Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

bluemarlin14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

yes indeed, it depends on the package and I think also on the size of your family. we could choose betweent two kinds of villas or apartments; we visited only the villas and they were both very nice.
I guess they will match at least you current day rate but I don't know if they will offer you your net rate+the benefits (expat's allowance, family allowance...) or the gross rate+benefits
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

kikydima is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biggson
Hi All,
I am currently in London, being offered a Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority.

With a Mathematics PhD, I am currently a quantitative analyst in one of the banks in Canary Whraf (London). The head hunter sets up a final discussion with him on Thursday. I am still not sure whether the move is rational or not but I belive it is a good move in my career, working for the world biggest soverign fund.

Is there anyone working in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority here?
What is the culture within the organisation?
What salary should I set as benchmark to the headhunter( I have 5 years experience as a heavy quant and my degrees are from the very top uni in Britain)

How expensive is the lifestyle?
What are the benefits I should request( Car, house, etc...)
Please help, this is a life decision into an unknown world to me.

I am 35 with one kid and not married yet.
Concerning visa application, I have a French and British passport(any difference?)

Please help
Biggy
Hi!...

I'm evaluating a job offer from ADIA (managerial role), but I have a lot of doubts...I'd like to share your experience, I'm trying to collect as many info as possible and till now I got scaring info concerning living there for a woman.

I'm 35 and I live with my boyfriend, but not married...I already know this could be a problem...what else?

thanks!
Kiky
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

you should marry, otherwise I don't think it's possible to live together.
Also consider that, when you're married, you have a family allowance higher than the one for a single person.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

RKI_83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bluemarlin14
yes indeed, it depends on the package and I think also on the size of your family. we could choose betweent two kinds of villas or apartments; we visited only the villas and they were both very nice.
I guess they will match at least you current day rate but I don't know if they will offer you your net rate+the benefits (expat's allowance, family allowance...) or the gross rate+benefits
It will be interesting to see what they offer as I have only been contracting for 3 months.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

are you supposed to move there with all your family for only three months?
if the offer is good and you can go back to your old life without any problems this could be a great adventure!
Old Jan 7th 2014, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bluemarlin14
are you supposed to move there with all your family for only three months?
if the offer is good and you can go back to your old life without any problems this could be a great adventure!
Sorry - what I meant is I have been only contracting in the UK for the last 3 months as day rate.

Yes I am taken a step at a time.. many thanks for you advise.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

mabusharikh is an unknown quantity at this point

Any idea how salaries in ADIA compare to the UK? Say I earn 100K pounds + 20% bonus per annum.. how much can I expect them to offer?
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mabusharikh
Any idea how salaries in ADIA compare to the UK? Say I earn 100K pounds + 20% bonus per annum.. how much can I expect them to offer?
Salary should be in the same bench mark. The add ons are tax free, housing (and the ability to have income from renting property back home) schooling, flight allowance, all utilities and medical incl OT, physio etc paid. This is not to be underestimated.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

michaelhanif is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone please shed light on the psychometric exam?? I am scheduled to take this exam next week and am a bit worried. They tell me I cannot use a calculator. What is the level of difficulty??

thank you in advance.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michaelhanif
Can someone please shed light on the psychometric exam?? I am scheduled to take this exam next week and am a bit worried. They tell me I cannot use a calculator. What is the level of difficulty??

thank you in advance.
Hi Michealhanif,

I recently completed my psychometric exam - the assessment day is consists of the following.
-Abstract Reasoning exam [Raven's Progressive Matrices]
-Numerical Exam[No calculator, Maths is my weak-point - it wasn't too difficult, you are not allowed to use a calculator, just polish up your mental arithmetic. Its a case of data analysis and interpreting the data]
-Verbal Reasoning[a passage of text followed by a statement, you will need to confirm if its TRUE/FALSE/CAN NOT SAY]. Only base your answers on the passage].

You will have 2 scenario based interviews and 1 face-to-face interview. Best advise I can give you is - relax, calculate the time to finish your exam and be disciplined.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

I am due to attend a final onsite interview at ADIA in AD. I would like some insight what to expect. Any tips on how to be like, dress code etc. would me appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!
Old Jan 28th 2014, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RKI_83
I am due to attend a final onsite interview at ADIA in AD. I would like some insight what to expect. Any tips on how to be like, dress code etc. would me appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!
You feel the need to ask about dress code?? OK, here goes........... try wearing a smart suit.

Even if the company's day-to-day dress code is more casual (it isn't), you can always adapt to that if you take the job - impossible (and too late) to do it the other way round.

I have a friend who once put on his smartest business suit....... for a telephone interview. His reasoning was that he would feel mentally ready for work, and this would be reflected in his voice, his demeanour and the manner of his answers. He got the job.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

RK11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RKI_83

Thanks in Advance!
Hi RKI,
First of all, congrats on this. Very positive development.
Can you share how long after the assessments/pyschometrics did you hear back on onsite interview?
Its been more than 3 weeks since I completed my assessments - no news yet.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Jan 28th 2014, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RK11
Hi RKI,
First of all, congrats on this. Very positive development.
Can you share how long after the assessments/pyschometrics did you hear back on onsite interview?
Its been more than 3 weeks since I completed my assessments - no news yet.
Thanks a lot in advance!
Hi RK11,

Which assessment center did you complete your psychometric Test. I got my results within 3 weeks. I was advised about the onsite visit to be arranged at that point - which is about another 3 weeks later[due to Christmas/new year holidays].
Old Jan 28th 2014, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Dean
You feel the need to ask about dress code?? OK, here goes........... try wearing a smart suit.

Even if the company's day-to-day dress code is more casual (it isn't), you can always adapt to that if you take the job - impossible (and too late) to do it the other way round.

I have a friend who once put on his smartest business suit....... for a telephone interview. His reasoning was that he would feel mentally ready for work, and this would be reflected in his voice, his demeanour and the manner of his answers. He got the job.
Can you be too smart - ie if I wear my 3 piece suit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.