roughly equivalent to a team lead / junior manager, or a AVP in an investment bank. I3 would be a VP / Associate Director, and I4 a Director or MD.

mejobs Dec 3rd 2021 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by dominoman (Post 13077419)
I2 is the equivalent of P2, but for an investment department. The middle and back office (including Finance, Operations, HR etc) all use the P grades. The Investment professional (e.g. investment analyts, researchers, fund managers) use the I grades.

I2 is roughly equivalent to a team lead / junior manager, or a AVP in an investment bank. I3 would be a VP / Associate Director, and I4 a Director or MD.

Oh ok, would you happen to know the prevailing compensation for I2 grade?

h2rashid Jan 29th 2022 8:27 pm

I got an offer from ADG which is a sister high growth fund of ADQ. The position is of a senior associate. I`m currently an associate in investment banking in the US (Bay Area). Does it make sense for me to move? Is it a good career opportunity? Can someone shed some light on salary and benefits? Don`t want to get low balled or make the wrong move.

oklah Mar 27th 2022 7:17 am

dominoman and other users ... appreciate some insights on the P3/4 grades. Considering an offer for on of the smaller AD investment firms (not ADIA). Got an offer for a base in USD, no housing (at least they haven't broken down the use offer), kids schooling included, etc. My questions:
1) assuming one is a top performer, can you expect to progress from P3 to P4?
2) what is the difference between P3/4 incentives ... please help share.
3) base offer (again, they haven't split between any housing component for the base) they say is at the higher end of the P3 bucket, how else to negotiate? any tips would be helpful.
4) is there any government website/document about the grades and relative comp brackets, benefits? I did find something for Dubai, but can't find anything official equivalent for Abu Dhabi
Many thanks

dominoman Mar 28th 2022 8:00 am

Hi Oklah - I can't comment on other places, but generally yes you can progress from P3 to P4. I've seen plenty of promotions every year, for both expats and locals. Bear in mind that a P3 to P4 promotion will be much tougher than a P2 to P3 say, just as it would be anywhere else at the more senior grades.

In terms of negotiating, every place is different. Often, there is no room or appetite to negotiate at all. So bear in mind that negotiating may be seen as a sign that you don't want the role that much and it may be rescinded. If you are not happy with the offer then you have nothing to lose by trying. But if the offer is OK and you are just pushing for a bit more (as you would back home), then be aware of the very real risk that you'll just have the offer withdrawn.

I dont know of any government site giving grades and comp brackets. I'd be very surprised if one exists. Even within the company itself info on pay ranges would be something restricted to a low number of people in HR. It varies according to too many factors so any comparison would be meaningless...

sman987 Apr 4th 2022 9:15 am

Total comp (i.e, schooling, housing, basic, expat allowance, gratituty) at adia for a P3 on average is 1.5MM AED; its 2.0MM AED for a P4. At P3 expect a max basic of around 55K AED; bonus range of 30-50% ... at P4 its 85K.. bonus range of 40-60 or 60-90 dependent on what bonus plan you get on.. P4 and P3 roles do not have set bonus ranges.. from experience no other firm investment wise in Abu Dhabi will pay more.

AKWK Apr 8th 2022 5:43 pm

Being promoted from P3 to P4 as an expat at ADIA is extremely difficult. Unless you carry your boss' briefcase or change your passport to an Emirati one. Good luck

ajz90 May 26th 2022 3:19 pm

Hello everyone, I would like to tell you my experience about interview process at ADIA for P2 level role in IT department as Software developer. I got a call from recruitment agency in March 2022 and 1st interview with the head of the department was setup immediately. I cleared the round and next one was with the hiring manager (technical expert). I cleared this also and last round was technical coding assessment. There were simple coding questions along with some multiple choice questions. I solved all of them and submitted the assessment.
I get rejection next day with the reason that coding platform flagged one of my coding submission as copied from google. Let me tell you coding questions were not rocket science that a person with 11 years of work experience will google to solve them. I provided them with my explanation but they did not agree to it. so, ultimately I was out of the interview process.

I have only one suggestion to them. You listen to candidate's opinion before making any decision. Also, it was better if assessment test was 1st round of interview instead of last. Candidate spends so much time and energy just to receive rejection at the end.

psychopomp1 May 26th 2022 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by ajz90 (Post 13117826)
Hello everyone, I would like to tell you my experience about interview process at ADIA for P2 level role in IT department as Software developer. I got a call from recruitment agency in March 2022 and 1st interview with the head of the department was setup immediately. I cleared the round and next one was with the hiring manager (technical expert). I cleared this also and last round was technical coding assessment. There were simple coding questions along with some multiple choice questions. I solved all of them and submitted the assessment.
I get rejection next day with the reason that coding platform flagged one of my coding submission as copied from google. Let me tell you coding questions were not rocket science that a person with 11 years of work experience will google to solve them. I provided them with my explanation but they did not agree to it. so, ultimately I was out of the interview process.

I have only one suggestion to them. You listen to candidate's opinion before making any decision. Also, it was better if assessment test was 1st round of interview instead of last. Candidate spends so much time and energy just to receive rejection at the end.

https://i.postimg.cc/3r1h411m/rolling-eyes.gif