Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Jan 30th 2016, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

kat123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Thanks! All very helpful information, just have to confirm when we will be flying over, hopefully soon as work is getting very busy!

I don't have enough posts to PM you yet but I may do nearer to the interviews if you don't mind

I hope it is not too difficult for you to decide to take the offer or not, I have visited AD several times and have friends there, it is a great city :-)
Old Jan 31st 2016, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Terence123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kat123
Hello all,

On the Korn Ferry testing itself it went well and as has been said before just be yourself. I scored high on Verbal (exceptional) and numerical (above average) but just below average on my conceptual so don't let one bad mark put you off, however the recruiter has advised that currently only 33% are passing the tests. If you have any questions on the testing let me know!
Hi kat123,

Thanks for all the info you have shared so far, it has been really helpful. I have the Korn Ferry testing coming up in a week's time. Could you tell me how the numerical portion of the testing is structured, such as the type of questions (ratios, exact calculations etc)? Struggling to prepare for this, and knowing what to expect would help me a lot.

Thanks!
Old Jan 31st 2016, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi Terence123

I was actually told before the testing day that I would not have to do the numerical test so I did not do any prep for numerical testing, so it was a bit of surprise to have to do it but it also shows that prep sometimes does not help. From what I remember there was a mixture of ratios, calculations and forward/backward looking type questions on a table of information if this makes sense! There were several questions where the answer was not possible due to lack of information so don't feel like you have to give an answer for every question. Sorry I could not be more help but as I said it was a surprise! But I did find it very difficult to find sample tests to do before the day in all testing areas. I think a big thing that helped me for the verbal and numerical was not to make assumptions on the answer and only use the information available to you.

Also it is good to think of some examples of innovation for your interview.

If you have any other questions just let me know.
Old Jan 31st 2016, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Terence123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kat123
Hi Terence123

I was actually told before the testing day that I would not have to do the numerical test so I did not do any prep for numerical testing, so it was a bit of surprise to have to do it but it also shows that prep sometimes does not help. From what I remember there was a mixture of ratios, calculations and forward/backward looking type questions on a table of information if this makes sense! There were several questions where the answer was not possible due to lack of information so don't feel like you have to give an answer for every question. Sorry I could not be more help but as I said it was a surprise! But I did find it very difficult to find sample tests to do before the day in all testing areas. I think a big thing that helped me for the verbal and numerical was not to make assumptions on the answer and only use the information available to you.

Also it is good to think of some examples of innovation for your interview.

If you have any other questions just let me know.
Thanks, I think I can use those pointers to at least practice a little bit before I head out. In terms of examples of innovation, should these be work-related, or can you give general examples from the world?

Thank you once again
Old Jan 31st 2016, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Terence123
Thanks, I think I can use those pointers to at least practice a little bit before I head out. In terms of examples of innovation, should these be work-related, or can you give general examples from the world?

Thank you once again
Hi, I would think that examples of innovation in the working environment would would be more appropriate as this is one of ADIA's values. But one or two general ones may also help. But keep in mind the testing may be run slightly differently depending on the role and the level of seniority.

However, on the day the interviewer did advise that if he already had the answers in the questionnaire completed before the testing day he would not ask me certain questions, on my day the co-ordinator advised he already had most of the info he required from my questionnaire so I believe my interview was not exceptionally in-depth.

Don't worry about focusing on one area because they really do a full remit of testing even when you do not know they are testing you! Being yourself is the most important thing as they really do pick up on your true personality regardless!! I know it has been said before but just relax, it is an interesting day and it really was not as bad as I thought it would be!
Old Feb 8th 2016, 7:26 am
Just Joined

wurzellator is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know what the form is if a spouse doesn't want to come out full time? My sense is that the whole family has to be there the whole time, other than if kids are boarding. Or what would happen if spouse came out and decided they wanted to go back - is it possible to keep the job in that situation?
Old Feb 8th 2016, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wurzellator
Does anyone know what the form is if a spouse doesn't want to come out full time? My sense is that the whole family has to be there the whole time, other than if kids are boarding. Or what would happen if spouse came out and decided they wanted to go back - is it possible to keep the job in that situation?
That's fine but you need to work out which visas they would travel on? Also, does that expose you to tax liability?
Old Feb 8th 2016, 10:57 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
That's fine but you need to work out which visas they would travel on? Also, does that expose you to tax liability?
Am in Dubay and wife in UK. We visit roughly every 6 weeks. She comes in on a tourist visa. I limit my visits to UK so no tax.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 11:00 am
Just Joined

No I don't think any tax issue as spouse not working, my tax residence would clearly be AD. Not sure the visas matter - they would only be over for 30 days max at a time? My impression was that everyone had to move out full time but with the amount of holiday plus them staying with me in holidays I think it would work fine - just not sure ADIA would see it that way!
Old Feb 8th 2016, 11:24 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

No I don't think any tax issue as spouse not working,
Not relevant to your tax situation, you are each taxed seperately.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Agreed, and thanks for that. I think the issue is just whether ADIA would accept it or not.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

Agreed, and thanks for that. I think the issue is just whether ADIA would accept it or not.
Accept that they do not have to pay for your wife's visa and medical insurance? Tricky one.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 6:10 am
Just Joined

AD herewecome is an unknown quantity at this point

I know of people in ADIA whose spouse does not stay in Abu Dhabi,but if the spouse intends to visit regularly,then probably better to obtain a resident visa along with the working spouse - this would entitle both spouses to annual return flights to point of origin,plus Medical Insurance ( often much better than the original country) plus help in more practical assitance in terms of getting through immigration much quicker when entering the UAE ( can be a major issue in terms of delays)
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Lynden1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I have just completed my assessment day and I am keen to find out how long it has taken others to find out if you reached the next stage and what that next stage of was (visit to ADIA or teleconference interview).
Old Mar 10th 2016, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

sldk is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Hi,
I have read through most of the pages (phew), but haven't seen anything around the security clearance. My husband has been approached for a job at ADIA...I'm worried because many years ago I declared bankruptcy in the US. Will this kind of thing have any impact on his chances?

Thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.