Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

EXPAT007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job in Abu Dhabi Investment Authority

Originally Posted by sman987
ADIA get the results back within 7 days (apparantly PDI have to return them per their contract in that timeframe) and then they have various committees to review it so that took another 14 days in my case. You get a debrief from PDI after 3 weeks I believe -- If you dont get the minimum needed on the tests I think they will reject you.
Thanks sman987
I have confirmation from test center that they sent the results to ADIA within first 2-3 days after assessment. Tomorrow it'll be 2 weeks since when I took PDI assessment so probably it may take a week or so still before I come to know about my results.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Nikhhil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EXPAT007
Thanks sman987
I have confirmation from test center that they sent the results to ADIA within first 2-3 days after assessment. Tomorrow it'll be 2 weeks since when I took PDI assessment so probably it may take a week or so still before I come to know about my results.
Mine came in after one week. Adia will provide you section wise percentiles before they announce the final result(whether you are in or not). All the best!!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nikhhil
Mine came in after one week. Adia will provide you section wise percentiles before they announce the final result(whether you are in or not). All the best!!
Thanks Nikhhil, I was told by test center guys that I can have a detailed feedback discussion call with them after 2 weeks time, is that what you are referring to? Apart from that I dont know anything yet. From your assessment analysis can you sense what minimum percentile they are looking for?
Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

lucsk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!

All the comments re results and timings are super helpful.

I have done mine yesterday, so presume will have to wait for another week or two to get the results.

Not too keen on the maths as there were approx 50 ques and only 5 mins so didn't manage to finish all and ending up guessing quite a few

Wish you all good luck and good results!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is bizarre.......... ignoring for a moment the mind-boggling reason why so many people want to work there, do they actually do any conventional interviewing? You know - where someone asks you about your skills, experience, etc, and you have to answer..........
Old Mar 27th 2013, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Nikhhil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EXPAT007
Thanks Nikhhil, I was told by test center guys that I can have a detailed feedback discussion call with them after 2 weeks time, is that what you are referring to? Apart from that I dont know anything yet. From your assessment analysis can you sense what minimum percentile they are looking for?
The feedback session is different and is taken by PDI guys. The actual results are shared by ADIA HR people.

They follow the bell curve approach to determine the cut-off. The minimum expectation is that you should lie at least in the middle of the curve(i.e. around 60 %ile) in every subject. If you outperform in one or more of them, they do acknowledge it.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucsk
Not too keen on the maths as there were approx 50 ques and only 5 mins so didn't manage to finish all and ending up guessing quite a few
May as well give this to you straight... look for another job, you didn't get this one.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

desertman is an unknown quantity at this point

I have done same test for another company/industry and tests were very time limited e.g. 20 questions /20 min... they are all about finding tricks on how to do them FAST.

Instructor told me that these tests are actually designed to be done in 60 min but we were given just 20 min to measure how we cope with the stress/time pressure.

1. numerical tests 20min
20 questions/tables with data and then you are asked to do some basic calculations. The trick is to concentrate only on the required columns for the calculation and ignore the rest of the table content.

By following this I managed to calculate and answer all 20 questions (hopefully many correct!).
The moderator told me that average person makes 7 correct answers out of 20 in 20 mins.

2. verbal reasoning tests 20min
We were given 20 newspaper excerpts about 8 lines of text each. Under each paragraph were given 3 statements about the text and you had to provide 1 answer (true (applicable to text), not true, don;t know (not enough info provided in text).

So in total there was 20 paragraph x 3 statements = 60 statements do resolve in 20 minutes. I timed myself reading the first paragraph and it took me 2 minutes just to read text...and then answering will take another 1 min minumum...so I figured out there is a trick behind...so what did I do?

The trick is to first read the statements bellow the text paragrah and then read the text looking only for the words mentioned in the statements. No need to read the whole text and waste time.

By following this approach I managed to answer all 60 statements in 15 min and had additional 5 min left to re-check.

The moderator told me that average person makes 9 correct answers out of 20 in 20 mins.

3. role play 1h
We were given a decription about a position in real-life and there was a conflict situation to resolve with one of your superiors. Just read the text and try to prepare for the meeting. Preparation was about 30 min...meeting was 15 min and you had to resolve the conflict 100% without a need to have second meeting. If you somehow ended up with a solution to meet again you failed the test. Just try to be in shoes of this other guy and think what would be suitable solution if you were in his place etc..

4. group discussion 30min
There was 4 of us in a group. Moderators gave us a text with 4 major issues at the virtual factory and we were supposed to resolve them during 30 min meeting. Most important thing is that you try your maximum to engage all your 3 other colleagues during discussion. You win if you clearly show that you are interested in the opinion of others/showing great teamwork. Don't talk too much/long.

5. Presentation 2h
We were given 20 pages of some environmental impact about building Museum in a existing virtual city. The problem was to chose between 3 different locations...in city centre/business district....residential area....outside the city close to airport.Our joob was to try to choose the best option with pros/cons and make a report to recomend the city board. The preparation was 1.5 hour....presentation 10 min.

The process took us from 09AM-15h PM. Next day we had 4 face to face interviews....sorry for my English (it's my 3rd language...)

good luck!

Last edited by desertman; Mar 27th 2013 at 6:06 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desertman
I have done same test for another company/industry and tests were very time limited e.g. 20 questions /20 min... they are all about finding tricks on how to do them FAST.

Instructor told me that these tests are actually designed to be done in 60 min but we were given just 20 min to measure how we cope with the stress/time pressure.

1. numerical tests 20min
20 questions/tables with data and then you are asked to do some basic calculations. The trick is to concentrate only on the required columns for the calculation and ignore the rest of the table content.

By following this I managed to calculate and answer all 20 questions (hopefully many correct!).
The moderator told me that average person makes 7 correct answers out of 20 in 20 mins.

2. verbal reasoning tests 20min
We were given 20 newspaper excerpts about 8 lines of text each. Under each paragraph were given 3 statements about the text and you had to provide 1 answer (true (applicable to text), not true, don;t know (not enough info provided in text).

So in total there was 20 paragraph x 3 statements = 60 statements do resolve in 20 minutes. I timed myself reading the first paragraph and it took me 2 minutes just to read text...and then answering will take another 1 min minumum...so I figured out there is a trick behind...so what did I do?

The trick is to first read the statements bellow the text paragrah and then read the text looking only for the words mentioned in the statements. No need to read the whole text and waste time.

By following this approach I managed to answer all 60 statements in 15 min and had additional 5 min left to re-check.

The moderator told me that average person makes 9 correct answers out of 20 in 20 mins.

3. role play 1h
We were given a decription about a position in real-life and there was a conflict situation to resolve with one of your superiors. Just read the text and try to prepare for the meeting. Preparation was about 30 min...meeting was 15 min and you had to resolve the conflict 100% without a need to have second meeting. If you somehow ended up with a solution to meet again you failed the test. Just try to be in shoes of this other guy and think what would be suitable solution if you were in his place etc..

4. group discussion 30min
There was 4 of us in a group. Moderators gave us a text with 4 major issues at the virtual factory and we were supposed to resolve them during 30 min meeting. Most important thing is that you try your maximum to engage all your 3 other colleagues during discussion. You win if you clearly show that you are interested in the opinion of others/showing great teamwork. Don't talk too much/long.

5. Presentation 2h
We were given 20 pages of some environmental impact about building Museum in a existing virtual city. The problem was to chose between 3 different locations...in city centre/business district....residential area....outside the city close to airport.Our joob was to try to choose the best option with pros/cons and make a report to recomend the city board. The preparation was 1.5 hour....presentation 10 min.

The process took us from 09AM-15h PM. Next day we had 4 face to face interviews....sorry for my English (it's my 3rd language...)

good luck!
And after going to all that trouble, ADIA is still full of morons.......
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
And after going to all that trouble, ADIA is still full of morons.......
ADIA are OK. It's the Mubadala people that are something else.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

Hope you had a nice long weekend (for those of you still in UK)

Expat007 I hope you finally got your results? I m still waiting for mine...It's been a just over a week now. (ADIA have received them literally a day after I have done those, as confirmed that they are reviewing them...)
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

Hope you had a nice long weekend (for those of you still in UK)

Expat007 I hope you finally got your results? I m still waiting for mine...It's been a just over a week now. (ADIA have received them literally a day after I have done those, as confirmed that they are reviewing them...)
No, I havent heard back yet, still waiting
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

They really do like to take their time....

When you receive your successful results , will the next stage be phone interview and last one flying out there?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

They really do like to take their time....

When you receive your successful results , will the next stage be phone interview and last one flying out there?
I believe it depends, I was told by consultant that they'll fly out successful candidate once the results have been declared.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Hi all,

So I have passed my tests so now waiting to hear re next steps.
Ay experience in being flown out there for an interview? Is it for a day or two only? Considering it is a 7 hr flight I d stay at least 3-4 days.

Expat007 any news at all?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.