Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Feb 20th 2017, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Saudi is interesting.

The world really can't afford Saudi to go belly up due to the oil.

But the low oil is badly hurting Saudi and if not corrected could lead to large scale dissent.

What to do?

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You've not lived in the gulf yet !

The new equilibrium will look nothing like the one before. Especially KSA which is the bellwether for the region.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

lethalpandora is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if you the get the assessment results first from Korn Ferry or does ADIA tell you if you move on and then you get the feedback from Korn Ferry
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Korn Ferry will give you feedback (quite detailed feedback, lasting 30 mins or so) but won't give you the actual results.

Korn Ferry also can't tell you whether it will get you to next stage of course, because ADIA decides that. But the feedback will give you an indication.

At the next ADIA interview, if you get that far, each of the interviewers will have a copy of the sheet in front of them with your exact results score on it, so just ask them if you're interested. I did.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

ShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to allShirleyG102 is a name known to all

Interesting! For my Korn Ferry assessment, I had a feedback call with KF the following week, and they told me the exact strengths and development points they noted. They also said (as did my hiring manager) that the KF assessment will not make a break the decision, and the assessment is more to understand what you will be like in your day to day work once you join - so unless you majorly screw up it's just a formality rather than anything else.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 7:08 am
Just Joined

mjskp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I am waiting for confirmation if I will be progressing to the next stage or not, do you know how long is the wait normally between Kon Ferry feedback and decision from ADIA to fly the candidate to Abu Dhabi. KF feedback was above average for all three areas and feedback from the recruiter is positive so far. Its almost three weeks since I had a call with KF.

Thx
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mjskp
Hi All,

I am waiting for confirmation if I will be progressing to the next stage or not, do you know how long is the wait normally between Kon Ferry feedback and decision from ADIA to fly the candidate to Abu Dhabi. KF feedback was above average for all three areas and feedback from the recruiter is positive so far. Its almost three weeks since I had a call with KF.

Thx
what position did you apply for? I am still waiting for may KF debrief.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lethalpandora
what position did you apply for? I am still waiting for may KF debrief.
Hi, my role is in back office. What about you? How was your experience with KF? Did you find it difficult
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mjskp
Hi, my role is in back office. What about you? How was your experience with KF? Did you find it difficult
I had done similar assessments for other organizations in the past. As usual it is time pressured but not overly difficult. I am shooting for a middle office type role.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

I had done similar assessments for other organizations in the past. As usual it is time pressured but not overly difficult. I am shooting for a middle office type role.

Alright good luck. Keep us posted please.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Have you had any update? It's been over 4 weeks for me and there is absolute silence!
Old Mar 14th 2017, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

yes just got it. Above average results in Verbal, Math and abstract reasoning. On the case i did a great job of the analytical assessment, and came up with practical solutions, but that i did not draw in the participants enough to silicate their opinions even though i gave plenty of opportunity for them to do so. Got a call from the recruiter yesterday who said that they were not moving forward. I believe this is due to the fact that in my current role i am part of the the management team and head of my group so i am used to making decisions. ADIA is run by committee hence strong personalities or drive will not work well depending on the the group.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

In essence the other three tests do no really matter all that much what counts is the case and how you are perceived by the assessors and thats it. Not all that upset about it, it would have been great for the money and lifestyle but a step down in position. Good luck to all those who are in the process.
Old Mar 16th 2017, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Well at least you have heard back from your recruiter. I have been waiting for few weeks now, I may end up moving internally with my current employer.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

My husband interviewed in Abu Dhabi at the begnning of November and didn't get an offer until 2nd January. My advice is keep living your life and then if the offer comes, and you want to take it, then go for it.
Old May 4th 2017, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

s.1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dominoman
I don't know if it's the same for everyone but my contract provides me with the difference in cash if I use less than the maximum housing allowance.

ADIA pays the utility bills so long as you are in their accommodation. You could just take the whole allowance in cash and arrange your own accommodation, but then you'd be responsible for your own water & leccy bills.

I am currently applying for ADIA and will have my 3rd interview with the deputy director of HR. any tips? my recruiter told me its only me and someone else now so I don't know whom will make it!

position is p2 so can you provide advice on the expected package details? and whether the housing is paid or is it "use it or loose it"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.