British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/job-abu-dhabi-investment-authority-638456/)

Mrcouva1977 Dec 28th 2017 8:19 pm

Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by dg2u (Post 12376618)
Finished onsite interviews yesterday. As mentioned by others, it was a well organised trip with lots of interviews over 2 days. Met quite a few people from the team I'm recruiting for as well as people from other verticals and teams.

Interviews were mostly around fit, domain/macro knowledge and a few pointed technical questions as well. The schedule changed a few times over the course of 2 days, but i goes thats normal. On day 1, had a dinner scheduled post the interviews as well.

Overall a fun and intense process. Now the wait to hear back on their decision. Any thoughts on how long this could take??

Have you heard from them??

ShirleyG102 Dec 28th 2017 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12405391)
You'd be better off asking this in a new thread in the main forum so that those who can help are more likely to see it - it will be missed by most tagged on to a thread about jobs.

HTH.

Thank you!! Will do.

Kehinde Peter Dec 30th 2017 8:54 pm

Hello, am kehinde Peter, from Nigeria, I got no other choice than to send this message, am a young graduate from Nigeria university (university of Ibadan), I graduated this year in hoping of getting something better to do after graduation, my senior brother also graduated in the same university with B.ed, M,sc, PhD without no job at hand, which both of us have been striving to get a job for awhile, I studied ( Library, archival and information science) While my brother studied (special education). Am writing this message hoping God can use you for connecting me out there to get a job either for me or my brother. Please anything you can do to help. Thank may God bless you as you reply. +2347033221004

swan123 Jan 5th 2018 4:43 am

Hi everyone,

I finished KF assessment in Nov 17 and haven't heard anything from ADIA . The agency says my performance was good but even they havent heard anything concrete from ADIA. Is this because of the holiday seasons ? Has anyone been invited to AD visit recently ? Anyone facing or faced such delays ?

Thanks

Mrcouva1977 Jan 5th 2018 7:38 am

Originally Posted by swan123 (Post 12411382)
Hi everyone,

I finished KF assessment in Nov 17 and haven't heard anything from ADIA . The agency says my performance was good but even they havent heard anything concrete from ADIA. Is this because of the holiday seasons ? Has anyone been invited to AD visit recently ? Anyone facing or faced such delays ?

Thanks

Hello swan123

Im in the exact situation. I did the assessment got a good review and haven't heard anything after that.

swan123 Jan 6th 2018 6:57 pm

Oh.. Anyone else facing or faced such similar situation before.? Is it ther way of saying one is not selected to the next round ie AD trip ..?. Insights would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Mo28 Feb 8th 2018 3:01 pm

Hello,

I am new here, went through the posts and thanks all for your messages. This is very helpful.
I am in the same situation passed the KF tests and still did not hear from them. Any news from your side?
Thanks
Cho28

Mrcouva1977 Feb 8th 2018 4:40 pm

Hello Cho28,

Still no word from anyone on my end. Im just as lost. Its been 3 months since i did the assessment.
When was your assessment?

Mo28 Feb 8th 2018 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Mrcouva1977 (Post 12437804)
Hello Cho28,

Still no word from anyone on my end. Im just as lost. Its been 3 months since i did the assessment.
When was your assessment?

Hello, it was on december and had my feedback early January. It's for a position within real estate department. What about you?

Mrcouva1977 Feb 8th 2018 5:02 pm

Hello My assessment was in end of october got feedback early november, and nothing after that. It was for a position in security.

swan123 Feb 19th 2018 11:30 am

Hi. Anyone seeing any progress on the interview or hiring process.? Is there any hiring freeze of some kind at ADIA?

Mo28 Feb 19th 2018 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by swan123 (Post 12445572)
Hi. Anyone seeing any progress on the interview or hiring process.? Is there any hiring freeze of some kind at ADIA?

Hi Swan123, no news from my side either!

essan Feb 21st 2018 10:01 pm

Hi everyone,

Has one of you already been in a process with Mubadala for private equity? I'm wondering if I have to expect psychometric tests (verbal, numerical, logical) like Talent Q for Adia.

Thanks for your help!

Essan

joey97 Feb 23rd 2018 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mo28 (Post 12437809)
Hello, it was on december and had my feedback early January. It's for a position within real estate department. What about you?

If I may ask, what role in real estate? I started discussions with them for a research role in November which has all of the sudden started up again. I didn't know if they went quiet because of the holidays or because I was out. But, now they are asking me to sit for the assessment next week though they are warning me that it still may be several months before any decision is made.

Mrcouva1977 Feb 24th 2018 1:33 pm

hello essan
if you have to do the Korn Ferry assessment it would be a combination of all areas. you would have to do a few simulations, then some visual and spatial tests and a basic numerical test.

hope this helps