Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Nov 25th 2015, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

yooj00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Does anyone know which agency ADIA tends to utilize for recruiting within the UK.. Is it Michael Evans or Marcus Page?

thanks
Old Nov 28th 2015, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Airwave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yooj00
Does anyone know which agency ADIA tends to utilize for recruiting within the UK.. Is it Michael Evans or Marcus Page? thanks
It varies and depends on the department. ADIA doesn't have a one stop shop strategy... Although, there exists a Michael Page.
Old Nov 29th 2015, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Personally i think this post describes all ADIA (and investment roles) - I think for every 1 year i have spent here i have digressed (work/opportuntiy wise) 2 years than if i was in London or NY. If i had to make this decision again i would come to the ME during my twilight years to retire away..
I would almost wholly agree. That said, I think it's a case of it depends. If you are working for a truly multinational employer, then it is brilliant. If you are working for a local or regional player - forget it.
Old Dec 21st 2015, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

AD herewecome is an unknown quantity at this point

So with 45 pages dedicated to ADIA i see that this is constantly a hot topic in Abu Dhabi !!
I have just been notified that I will be invited to attend a psych test for ADIA in the New Year and after reading the thread i see that like me,many people had concerns
So,I do intend to practice some tests from online websites but it does see that there are many different levels of difficulty - so as its been many years since I did any mental arithmatic,what level of difficulty can i expect ? Can anyone recommend any specific ares which I should revise or websites that I should check out ?
Thanks guys.....and seasons greetings
Old Dec 21st 2015, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

kafelnikoff is an unknown quantity at this point

I suspect that level of difficulty and acceptance threshold might depend on your role. Is your role in investment management, legal, IT or some other area? What's the seniority of position?

Regardless, test should be the same i.e from the same provider and all done on a PC, except face to face interview (competence) and perhaps some business cases. If you start looking into GMAT verbal & numerical areas as well as do a chunk of Raven’s matrices, you won't go wrong.

Time is critical, usually in these kinds of tests (anywhere beyond ADIA) you will probably have 45 sec per question but under stress you will normally underperform a bit. I would say aim for average 35 sec per question when you practice to have some safety buffer.
Old Dec 21st 2015, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kafelnikoff
I suspect that level of difficulty and acceptance threshold might depend on your role. Is your role in investment management, legal, IT or some other area? What's the seniority of position?

Regardless, test should be the same i.e from the same provider and all done on a PC, except face to face interview (competence) and perhaps some business cases. If you start looking into GMAT verbal & numerical areas as well as do a chunk of Raven’s matrices, you won't go wrong.

Time is critical, usually in these kinds of tests (anywhere beyond ADIA) you will probably have 45 sec per question but under stress you will normally underperform a bit. I would say aim for average 35 sec per question when you practice to have some safety buffer.
Thanks for the reply, kafelnikof , the role is relatively senior I guess, in business support/research..... I will check out the organizations you refer to and get reading 😀
Old Jan 12th 2016, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Fayvir is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm actually from Canada, nearing the end of the recruitment process.
For those are considering or might have questions, here's what I learned:

- they start with a few (I did 4) VC interviews; some general and some technical
- after you pass them all, they send you to New York for the psych assessment, it was about 7 hours long. 1 hour interview, math test, English test, Ravens test, 2 business scenarios
Prior to this though, you have to complete a 300 question survey (mandatory)
- after that, they send you to Abu Dhabi for face to face interviews (they send both my wife and I, business class, about 5 days long, accommodation and food included)

Like others have said, the hardest part about the psych test is the time limit, you find that you will not have time to recheck your answers

PS - I'm applying for a role in IT

I will post back when I return from the face to face interviews
Old Jan 13th 2016, 2:00 am
Just Joined

Very interesting to hear Fayvir?and good luck with the process... First time I've heard of the mandatory 300 questions.... What did they relate to ?
Old Jan 13th 2016, 2:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AD herewecome
Very interesting to hear Fayvir?and good luck with the process... First time I've heard of the mandatory 300 questions.... What did they relate to ?
They were related to the psych assessment. Mostly around personality and general interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, challenges).
Old Jan 20th 2016, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Suttonboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fayvir
They were related to the psych assessment. Mostly around personality and general interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, challenges).

Good luck with your trip Fayvir! Its a lovely city if you haven't been. Make the most of it!

I'm still waiting to hear final decisions from my trip (its been 6 weeks now).
Old Jan 25th 2016, 5:58 pm
hsh
Just Joined

hsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yooj00
Does anyone know which agency ADIA tends to utilize for recruiting within the UK.. Is it Michael Evans or Marcus Page?

thanks
I was approached by Michael page in dubai for an adia position and recently I received an email from cobalt recruitment in abu dhabi for a position at adia. It varies.
With my experience, it was all good - passed first stage interview and then had to sit an assessment test which took most of the day in london - after that the recruiter I was dealing with no longer worked at Michael page - spoke to the manager who was taking over everything and it all fizzled out. No feedback on my assessment whether I had passed or failed.
Korn ferry did inform me they sent the results back to adia a week after my assessment day but it went dead quiet and till this day 6 months later never heard anything.
Good luck.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

kat123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

I am half way through the process and will be flying to Abu Dhabi soon, the interview and testing stage were very quick but it seems to be slowing a little bit now as I believe a committee need to approve before my flights can be booked.

I know this has been asked a million times before but is it really 10-12 interviews across two days? My area is quite niche so I don't believe there will be many over there who can discuss the technical aspects of my role.

On the Korn Ferry testing itself it went well and as has been said before just be yourself. I scored high on Verbal (exceptional) and numerical (above average) but just below average on my conceptual so don't let one bad mark put you off, however the recruiter has advised that currently only 33% are passing the tests. If you have any questions on the testing let me know!

Also I am reading that the package offered sometimes is not as good as initially expected?
Old Jan 30th 2016, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kat123
Hello all,

I am half way through the process and will be flying to Abu Dhabi soon, the interview and testing stage were very quick but it seems to be slowing a little bit now as I believe a committee need to approve before my flights can be booked.

I know this has been asked a million times before but is it really 10-12 interviews across two days? My area is quite niche so I don't believe there will be many over there who can discuss the technical aspects of my role.

On the Korn Ferry testing itself it went well and as has been said before just be yourself. I scored high on Verbal (exceptional) and numerical (above average) but just below average on my conceptual so don't let one bad mark put you off, however the recruiter has advised that currently only 33% are passing the tests. If you have any questions on the testing let me know!

Also I am reading that the package offered sometimes is not as good as initially expected?

Great job! Yes there will be 12-14 interviews over 2 days. I did mine a few weeks ago. You meet with people outside your area of expertise as well for culture and organizational fit.

The package depends on where you're from. It doesn't compare apples to apples because income is not taxed there but cost of living is higher, at least compared to Canada, where I'm from. They also provide accommodations. The base salary itself is not great but when you add on the allowances such as gratuity and expat allowance, it is quite high.

I got the conditional offer a week ago and am considering whether it is the right move for me and my wife.

Good luck!
Old Jan 30th 2016, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

kat123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply Fayvir!

So would you say that the interviews are full on or just more of a chat? Technical or just general getting to know you interviews? I have only had one VC interview so not much experience with the actual interviews if you know what I mean!

I would be moving from Ireland with my husband and we are both interested in making the move should I get an offer, it has just all happened so fast and so out of the blue really!

Oh congrats on the job offer!! Were you waiting long for the offer to come through? Did your wife also get to visit AD with you?

Yes, on the package the recruiter has quoted some exceptionally high figures so I am kind of taking them with a pinch of salt!! But we do want to save some if we do manage to get the opportunity.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! Offer took maybe 2 weeks after I came back from the site visit. Yes my wife came along and they paid for her as well. It's to give your whole family an idea of the lifestyle there.

The interviews are generally casual, just more of getting to know you and for you to get to know what it's like to work there. It's interesting to hear different opinions on the same question. Some folks will ask technical questions though depending on your position. Just a heads up.

Pm me if you need any details

Originally Posted by kat123
Thanks for the reply Fayvir!

So would you say that the interviews are full on or just more of a chat? Technical or just general getting to know you interviews? I have only had one VC interview so not much experience with the actual interviews if you know what I mean!

I would be moving from Ireland with my husband and we are both interested in making the move should I get an offer, it has just all happened so fast and so out of the blue really!

Oh congrats on the job offer!! Were you waiting long for the offer to come through? Did your wife also get to visit AD with you?

Yes, on the package the recruiter has quoted some exceptionally high figures so I am kind of taking them with a pinch of salt!! But we do want to save some if we do manage to get the opportunity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.