British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   ME Job Discussions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/)
-   -   Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (https://britishexpats.com/forum/me-job-discussions-136/job-abu-dhabi-investment-authority-638456/)

sweetdeal Jun 4th 2014 4:33 pm

Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by herysoe (Post 11287496)
Hello everyone,

I have been reading this forum for past 3 weeks now and I find it to be very useful. I have scheduled for my PDI assessment next week and I saw in one of the response, the assessment might be different for some and they depends on your role you've applied. As I am applying for IT position, according to their email, my assessment will be "the assessment will comprise an interview, problem-solving tests, and real-world job simulations". I just want to confirm with fellow forum that my interpretation of the email is as follow:

1. interview: is this going to be standard interview based on my experience or different?
2. problem solving test: i believe this will be "numerical and verbal reasoning" and "abstract logic test" (this i can learn online)
3. real world job simulations: well this is self explanatory, simulation of real world problem and how would I handle it

Thank you all.

you got it all right, the interview is with a psychologist, she/he will go off your Resume and ask questions, also will ask you to give specific examples, pretty standard, you can compare with HR interview. The tests - correct as well. Real job simulation is indeed what you think it is, i am not sure though whether they tailor the "problem" to your function or not

khwork Jun 4th 2014 4:59 pm

I will be flying in the 3rd week of june. Anyone will be there as well?

herysoe Jun 5th 2014 1:38 am

thanks for the confirmation sweetdeal. appreciate your input...finger crossed..

AdamSayaf Jun 5th 2014 3:48 am

:)

fustyler Jun 5th 2014 7:43 am

For site visits to ADIA, does anyone know if they put you on business class for flights? The flight is around 12 hours and economy class is not going to be nice.

Ghent Jun 5th 2014 1:45 pm

Hi,

I will be visiting Abu Dhabi in mid-June for on-site interviews. Any idea of the type of questions I will be facing there? My impression is that once you get the invitation to AD, 90% of the work is done...

RKI_83 Jun 5th 2014 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ghent (Post 11289315)
Hi,

I will be visiting Abu Dhabi in mid-June for on-site interviews. Any idea of the type of questions I will be facing there? My impression is that once you get the invitation to AD, 90% of the work is done...

Treat this as an interview, the decision will be made after these site visits.

RKI_83 Jun 5th 2014 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by fustyler (Post 11288915)
For site visits to ADIA, does anyone know if they put you on business class for flights? The flight is around 12 hours and economy class is not going to be nice.

It will be business class for you and your family.

mdoe Jun 5th 2014 1:59 pm

Will they also fly my girlfriend that I am engaged to for the in person interview or are they strictly only flying her if we are married?

Riina Jun 5th 2014 5:19 pm

Hi All,

I've just been told I've got through first round at ADIA but now face the first hurdles i.e. battery of Psychometric tests.

I am a bit nervous about these - I know you can practice online but some of the online ones are not reflective of the ones recruiters actually use i.e. practice ones seem easier than the real ones!
How have people found them? are they very stressful?

I think my fear stems from doing poorly at a numerical reasoning one years ago even though I am a qualified CA now!

I'm really excited I've got through the first hurdle but boy do they make you jump through hoops!! It's expected but I would like to gather as much advice as possible from anyone willing to share..

rockangelx Jun 6th 2014 1:35 pm

Hi,
After the site visit, typically how long will adia take to get back to you regarding an offer / rejection?

herysoe Jun 8th 2014 2:36 pm

Hello all,

for the numerical reasoning during assessment, do we get to use calculator or no? if yes, then the test will be harder i presumed.. :)

thank you

RKI_83 Jun 8th 2014 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by rockangelx (Post 11290816)
Hi,
After the site visit, typically how long will adia take to get back to you regarding an offer / rejection?

After you visit - within 2-3 weeks you will get a provisional offer subject to security clearance.

RKI_83 Jun 8th 2014 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by herysoe (Post 11293224)
Hello all,

for the numerical reasoning during assessment, do we get to use calculator or no? if yes, then the test will be harder i presumed.. :)

thank you

For Numerical reasoning, you are not allowed to use a calculator - the test isnt arithmetic per-say, its focusing on data provided and extrapolating to get the final answers. It will be good to get your mental arithmetic upto scratch as some questions are around percentages etc.

herysoe Jun 9th 2014 12:32 pm

thanks for the confirmation rki_83

khwork Jun 9th 2014 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by RKI_83 (Post 11293372)
After you visit - within 2-3 weeks you will get a provisional offer subject to security clearance.

I am flying in next week and I am keen to know what kind of security clearance is that?
Is it fine that I owe bank money due to my educational loan?

herysoe Jun 10th 2014 3:30 am

@khwork...i believe that will be your background check..if you have criminal history, your education, etc..i don't think owing bank money will affect..unless you are not paying them..:-( as i do owe bank money too unfortunately...

correct me if i am wrong people...

Ghent Jun 10th 2014 3:47 pm

Hi there,

one more question. I read in an article that the compensation might vary a lot depending on the type of contract. The journalist mentioned also the fact that there are 2 types of contracts with different remuneration implications, but then it did not elaborate much on the details.

Do you know anything about this?

Best and many thanks in advance for your help

RKI_83 Jun 10th 2014 6:55 pm

which article is this in reference to. There are permanent and contract staff!

mdoe Jun 11th 2014 4:59 pm

what is the estimated time to hear back from ADIA after the PDI exam? I am interested to see what my results will reveal as that was the first time going through an assessment like that.

khwork Jun 11th 2014 5:43 pm

@herysoe thanks for your advice.

@mdoe it should take about 2 weeks.

anyone knows the kind of bonus they are giving each year?

Stanleycup Jun 13th 2014 9:46 am

Hi all, I have a few questions. I completed all required did the face to face interview a week ago ,met HR. All is well. Received conditional offer, now here is my question:

I do owe money in loans and credit card and student loan about 20k cad, which I haven't paid, but that was in 2002, I believe they automatically get erased after 7 years, I got nothing in the Middle East , will this affect my employment security clearance .

al dente Jun 13th 2014 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Stanleycup (Post 11300514)

I do owe money in loans and credit card and student loan about 20k cad, which I haven't paid, but that was in 2002, I believe they automatically get erased after 7 years, I got nothing in the Middle East , will this affect my employment security clearance .

Nice ethics. :sneaky: You'd better not try that here, thing are handled differently

Stanleycup Jun 13th 2014 12:26 pm

We'll I was a young teenager , and stupid ... My question will this haunt me despite it being years ago will it affect my employment with adia... I'm older now married with 3 kids .. And I'm not that teenager anymore so I was wondering ... Will it affect?

Stanleycup Jun 13th 2014 12:27 pm

Thanks

AdamSayaf Jun 28th 2014 9:54 am

Anyone know how long it takes to receive the conditional offer from the day of the last interview? around 2 weeks?

sweetdeal Jun 28th 2014 9:55 am

Originally Posted by AdamSayaf (Post 11317951)
Anyone know how long it takes to receive the conditional offer from the day of the last interview? around 2 weeks?

give or take. what kind of role ? i guess that makes a difference too

AdamSayaf Jun 28th 2014 10:15 am

Its a junior office role ..

AdamSayaf Jun 28th 2014 10:16 am

I was told by the interviewer , it will be two weeks from today , so hopefully soon:) a few more days left.

smudgerchanovski Jun 28th 2014 5:30 pm

I was also told they would try to give feedback within about 2 weeks. One thing I have learnt though during this whole process is that they are in no rush to make decisions. Just gotta be patient!

Stanleycup Jun 29th 2014 5:01 pm

I have officially given up on ADIA , and i am not going to bother the recruiter anymore. The HR said they are intending to provide the offer , that was 3 days ago , but nothing yet , so i am not going to bother asking the recruiter , I am in the final stages. I have given up , its been two weeks since i did my final interview and the ppl I interviewed are happy and ready to have me on board , but why does it take so damn long. I have given up and I have a job and I am happy with it , and im well secure. I am not going to bother anymore

smudgerchanovski Jun 29th 2014 6:22 pm

Stanleycup, your previous posts advised you had already received your conditional offer. I guess that isn't the case then. I am sure you will hear back soon but you should also bear in mind that Ramadan has started so from what I have heard we need to be prepared for things to move at a slower pace. If you're happy and secure in your current job then forget about it till they come back to you and then make your decision.

mdoe Jul 1st 2014 4:44 pm

Has anyone also had to do a capabilities presentation to senior management? Any recommendations?

smudgerchanovski Jul 1st 2014 4:51 pm

Hi mdoe, Ijust sent you a PM.

rockangelx Jul 2nd 2014 2:15 pm

yes, two weeks. i got my conditional offer yesterday, almost exactly two weeks after my last on-site interview.

AWA12 Jul 2nd 2014 2:33 pm

Hello everyone,

Congrats rockangelx! What position?

I also received a conditional offer 2 weeks after onsite interviews (19 june).
I'm now waiting the Security/Background check... Which should take 4 to 6 weeks (or more if I'm not lucky).

Cheers,

Pushkar Jul 3rd 2014 12:16 pm

Hello everyone,

generally speaking have you been satisfied with the offer is that negotiable ?
What kind of increase one should expect ?

Cheers,

khwork Jul 7th 2014 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Pushkar (Post 11323706)
Hello everyone,

generally speaking have you been satisfied with the offer is that negotiable ?
What kind of increase one should expect ?

Cheers,

Anyone able to advise if the conditional offer is negotiable?

mdoe Jul 10th 2014 7:16 pm

Can anyone advise or been in a situation where you have fiance.... Will they fly her out for the visit if you are not married yet and can your salary or package change if you get married 6 months or a year into your role? As I understand your wife gets a stipend or your housing allowance is increased if married.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

paeses Jul 14th 2014 2:01 pm

Congrats to the ones who made it so far - let us know if you accepted the offer!

I have the assessment planned next week – including, tests and interview.
I am especially keen to know from you where can I find the book you’ve been referring to – is there an online version so I could plan training sessions.

Also, if someone can tell what type of interview we go through for an analyst position?

Any (additional) information would be greatly appreciated!