Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Apr 14th 2014, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

AdamSayaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADIA

So here is my story , did a phone interview,a week later they flewme out to do the assessment and then a face to face interview,and its been 11 days and havent heard result for my assessment,they are waiting for london,howlongdoes it usually take? PS I live in oman
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

mdoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

So I am from the US and applying for a IT position and was wondering if this is normal. I am going through a recruiter and I had 3 video conference interviews all which seemed to go good which was a little over a month ago and I am still waiting for them to schedule me to take a PDI exam is this time line accurate the wait to schedule this exam?
Also if I do well in the exam how long should I expect the time frame to be sent out to Abu Dhabi for an in person interview/meet and greet?

Thanks
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

RKI_83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mdoe
So I am from the US and applying for a IT position and was wondering if this is normal. I am going through a recruiter and I had 3 video conference interviews all which seemed to go good which was a little over a month ago and I am still waiting for them to schedule me to take a PDI exam is this time line accurate the wait to schedule this exam?
Also if I do well in the exam how long should I expect the time frame to be sent out to Abu Dhabi for an in person interview/meet and greet?

Thanks
mdoe, welcome to the forum.

Yes the time between the initial interview's and PDI test can vary depending on the requirement for your role. Generally speaking it will be a few weeks before you get your PDI date.

The time between PDI test and Flying out in my case was about 5 weeks.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

smudgerchanovski is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Hello there guys,
I am another potential ADIA candidate and I am awaiting notification of when the PDI check will take place. I would like to prepare myself as much as possible for this and so I have been downloading online practice tests and sample papers etc. I was just wondering if anyone who has sat the tests recently could confirm for me what the format is. How many questions in each section and are they computer based as opposed to paper based? (I have been practising computer based ones and I find myself getting in a right fluster when doing the abstract reasoning ones where you have lots of diagrams and you have to complete the sequence!). Any advice? Cheers
Old May 24th 2014, 7:48 am
Just Joined

hi all,

I completed pdi passed, i did interviews phone and in person , now they are arranging for my family and i to come next week , and still i dont know what the offer is ??IS that normal?
Old May 24th 2014, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Hi AdamSayaf,
I had my PDI assessment about a week and a half ago. I have a feedback call arranged with Korn Ferry at beginning of June although I hope to hear from ADIA with a yes or a no prior to that. The assessment went ok apart from the abstract reasoning part which I found really tough. Hoping that they assess on overall performance on the day instead of penalising for one not so good part! With regard to offers I wouldn't expect any offer until after I have been flown out there. Anyway - I'm not even thinking about that yet because I am not really confident about having passed the PDI. Do you mind telling me how your feedback was. Did you pass everything with flying colours or were there any elements where you were borderline? Many thanks and best of luck.
Old May 24th 2014, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Actually , i completed my pdi , didnt hear any response fromthem ,but heard from the recruiter , he said they want you to send the passport detailsfor yourfamily, so then i contacted the pdi center , and asked about my results, they arranged a slot for a few days after,i passed , i scored high on abstract , was average on vocabulary ,etc ,so it went fine,i thoght i did bad as well , but it went well, but still tillthis date no offer at all , i completed all the requirements , but they said you will get the offer when you go there to meet the team ? Kinda weird
Old May 24th 2014, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AdamSayaf
hi all,

I completed pdi passed, i did interviews phone and in person , now they are arranging for my family and i to come next week , and still i dont know what the offer is ??IS that normal?
Hi Adam,

Congratulation on getting so far.

In terms of the offer, they may touch on it when you fly over, In my case they gave me a provisional offer subject to clearance about 1 week after my on-site interview.
Old May 24th 2014, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smudgerchanovski
Hi AdamSayaf,
I had my PDI assessment about a week and a half ago. I have a feedback call arranged with Korn Ferry at beginning of June although I hope to hear from ADIA with a yes or a no prior to that. The assessment went ok apart from the abstract reasoning part which I found really tough. Hoping that they assess on overall performance on the day instead of penalising for one not so good part! With regard to offers I wouldn't expect any offer until after I have been flown out there. Anyway - I'm not even thinking about that yet because I am not really confident about having passed the PDI. Do you mind telling me how your feedback was. Did you pass everything with flying colours or were there any elements where you were borderline? Many thanks and best of luck.
The judgement will be done upon your overall results, this includes your pre-exam questionnaire for your personality.

The results are used as a measure if your scores meet your job role average. The whole process is looked over by a clinical psychologist, the judgements are made for the overall rather than the elements.

My feedback was average for Vocabulary and Mathematics, above average for Abstract reasoning.

Best of luck.
Old May 24th 2014, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the responses guys. Best of luck to you too. Will let you know how my feedback goes. Cheers,
Old May 24th 2014, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

What is the clearence you are referring to
?
Old May 25th 2014, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

What is the clearence you are referring to
?
Clearance refers to your security checks being completed.

This includes all your references are ok, your CRB check in clear and attest of all your documents including your Highest Certification of education[Degree], Marriage Desertification and if you have children their Birth Certificates needs to be attested also.
Old May 25th 2014, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RKI_83
Clearance refers to your security checks being completed.

This includes all your references are ok, your CRB check in clear and attest of all your documents including your Highest Certification of education[Degree], Marriage Desertification and if you have children their Birth Certificates needs to be attested also.
Do they also check if you have any oustanding loans you are paying monthly? or is that not a requirement?
Old May 25th 2014, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Do they also check if you have any oustanding loans you are paying monthly? or is that not a requirement?
I cant comment if they do, I personally do have a mortgage and student loan..As long as you dont have really bad credit you may be safe.
Old May 25th 2014, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.