Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Aug 2nd 2018, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

walterthetraveler123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Does anyone have any insight on what the visit to Abu Dhabi entails and how those interviews are?
Old Aug 9th 2018, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

pupdawg82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by walterthetraveler123
Does anyone have any insight on what the visit to Abu Dhabi entails and how those interviews are?
You will be meeting with 15-18 people from the team as well as people with whom you would be interacting on regular basis. You can find more info on this thread using search function.

What position are you going for?
Old Aug 13th 2018, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

KeithMcDonagh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Joey, Any further updates on your interview process? It has been a while. Right?

Originally Posted by joey97
I thought the actual test was much easier than those prep tests. You have to work quickly but the problems you will be given are quite simple. Keep running thorough those prep materials and force yourself to do them in a very compressed timeframe. You'll do fine if you can do well on those tests.

As for the role playing stuff, there is really no way to prep for that. You'll be given some time in the room to get familiar with the case and think it over but all you can really do is be authentic. You can probably work out the kind of answers they want you to give when you are preparing but the people doing the role play are professionals so they can see through BS and they'll figure out how to lead the discussion in a way that will make you just be yourself.
Old Aug 13th 2018, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

joey97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, radio silence. It's been since April since I last talked to someone at ADIA. I have been reassured that this job req is still open and that I'm still a candidate but I'm having some serious doubts if that's true.
Old Sep 19th 2018, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

AK365 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was turned down after Korn Ferry assessment. I guess I didn't meet their requirements. It was sad but atleast I am not in limbo anymore.
Old Sep 21st 2018, 2:59 am
Just Joined

gogetit is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that possible to ask them to book the flight back for a few days later than the original schedule? i.e. stay there for six days rather than standard four days which I wanted to use the extra two days to go to Dubai for a trip that I will cover all expenses by myself?
Old Sep 21st 2018, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

pupdawg82 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can ask them. I think it is fair request since you would be paying for extra two days.
Old Oct 14th 2018, 4:25 am
Just Joined

ABHISHEK1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot for your insights on the process. I 've an assessment day in early part of the coming week. I wanted to understand a bit more about the business scenarios (they have given me a case study on vantage investors). Would be grateful for your suggestions as to what might be asked (the more detailed insight you can share, the better) and how can one prepare for it. My candidature is for the role of financial analyst.
Look forward to hear back from you.
Thanks Abhishek

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 15th 2018 at 12:24 pm. Reason: Request for contact details removed
Old Oct 15th 2018, 12:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABHISHEK1989
Thanks a lot for your insights on the process. I 've an assessment day in early part of the coming week. I wanted to understand a bit more about the business scenarios (they have given me a case study on vantage investors). Would be grateful for your suggestions as to what might be asked (the more detailed insight you can share, the better) and how can one prepare for it. My candidature is for the role of financial analyst.
Look forward to hear back from you.
Thanks Abhishek
Hi, as you'd posted the same thing 4 times to different members (most of whom haven't been on the forum for a heck of a long time btw) I've deleted the duplicate posts. Please also note that I've removed your requests for members phone numbers, please don't ask people for their private info.

Thx.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

lunkev is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I am new and i wanted to know how much ADIA pays associates in its investment team. Apologies if i missed it in the thread. will greatly appreciate if you can provide a broad break-up of the various components.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lunkev
Hi guys, I am new and i wanted to know how much ADIA pays associates in its investment team. Apologies if i missed it in the thread. will greatly appreciate if you can provide a broad break-up of the various components.
Nobody will be able to give you a useful figure. It varies across a huge range depending on your experience, rarity of skills, your background, current pay etc.

ADIA pays well so if they make an offer it will be an uplift on your current salary. But the days of getting 50% on top of what you make now are gone. And if they decide you are more expensive than they can justify they will just keep looking.

Components are same as most places: Basic + Expat allowance + Housing + Gratuity + School fees. All that really matters is the total number though.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Darvin is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread has been such a immense source of info and the I really thank the contributors like dominoman for keeping it alive and contributing. It took couple of hours to get through the entire thread and it's worth the tome.

@dominoman, are you with Adia currently? I see you were offered a role and was in confusion couple of years back.

Additionally, can someone point out any specific HR headhunters through which ADIA sources out it's vacancies?
Old Nov 18th 2018, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Rimcanfly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys,

Thanks for this very interesting thread. I'm currently in the process with ADIA (Korn Ferry soon), and I would like to understand a bit more the package they offer. Let's not discuss the salary, as it's been said several times that it depends on your profile, current salary, department etc.
I've been told that housing is provided (in the form of an annual grant), I've also seen they offer a free car loan and pay for health insurance, but what about other things like utility bills ? How good is health insurance ? In other terms, what's left to pay after they've provided with the various benefits.

This is just to understand what's required in terms of salary to live comfortably, especially with a small family : I guess housing represents a big chunk of the expenses but I'm not sure about the other expenses as I've never lived in the UAE.
Old Nov 19th 2018, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rimcanfly
Hello guys,

Thanks for this very interesting thread. I'm currently in the process with ADIA (Korn Ferry soon), and I would like to understand a bit more the package they offer. Let's not discuss the salary, as it's been said several times that it depends on your profile, current salary, department etc.
I've been told that housing is provided (in the form of an annual grant), I've also seen they offer a free car loan and pay for health insurance, but what about other things like utility bills ? How good is health insurance ? In other terms, what's left to pay after they've provided with the various benefits.

This is just to understand what's required in terms of salary to live comfortably, especially with a small family : I guess housing represents a big chunk of the expenses but I'm not sure about the other expenses as I've never lived in the UAE.
Their benefits are as good as you'll get anywhere. Healthcare is top top and includes dental, maternity, eye care and all the hospitals for you and family. Housing is generous (amount depends on your grade) and you can easily spend less than the limit even with a family, and they'll pay the difference to you in your paycheck. Utility bills are your own cost now (it used to be paid a few years back). Gym and pool is provided for you but not family.

Main costs that you pay yourself: Utilities (broadband, mobile phone, leccy, aircon, water), car (but they give a 0% car loan), council tax (3% of your annual rent), flights (except the start & end of contract ones), plus of course your normal living expenses.
Old Nov 20th 2018, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Rimcanfly is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply dominoman. So the package is interesting. Is it usual or remarkably good even for the region ?
As I've read here and there that it's really hard to get promoted and grow in the company as an expat, is it a good idea to start with a "low" grade like P1, or should one wait to get more experience in order to directly land a good position ?
Also is there a lot of pressure at work ? I've read that the work/life balance is good.

Thanks for your time and help !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.