Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Nov 27th 2019, 4:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by Nerodvd
Hi Abhishek
what happened next? Did you hear back after assessment?
The person you've asked hasn't been on the forum for well over a year, their post is really old so they're not likely to see your post just FYI.
Old Jun 1st 2020, 7:06 am
Just Joined

Gardson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dominoman
Well I have just accepted the job in Abu Dhabi! They didn't increase the offer, but I like the job and it is still a good wage, even if lower base & bonus than now.

Now I need to turn down my UK offer. It will be a hard conversation as I know they are really keen and were waiting for me to start.
I've been reading this thread for a few days and thanks for you open and honest. Hope you are doing well in ADIA.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

uk_expat is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any recruitment happening in ADIA ?

Old Jun 6th 2020, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

jmamartins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Can anyone share thoughts about the difficulty of the Korn Ferry (KF) actual tests (math, verbal, Ravens, PDI) when compared to those available in practice websites (such as jobtestprep.co.uk)?

I was told that on the actual test you can not use a calculator but when practicing some of the tests it seems impossible to mentally compute a ratio of weighted averages where the data is dispersed on a table, in less than 60 seconds. To make things worse, I was informed that they demand a response ration of at least 70% of correct answers.

In terms of test location, are they performed in your local KF office or do you have to travel somewhere?

Thanks to whoever can send some help to a applicant feeling quite dumb at the moment.
Old Jun 12th 2020, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone know what a I2 level role is? All mentioned in this thread are P2,P3, P4, etc...
Old Jun 29th 2020, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jmamartins
Hello all,

Can anyone share thoughts about the difficulty of the Korn Ferry (KF) actual tests (math, verbal, Ravens, PDI) when compared to those available in practice websites (such as jobtestprep.co.uk)?

I was told that on the actual test you can not use a calculator but when practicing some of the tests it seems impossible to mentally compute a ratio of weighted averages where the data is dispersed on a table, in less than 60 seconds. To make things worse, I was informed that they demand a response ration of at least 70% of correct answers.

In terms of test location, are they performed in your local KF office or do you have to travel somewhere?

Thanks to whoever can send some help to a applicant feeling quite dumb at the moment.
I have not heard about 70% threshold. Have you done the test? How did it go?
Old Jun 30th 2020, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

I did the tests and some went better than others.

Now I have scheduled the business simulation (it is a case about Vantage Investors) and afterwards probably a psychologist interview. I believe that they only give feedback in the end when they have the complete package of information.

Can anyone share some thoughts regarding this business simulation scenario and what will it be about?
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Daifoku is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if the corporate FP&A is still in progress? I finish the whole process and received feedback from Korn Ferry, nevertheless I have been waiting to hear from ADIA. Do you know if ADIA will contact even if it's for a NO?

Do you know which level is that position?

Thank you!!

Last edited by Daifoku; Jul 3rd 2020 at 1:27 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Daifoku
Does anyone know if the corporate FP&A is still in progress? I finish the whole process and received feedback from Korn Ferry, nevertheless I have been waiting to hear from ADIA. Do you know if ADIA will contact even if it's for a NO?

Do you know which level is that position?

Thank you!!
I have my scenario discussion and psychologist interview scheduled for the next weeks so I not as far in the process as you are.

What position are you applying for?

If you have completed the process, can you share some thoughts on the scenario/simulation discussion session (I got one about Vantage Investors where the part will be a recently appointed person)? I am particularly interested to know what type of situation was it about (peer conflict, a conflict between organizational areas, a need to come up with a solution to a problem) and what was expected from you.

Thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2020, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Hey, sure!

I applied to a corporate FP&A analyst.

The final interview was the vintage case at Korn ferry. They set up like 2.5hr interview, the firtñst hour is with a interviewer lots of specific questions regarding your experience and how you act according to the situation. The impact you generate in previous roles, etc. Then after this hour they screen share a PDF with a vintage situation you read it an prepare in 15min, then a person join the call and start the live case according to the lecture. Then they gave you another PDF to be prepare in another 15min and again someone else join and for 15min discuss. Then after 1 week they gave you feedback and tell you to be patient that adia will contact you. They finish the process there.

Hope this help.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks. Great information.

I wish you the best of luck and sure hope you succeed in the process. I would not worry too much about the time it is taking, as some people here in the forum have already commented that it is usually a lengthy process and one cannot expect it to be faster in a COVID situation as the world is going by.

Interested in the details about the role you played (what was your job title?), the atmosphere (the situations were played in a collaboration/cooperation environment or was it a conflict scenario), and the type of situations you had to face (conflict with a peer from the same area? conflict with a peer from a different area? conflict with you manager? conflict with a manager from a different area? need to work together in a conjoint project?).

Last but not least, what were your impressions about the process?

Old Jul 4th 2020, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Just be yourself. If the role is yours, it's yours. I think enough details were already shared here, to know more is like cheating, no?
Old Jul 4th 2020, 11:26 am
Just Joined

No, I don't think so.

Knowing the situations won't ultimately get to the key aspects of getting this or any other job: your technical skills and your behavior. It would be quite foolish to think that by exchanging some messages in a forum and getting general notions you would be in a condition to cheat professional people that do assessments as their day-to-day job.

Anyway, in my point of view is called being prepared, but I respect your opinion and we can agree do disagree.
Old Jul 4th 2020, 11:51 am
Just Joined

If you respect my opinion, you would not say the word "foolish". I think you focus too much on half of my message, i did say "Just be yourself", right? I do not expect to hear "Thank you" from you, but "You are welcome".
Old Jul 5th 2020, 2:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jmamartins
Thanks. Great information.

I wish you the best of luck and sure hope you succeed in the process. I would not worry too much about the time it is taking, as some people here in the forum have already commented that it is usually a lengthy process and one cannot expect it to be faster in a COVID situation as the world is going by.

Interested in the details about the role you played (what was your job title?), the atmosphere (the situations were played in a collaboration/cooperation environment or was it a conflict scenario), and the type of situations you had to face (conflict with a peer from the same area? conflict with a peer from a different area? conflict with you manager? conflict with a manager from a different area? need to work together in a conjoint project?).

Last but not least, what were your impressions about the process?
Thank you, it was like you said vantage investors, you have to read like a 7 page PDF with a situation one for human resources situation and other for a survey they place in the organization and how to improve according to the results.

Si in few minutes they will ask you things according to your responses to the case and they challenge you.

My suggestion is not to jump into conclusions.

But in fact for me it was more challenging the inverviews with ADIA and in my perspective the post important ones. Nevertheless you have to do you best always because Korn Kerry conclusions are also taken into consideration. Seems to be they sent a whole strong profile according to the test and the last life case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.