Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Sep 10th 2015, 10:55 am
Just Joined

BerkshireGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Everything I've heard suggests there is no point in negotiating. I don't know if they'd rescind the offer, but they won't up it anyway...
Old Sep 14th 2015, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Mr.Tod is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Hello,

Is it possible to get a job at the legal department of ADIA?

Many thanks
Old Sep 16th 2015, 5:00 am
Just Joined

sinthuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering if anyone can provide some insight about the assessment? Can we use calculator? Any sample questions? Any input on how to prepare for the test? How many questions are in each test? How many hours you had to work on the math, verbal, and reasoning?
Thank you for your time.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 5:06 am
Just Joined

Just wondering if you can provide some insight about the assessment? Can we use calculator? Any sample questions? Any input on how to prepare for the test? How many questions are in each test? How many hours you had to work on the math, verbal, and reasoning?
Thank you for your time.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by akhilendraverma
Hello Everyone,

I have completed Korn Ferry assessment round and got my feedback yesterday.I scored low in Numerical(36%) and Verbal (22%) but very high in abstract reasoning (86%).I am applying for senior analyst operations position.

Please anyone let me know let me know what are my chances for ADIA

Do they call mt at Abu Dhabhi
Is the Korn Ferry Verbal test multiple choice? Any written questions?
Old Sep 16th 2015, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

shertheman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
I have had 3 VC one on one interviews with ADIA for an Associate helpdesk technical support position and waiting on outcome or feedback. Loads of information in this forum but got a few questions:

1. What is the usual waiting time frame before you get feedback
2. Does anyone know what the package would be?

I have over 7 years deskside, helpdesk, incident management support experience.
Married with 4kids and was informed by recruiter at the start that the whole family would need to relocate which isn't an issue for us anyway.
Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

We would be moving from Ireland.

Thanks
Old Sep 29th 2015, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

sara333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I am considering a job at ADIA.

I have a few queries about the expat package.

Can someone tell me what the highest pay grade is out of P1, P2, and P3.

I am being recruited for an associate position as an accountant, what salary should I be looking at to negotiate and how much much should I be expecting in terms of accommodation allowance?

Any indications would be great!

Thanks
Old Sep 30th 2015, 10:11 am
Just Joined

bart23 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI I too have a query regarding the grade system in ADIA? What is the equivalent levels to I3, I4 and I5 in an Investment bank or fund in the UK? Is I5 the highest Grade? Does the salary level you are offered takes into account the grade of your job offer or your last salary for 3 years?
Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:29 am
Just Joined

lyrikal001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, this forum has been keeping me sane for the past 4 months!!

I'm currently going through the process with ADIA, I've done the initial screening, psychometric tests, online tests and they flew me and my family up to AD for the final interview - one week before their Eid break.

It's been almost one month and haven't heard anything back. Should I be worried?
Old Oct 14th 2015, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Fizz_UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All, if you want to work in a place that pays well but offers limited career progression opportunities then this is the place for you. If you value your career currently, have good progression potential then I would seriously think hard. All that glitters isn't gold and this isn't a place for ambitious individuals. This is the truth, there are many many perks but I would argue the opportunity cost of almost stunting development is too great
Old Oct 14th 2015, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Airwave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lyrikal001
Hi all, this forum has been keeping me sane for the past 4 months!! I'm currently going through the process with ADIA, I've done the initial screening, psychometric tests, online tests and they flew me and my family up to AD for the final interview - one week before their Eid break. It's been almost one month and haven't heard anything back. Should I be worried?
Hi, keep your hopes up. You could probably chase your headhunter. The process does take time, there are many cases of people's patience being tested. Anyway, good luck and keep us posted with further developments.
Meanwhile, please feel free to share your experience. Was there anything different that you faced during your process? I believe they've started VCs instead of a telephonic interview for the 1st round of discussions.
~A
Old Nov 21st 2015, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Suttonboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lyrikal001
Hi all, this forum has been keeping me sane for the past 4 months!!

I'm currently going through the process with ADIA, I've done the initial screening, psychometric tests, online tests and they flew me and my family up to AD for the final interview - one week before their Eid break.

It's been almost one month and haven't heard anything back. Should I be worried?
Hi lyrika001, i'll be flying out to ADIA in the next couple of weeks for another round of interviews. I've been told i would be doing a 1 hour work place test. Do you know what that is and the test format?

How was the whole interview experience? Any tips? thanks
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fizz_UK
Hi All, if you want to work in a place that pays well but offers limited career progression opportunities then this is the place for you. If you value your career currently, have good progression potential then I would seriously think hard. All that glitters isn't gold and this isn't a place for ambitious individuals. This is the truth, there are many many perks but I would argue the opportunity cost of almost stunting development is too great
Personally i think this post describes all ADIA (and investment roles) - I think for every 1 year i have spent here i have digressed (work/opportuntiy wise) 2 years than if i was in London or NY. If i had to make this decision again i would come to the ME during my twilight years to retire away..
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 10:40 am
Just Joined

init2winit02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Personally i think this post describes all ADIA (and investment roles) - I think for every 1 year i have spent here i have digressed (work/opportuntiy wise) 2 years than if i was in London or NY. If i had to make this decision again i would come to the ME during my twilight years to retire away..
Interesting. How about if you've had enough of the M&A lifestyle, were looking for opportunities in industry (so that you could improve work/life balance), would you say your hours (and stress levels) are better than they were in comparison?

The middle east life seems more aligned to a family lifestyle, although not sure if that's the case if you work with someone like ADIA.
Old Nov 24th 2015, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

sweetPie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thank you for the info

Please can you let us know

How long the process took from first interview till you moved?

Does the whole family get to go once before the move? Plane? Flight class?

How is schooling arranged?

What kind of temporary accomodation is provided? Apart hotel/ villa?

Do they arrange accomodation or the staff does it?

What about furniture and shipping from home country?

Many thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.