British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/job-abu-dhabi-investment-authority-638456/)

RK11 Jan 28th 2014 4:36 pm

Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by RKI_83 (Post 11101008)
Hi RK11,

Which assessment center did you complete your psychometric Test. I got my results within 3 weeks. I was advised about the onsite visit to be arranged at that point - which is about another 3 weeks later[due to Christmas/new year holidays].

I had mine at PDI center on 3rd Jan. Had my feedback call with the test taking agency on 13th. They mentioned they sent the report to Adia around 8-9th Jan. Still waiting to hear back from ADIA.
Which position and department are you interviewing for?
thanks

RKI_83 Jan 29th 2014 7:49 am

Originally Posted by RK11 (Post 11101077)
I had mine at PDI center on 3rd Jan. Had my feedback call with the test taking agency on 13th. They mentioned they sent the report to Adia around 8-9th Jan. Still waiting to hear back from ADIA.
Which position and department are you interviewing for?
thanks

PDI center in Green Park?

You should generally get a good feel for what the final decision will be based on your call with the agency. What are your results?

I spoken to my guys before who have gone thought this process, they have waited for over a month in some instances for decisions from ADIA.

My role is more operation arm of the business[IT].

RK11 Jan 29th 2014 8:25 am

Originally Posted by RKI_83 (Post 11102145)
PDI center in Green Park?

You should generally get a good feel for what the final decision will be based on your call with the agency. What are your results?

I spoken to my guys before who have gone thought this process, they have waited for over a month in some instances for decisions from ADIA.

My role is more operation arm of the business[IT].

Yes, that is right.
The feedback from PDI was very positive, they didnt disclose the exact scores but said the performance was amongst the best and in the 90 percentile + for all verbal, numerical and logical. the other behavioral part was also very positive.
My role is Investment Manager in Private Equity as part of Investments team.

Who did you hear back from ? Does ADIA write back to inform you of the final decision?
Have you had your onsite interview already? How was it? What does it comprise?

If I haven't heard back yet, is it a good idea to write to the HR to find out the status? Just being mindful of the organizational culture.

thanks again

RKI_83 Jan 29th 2014 8:38 am

Originally Posted by RK11 (Post 11102178)
Yes, that is right.
The feedback from PDI was very positive, they didnt disclose the exact scores but said the performance was amongst the best and in the 90 percentile + for all verbal, numerical and logical. the other behavioral part was also very positive.
My role is Investment Manager in Private Equity as part of Investments team.

Who did you hear back from ? Does ADIA write back to inform you of the final decision?
Have you had your onsite interview already? How was it? What does it comprise?

If I haven't heard back yet, is it a good idea to write to the HR to find out the status? Just being mindful of the organizational culture.

thanks again

That sounds very positive :)

As my role was via an recruitment agency, ADIA communicated via my recruitment agent about the final decision.

Onsite interview is due next week - pretty nervous, just taking a step at a time.

There are guys on the forum who work for ADIA, they might be better able to answer your question about writing to HR.

RK11 Jan 29th 2014 8:48 am

Originally Posted by RKI_83 (Post 11102191)
That sounds very positive :)

As my role was via an recruitment agency, ADIA communicated via my recruitment agent about the final decision.

Onsite interview is due next week - pretty nervous, just taking a step at a time.

There are guys on the forum who work for ADIA, they might be better able to answer your question about writing to HR.

Not sure if positive or not.
Dont know what to make of the prolonged silence..

All the best for your onsite interviews. Good luck.

RKI_83 Jan 29th 2014 9:07 am

No news is good news :)

Yes many thanks will need all the luck.

Any tips you have been give about the company/culture etc. would be helpfull.

RK11 Jan 29th 2014 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by RKI_83 (Post 11102230)
No news is good news :)

Yes many thanks will need all the luck.

Any tips you have been give about the company/culture etc. would be helpfull.

Sorry, cant offer much help there. I have no first hand information and haven't met them face to face. I am sure you will do well.

AS_100 Jan 30th 2014 4:12 am

Hi - if its not too cheeky, which London based recruitment agencies are people using to approach the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority? Thanks!

RKI_83 Jan 30th 2014 7:37 am

Originally Posted by AS_100 (Post 11103856)
Hi - if its not too cheeky, which London based recruitment agencies are people using to approach the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority? Thanks!

http://www.etonwood.co.uk/

michaelhanif Jan 30th 2014 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by RKI_83 (Post 11099719)
Hi Michealhanif,

I recently completed my psychometric exam - the assessment day is consists of the following.
-Abstract Reasoning exam [Raven's Progressive Matrices]
-Numerical Exam[No calculator, Maths is my weak-point - it wasn't too difficult, you are not allowed to use a calculator, just polish up your mental arithmetic. Its a case of data analysis and interpreting the data]
-Verbal Reasoning[a passage of text followed by a statement, you will need to confirm if its TRUE/FALSE/CAN NOT SAY]. Only base your answers on the passage].

You will have 2 scenario based interviews and 1 face-to-face interview. Best advise I can give you is - relax, calculate the time to finish your exam and be disciplined.

Thanks RKI.

I'm weak in math as well and have been very worried about the overall exam although I have been practicing. Is it really as difficult as it sounds?

What position are you applying for? Don't you have to wait till you hear back on the results before they confirm the next step?

thanks

RKI_83 Jan 31st 2014 11:22 am

Originally Posted by michaelhanif (Post 11105124)
Thanks RKI.

I'm weak in math as well and have been very worried about the overall exam although I have been practicing. Is it really as difficult as it sounds?

What position are you applying for? Don't you have to wait till you hear back on the results before they confirm the next step?

thanks

Hi Micheal

I have responded to your private msg

CDG2727 Feb 5th 2014 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by kalzone (Post 10986985)
NO no and no, I am just asking for some help here.

Hi,

Any feedback on the interviews / tests for business support (administrative) roles greatly appreciated.

CDG2727 Feb 5th 2014 6:25 pm

I'm already resident in AD - if that makes a difference and was very surprised when informed that admin support have 4 hours of tests.

RKI_83 Feb 6th 2014 6:05 am

Originally Posted by CDG2727 (Post 11115010)
I'm already resident in AD - if that makes a difference and was very surprised when informed that admin support have 4 hours of tests.

They are able to put people thought these tests as many people apply for roles @ ADIA as its a very desirable place to work and the want to pick the best people for the roles.

Interms of feedback about interview- you need to show how you will add value to ADIA, you are the right aptitude skills etc.

whity Feb 21st 2014 8:11 pm

Hello,

I have an appointment for a face to face interview in ADIA HO in this coming week.

I am already based in Abu dhabi working here. Is there anyone who got placed or went for the interview being in Abu dhabi itself?

If anyone, who is working there, can PM me I would appreciate that. :thumbup: