Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old May 24th 2017, 5:02 am
Just Joined

s.1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

I had my last interviews 2 days back there was 4 interviews with the Heads all of them were senior.

now its between me and another candidate. when should I expect to hear back the result (positive or negative)?
Old May 24th 2017, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s.1988
I had my last interviews 2 days back there was 4 interviews with the Heads all of them were senior.

now its between me and another candidate. when should I expect to hear back the result (positive or negative)?
Sorry to point this out but you need to work on your grammar. They will expect better than that.
Old May 24th 2017, 10:13 am
JSB
Just Joined

JSB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dominoman
Sorry to point this out but you need to work on your grammar. They will expect better than that.
I hear that they have frozen hiring.....no approvals going through....

Anyone else hearing that?
Old May 24th 2017, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JSB
I hear that they have frozen hiring.....no approvals going through....

Anyone else hearing that?
No. I know of several approved in the last month. The rate of new joiners seems more or less constant (5-15 per month) since I joined.
Old May 24th 2017, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

bchong1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah that would be news to me. I am on the final round. What roles are you in / interviewing for right now?
Old May 25th 2017, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

How long did you have to wait between your Korn Ferry interview and finding out whether you made it to the AD trip? I took my KF interview on Friday and they just let me know they want to set up a meeting next week to talk through it. Is this good or bad that it was a quick response?
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Rocky489 is an unknown quantity at this point

New to the website but learned a lot by catching up on this thread.

I'm in the process for an Investment Manager (I2 or P2 grade?) role in the RE/Infra group and am heading over to AD in a few weeks for final rounds. Can you shed light on the following?

1) Does the final round for investment roles always include a case study?
2) What range of all-in cash (£) compensation can I expect? Please exclude the housing and education credits --- I can add that myself based on my situation and what I've read in this thread. Recruiting agency quoted a big salary/bonus during our first conversation but has been very vague since.
3) I have a fiancee but we are not married yet...do you think they will make an exception to allow her to come for the final round visit? We would be married before we move.

Danke!
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Rocky are you going for a job within the Europe team? I'm currently interviewing for a job within the Americas team and my trip to AD is in August.

Would be good to know what the AD interview process is like once you've completed It.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 1:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bchong1989
Rocky are you going for a job within the Europe team? I'm currently interviewing for a job within the Americas team and my trip to AD is in August.

Would be good to know what the AD interview process is like once you've completed It.
Yes EMEA team on RE/Infra team but I have more EU RE experience. I'm expecting to visit in late July so will let you know.

Any answers to my questions?
Old Jun 4th 2017, 1:42 am
Just Joined

Sweet man good luck. Just out of curiously what your background now? Will the job be more infrastructure or RE?
Old Jun 4th 2017, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rocky489
New to the website but learned a lot by catching up on this thread.

I'm in the process for an Investment Manager (I2 or P2 grade?) role in the RE/Infra group and am heading over to AD in a few weeks for final rounds. Can you shed light on the following?

1) Does the final round for investment roles always include a case study?
2) What range of all-in cash (£) compensation can I expect? Please exclude the housing and education credits --- I can add that myself based on my situation and what I've read in this thread. Recruiting agency quoted a big salary/bonus during our first conversation but has been very vague since.
3) I have a fiancee but we are not married yet...do you think they will make an exception to allow her to come for the final round visit? We would be married before we move.

Danke!
1) My final round was just a series of face to face interviews. It wasn't an investment role, so perhaps those are different. I hadn't heard of case studies in the final round
2) My recruiting agent quoted a very large number too. The reality was much less impressive. It varies hugely. There are people here who have told me their take home pay (ie after tax) is several times what it was at home. For others, me included, it is not much different from the UK. Who knows how they figure it out. In the end I guess they will pay what they have to to get you.
3) Almost certainly no. You could ask. But I'd be 99.99% sure the answer is that they would not pay for an unmarried partner to accompany you. And even if they did you'd technically be breaking the law if you shared a room

Good luck!
Old Jun 4th 2017, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dominoman
1) My final round was just a series of face to face interviews. It wasn't an investment role, so perhaps those are different. I hadn't heard of case studies in the final round
2) My recruiting agent quoted a very large number too. The reality was much less impressive. It varies hugely. There are people here who have told me their take home pay (ie after tax) is several times what it was at home. For others, me included, it is not much different from the UK. Who knows how they figure it out. In the end I guess they will pay what they have to to get you.
3) Almost certainly no. You could ask. But I'd be 99.99% sure the answer is that they would not pay for an unmarried partner to accompany you. And even if they did you'd technically be breaking the law if you shared a room

Good luck!
They (well the smaller sister) paid for my unmarried partner (and baby) for the looksie. We were all flown business.

That was the '08 hayday though.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Dominoman / Millhouse / Others -- Were there any positive or negative surprises after you started? i.e. you were told or expected one thing during interviews and reality was something different?

So far the message has been consistent from everyone I've spoken to but it's hard to really know until you are actually there...
Old Jun 5th 2017, 1:05 am
Just Joined

yorihisa19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bchong1989

Hey Bchong1989, what role are you currently in process with for the Americas team? I have heard that they have been trying to hire people as there have been some turnovers...
Old Jun 5th 2017, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Senior Associate / Associate role. I had heard they are trying to hire 1-2 of each. Any idea on why the turnover? I assume there would be some every 1-2 years for people who would like to head back to the US.

Last edited by bchong1989; Jun 5th 2017 at 3:27 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.