British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/job-abu-dhabi-investment-authority-638456/)

Millhouse Nov 8th 2010 10:51 am

Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by Pacific1 (Post 8968622)
Wanted to understand what the 3 hour psychometric test involves. Believe this is a tough process. Any thoughts/advise.

They nail your testicles to the desk and ask you to prepare a presentation on some financial statements that they have just given you.

Bahtatboy Nov 8th 2010 11:33 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8968637)
They nail your testicles to the desk and ask you to prepare a presentation on some financial statements that they have just given you.

That sounds roughly like what I went through last week in Vienna, except that they nailed my presentation to the desk and got me to talk bollocks.

Millhouse Nov 8th 2010 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8968678)
That sounds roughly like what I went through last week in Vienna, except that they nailed my presentation to the desk and got me to talk bollocks.

I'm sure that you succeeded with the latter!

brucebanner Dec 5th 2010 8:43 pm

Hi, I work in the financial services sector building software for investment banks (front-office stuff), so I'm very interested in this thread. Could you please post an update :).

How did you go about applying for this job?
What do programmers get payed in banks there?

FIEVEL Jan 18th 2011 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by brucebanner (Post 9022886)
Hi, I work in the financial services sector building software for investment banks (front-office stuff), so I'm very interested in this thread. Could you please post an update :).

How did you go about applying for this job?
What do programmers get payed in banks there?

Out of curiosity, what are holidays like at ADIA? Been speaking to another of the SWFs in the region and was astonished (especially compared to the USA).

Millhouse Jan 18th 2011 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by FIEVEL (Post 9110535)
Out of curiosity, what are holidays like at ADIA? Been speaking to another of the SWFs in the region and was astonished (especially compared to the USA).

We used to go to RAK, Dubai, Wild Waddi etc. Pretty good all in.

I used to get 35 business days (note some places include weekends which is just rubbish). Although in my view if you can take 35 days off a year (1.5 months) then you are not needed.

al dente Jan 27th 2011 7:39 am

Originally Posted by FIEVEL (Post 9110535)

30 days though if you go over a w/e they include that too.

stxmld Mar 13th 2011 12:38 pm

I can reliably state that the standard allocation now is 30 days annually, with only weekdays counted as holiday. There are also various public and religious holidays - sometimes these can be worked and the time rolled into additional vacation time (but this depends on job function/department).

FIEVEL Mar 13th 2011 9:24 pm

65 at Mubadala manager level and above. 50 at associate. Declined to work there for some of the reasons cited by EmiratesMillhouse..

al dente Mar 16th 2011 5:36 am

[QUOTE=FIEVEL;9237477]65 at Mubadala manager level and above. 50 at associate. QUOTE]

Days holiday a year? Think i may be missing a context here.

commander Mar 16th 2011 5:08 pm

[QUOTE=al dente;9242968]

Originally Posted by FIEVEL (Post 9237477)
65 at Mubadala manager level and above. 50 at associate. QUOTE]

Days holiday a year? Think i may be missing a context here.

my mate works for them and that sounds about right

al dente Mar 17th 2011 7:31 am

[QUOTE=commander;9244255]

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 9242968)

my mate works for them and that sounds about right

5 days a working week so 13 weeks out of 52? We have 2 neighbours that are senior at Mubadala and they are here with the rest of us not away a quarter of the year.

commander Mar 17th 2011 9:53 am

[QUOTE=al dente;9245491]

Originally Posted by commander (Post 9244255)

5 days a working week so 13 weeks out of 52? We have 2 neighbours that are senior at Mubadala and they are here with the rest of us not away a quarter of the year.

ok, im seeing him tonight and i will ask. PS i bet my mate is more senior that your senior friends:D

weescot Mar 17th 2011 11:23 am

I love these AD sytle "my package is bigger than yours" threads....

Blue Cat Mar 17th 2011 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 9245815)
I love these AD sytle "my package is bigger than yours" threads....

I think Commander has the biggest package (allegedly) :rofl: