Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Oct 15th 2014, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

mdoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Hello All,

I was wondering is ADIA open to negotiating the basic salary or do they not negotiate at all? Any one that went through this final process any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
Old Oct 19th 2014, 5:40 am
Just Joined

graj08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to say thank you for all the help and advice posted on this board. I'm still not sure if I'll receive an offer, but it is very helpful!
Old Oct 19th 2014, 5:41 am
Just Joined

graj08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mdoe
Hello All,

I was wondering is ADIA open to negotiating the basic salary or do they not negotiate at all? Any one that went through this final process any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
I also would appreciate if anyone has insight into this
Old Oct 19th 2014, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by graj08
I also would appreciate if anyone has insight into this
Maybe ask them?
Old Oct 28th 2014, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Fizz_UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All! This is my first post here but have been following the posts for a while now. Has anyone else been through the whole round at ADIA, site interviews etc and then not hear anything back for 3 months!!

I know it's a long process but I am starting to wonder if that means a rejection but aren't communicating it. My recruiter has chased a few times too but no response at all!
Old Nov 6th 2014, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I am in the Technology space and currently based in Abu Dhabi. I Would relish the opportunity to work for ADIA. Any ideas on getting the ball rolling with the recruitment process other than posting a CV on their website? I can imagine they get hundreds if not thousands of CV's a day so i need to stand out.

Any recruiters/headhunters you can point me towards?
Any help would be appreciated

Thannks
Old Nov 7th 2014, 8:35 am
Just Joined

OccasionallySolvent is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fizz_UK
Hi All! This is my first post here but have been following the posts for a while now. Has anyone else been through the whole round at ADIA, site interviews etc and then not hear anything back for 3 months!!

I know it's a long process but I am starting to wonder if that means a rejection but aren't communicating it. My recruiter has chased a few times too but no response at all!
Hello Fizz_UK.
I've been reading this thread off an on for a few months now and thought its time to pass on my experience with ADIA recruitment.

I was contacted by a London-based recruiter in February who found a copy of my resume online. I am based in Australia and over the next few months had three video conference meetings with various ADIA I.T. and Equities trading managers (I was applying for a Business facing technology role).
Feedback was always delayed although I believe the recruiter was chasing ADIA frequently.
The video conferences went well and I sat my psychometric test in early May.
Those results were also good so I managed to get flown out to Abu Dhabi in late May to meet a number of managers (12+ in total) related to the role I was interviewing for.
The two day meeting/interview seemed like it went well. The company impressed me, the people I met were all professional and the future plans for the role i was interviewing for and the department as a whole was exciting. Although at the time I didn't realize they had already filled the role I was interviewing for with another candidate.
After leaving Abu Dhabi in late May i didn't hear anything back from ADIA via my recruiter until late June.
The feedback was they hoped to find me a role somewhere within the technology team but the original role i went for had been filled.
I didn't hear anything more until July when my recruiter advised they were unable to find any suitable roles and that was that.
My recruiter asked ADIA for feedback but i didn't get any.
Having read other posts here I believe no feedback is a policy at ADIA which from their point of view might be fine but to me was disappointing.
I had hoped to find out what i could focus on to do better in any future interviews elsewhere however with no feedback its impossible to know what to work on.

Anyway, it's now November and although I would have loved to work with ADIA in Abu Dhabi (its the one role so far in my career that I regret not getting) there are other interesting roles available locally to keep me occupied.

So to answer your original question, its not uncommon to wait for a couple of months without hearing back from ADIA. It might be good news in that they may be looking at other opportunities for you other than the role you interviewed for. Just politely keep pressure on your recruiter each one or two weeks with a call/email and you hopefully will know soon.

OccasionallySolvent
Old Nov 12th 2014, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

PG84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Hi Everyone,

I have got so much information through this website. So thanks a lot for that.

I applied through a head hunter for an IT position with ADIA and completed my face to face interview early this week. I was informed that the feedback is positive and that I will be moving to the next step (PDI).

Quite a few questions on the PDI and next steps.

1. I understand that there are possibly 4 tests that I would need to take - Numerical Analysis, Verbal Reasoning, Situational Reasoning and Personality test? Please correct me if I am wrong?

2. How long are these tests for and how difficult are they? I also understand that the use of calculator is not allowed in the centers, so I assume that the test cases are not advanced level. Am I right?

3. Is it Korn Ferry doing the PDI's? Has anyone taken tests in any of the european centers?

4. I also understand that there is a Security check for all jobs in Abu Dhabi and I am told that the checks are stricter for companies like ADIA. What are the documents that i already need to get ready / attested? - As far as I know, I need to get my Degree Certificates attested. Do I need to get PCC? I am an Indian, currently residing in Europe and was in US for a few years.

Thanks in advance for any help and eagerly look forward to joining the ADIA family
Old Nov 13th 2014, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone share the name of these head hunters so i can contact them?

thanks in advance
Old Nov 17th 2014, 10:46 am
Just Joined

iali is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi FIZZ_UK,

Like the rest of the community, this forum has also been really useful for me. I am in a similar boat as yourself. It's been couple of months since I had my on site interviews but no word yet from ADIA. I am not sure if it's because they have decided on rejecting me and not bothered on informing me or haven't taken a decision yet. I can understand your frustration but seems like taking a prolonged time at each stage is the norm with ADIA. I guess they need to carefully consider all the variables before deciding on who to select. Good luck!
Old Nov 17th 2014, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Riina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Iali and Fizz_UK,

I was in the same boat and waited 8 weeks before they made me an offer! My recruitment agent said that they are very quick to reject people but you never know..

Even after the offer has been made (few weeks ago), I still don't know what the full package is! This is quite normal and it's just a case of being patient. I understand that there is a monthly committee and depending on which side of that you are will give a guide!

Good luck to all but the best thing to do (if possible) is to just focus on the now, try to put it to the back of your mind..

Let me know if any questions
Old Nov 17th 2014, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Hi Riina,

Thank you for the advice. That offers some hope. Frankly speaking, I have all but forgotten about this although it helps to bring closure to the matter in hand if it was communicated offocially either way. Couple of questions:

Any idea how long it takes for the offer to be made to then be followed up with contract/negotiation etc and then security checks?
Old Nov 17th 2014, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

Also, what's the uplift on the existing salary?

Its a different lifestyle so I am guessing it (should be) is substantial
Old Nov 19th 2014, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Aussie_Mate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I also passed my PDI test and I was due to fly to Abu Dhabi for the site visit this week , only to be told that ADIA management has put the hiring process on hold , and they may (may not) continue in Jan 2015 , and that affected all teams/departments , anyone else got the same response?

Cheers
Old Nov 20th 2014, 5:06 am
Just Joined

mdoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

Has anyone recently gone through the background check and work visa phase? Can you share how long it took for everything to get completed and recieve your start date?

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.