Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Jun 19th 2018, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

AK365 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Thanks Guys. I can think of two reasons for delay.
1) Because of Ramadan and Eid Holiday and most of local that I know usually take summer time off and spend it in EU
2) Lack of budget and they are really slowing down the hiring.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

joey97 is an unknown quantity at this point

I definitely think the holiday has been a big issue. And, the group I'd be working with has has some change in leadership which I'm sure has also slowed things down. So, I get it but I'm anxious to get on with this and find out if a big change is coming for me.
Old Jun 19th 2018, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

omega7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just out of curiosity: ADIA is no doubt a big player, but not bigger than the regional O&G majors. How come ADIA have such stringent and thorough screening tests vs. all the others...? From those who have actually joined ADIA, could they please share their views? Their process is even more puzzling cause the ADIA salaries (good but not exceptional) seem not to justify such thorough screening...
Old Jun 20th 2018, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

pupdawg82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by omega7
Just out of curiosity: ADIA is no doubt a big player, but not bigger than the regional O&G majors. How come ADIA have such stringent and thorough screening tests vs. all the others...? From those who have actually joined ADIA, could they please share their views? Their process is even more puzzling cause the ADIA salaries (good but not exceptional) seem not to justify such thorough screening...
Being a global brand name, I think many people want to work for them and firm has ample amount of time to wait and find the most suitable person for the role. They are also open to bring expats without much fuss and brits want to go their for change, tax benefits, savings etc. ADIA is one of the few major employers especially in Finance and IT roles so competition among potential employees is huge.

Would love to hear from people who are already working there or worked there in past to get insight.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pupdawg82
Being a global brand name, I think many people want to work for them and firm has ample amount of time to wait and find the most suitable person for the role. They are also open to bring expats without much fuss and brits want to go their for change, tax benefits, savings etc. ADIA is one of the few major employers especially in Finance and IT roles so competition among potential employees is huge.

Would love to hear from people who are already working there or worked there in past to get insight.
Fair points. It is just that competition is also high for ADNOC which has a global brand and salaries that are similar to those of ADIA, yet the hiring process is distinctively different between the two (in terms of the scrutiny and multi-stages applied). I used ADNOC as an example and to control for location; it is the same case for other regional majors.

​​​​
Old Jun 21st 2018, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Fair points. It is just that competition is also high for ADNOC which has a global brand and salaries that are similar to those of ADIA, yet the hiring process is distinctively different between the two (in terms of the scrutiny and multi-stages applied). I used ADNOC as an example and to control for location; it is the same case for other regional majors.

​​​​

My better half is being offered a role in a different gov sector. The Manager ( he knows him from the UK) told him be prepared to wait a year ( 6-9 months for offer letter) then 3 months security clearance!! The lads i know who already work there waited a year to join.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by reddiva
My better half is being offered a role in a different gov sector. The Manager ( he knows him from the UK) told him be prepared to wait a year ( 6-9 months for offer letter) then 3 months security clearance!! The lads i know who already work there waited a year to join.
Yeah, the long wait is no doubt a common factor for all ME positions. The original point was about the scrutiny of ADIA's hiring process with multi-stages, multiple interviews/interviewers,​​​​​​ tests, site visits etc. I believe this aspect is ADIA-specific and not in line with the rest of the companies and positions in the region, of similar caliber.
​​​​
​​​

​​​
Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

of similar caliber.
​​​​
​​​

​​​
You mean poor?
Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse

You mean poor?
Not really; by the 'same caliber', i mean positions of similar seniority/salary/employer status etc. ADNOC which i referenced as an example is by no means poor.

I dont know if i confused you, but i am also not really sure what you meant by poor.

Last edited by omega7; Jun 21st 2018 at 3:23 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know that visit to AD is for only top candidate or top two candidates? Wondering if invitation comes to visit to AD, does it mean you are 90% there and all they want you to do is to meet with the team and people you would be working with?
Old Jun 21st 2018, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

AK365 is an unknown quantity at this point

So.. .Took assessment test today. My debacle today was no less then ARG loss. I was told that Numerical testing would be simple arithmetic problem so I did practice for those and spend most time practicing Raven and Verbal question. However, my numerical test was nothing like simple arithmetic question. They were more financial table. I would have figured the answer out but ran out of time. My background is not in Finance at all.
I think I did very well in interview and role playing. Did OK in Raven and English, but messed up Numerical testing. Now, what I have read is that they do look at overall score but Math takes the high priority seat. Should I just say good bye to ADIA?
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pupdawg82
Does anyone know that visit to AD is for only top candidate or top two candidates? Wondering if invitation comes to visit to AD, does it mean you are 90% there and all they want you to do is to meet with the team and people you would be working with?
I don't know how many people are invited to AD but I just had a long talk with a guy who used to work there and he told me that the AD interviews are far from a formality. They take them seriously and he said it was not uncommon for people to get cut after that round. That's pretty consistent with what I have heard but he stressed the possibility of not getting an offer after those interviews more tahn anyone else I've talked to.
Old Jun 24th 2018, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AK365
So.. .Took assessment test today. My debacle today was no less then ARG loss. I was told that Numerical testing would be simple arithmetic problem so I did practice for those and spend most time practicing Raven and Verbal question. However, my numerical test was nothing like simple arithmetic question. They were more financial table. I would have figured the answer out but ran out of time. My background is not in Finance at all.
I think I did very well in interview and role playing. Did OK in Raven and English, but messed up Numerical testing. Now, what I have read is that they do look at overall score but Math takes the high priority seat. Should I just say good bye to ADIA?
I think they emphasize on overall thing and not just one section of the tests. If I have to guess then emphasis could be more on interview and how you role-played in other two interviews.
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

justinvannoort is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that this has been asked to death - but does anyone have any insights on the Korn Ferry exams? I'm doing prep tests from <snip> and some of them are really tough. Anyone got any tips on what they're likely to ask? i.e. numerical, scenario based questions, etc. I'm going for a job in IT.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 3rd 2018 at 6:13 am. Reason: website link removed
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

I thought the actual test was much easier than those prep tests. You have to work quickly but the problems you will be given are quite simple. Keep running thorough those prep materials and force yourself to do them in a very compressed timeframe. You'll do fine if you can do well on those tests.

As for the role playing stuff, there is really no way to prep for that. You'll be given some time in the room to get familiar with the case and think it over but all you can really do is be authentic. You can probably work out the kind of answers they want you to give when you are preparing but the people doing the role play are professionals so they can see through BS and they'll figure out how to lead the discussion in a way that will make you just be yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.