information about NBAD

Old Jan 4th 2011, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

m_london is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: information about NBAD

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
Hello, we haven't met, but I work in the HR department, how can I help you with your queries??
Thank you , I think you will be a great help .
I want to know the culture in the bank, how is it ?
how long have you been working with them , did you notice any expansion during your time?
how was it during the credit crunch , did they lay people off ?
how secure the job is with them?
what is the average salary within the investment banking ?
what is the diff between grade 9 and 10 ?
would you mind if I get back to you for more information if I need too
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

aftabhasan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by m_london
Thank you all for reply, I guess I need to be more specific .

I had an 2 interviews with them, from what i gathered they are very keen.
we did not talk about package yet (we will do probably this week , when every comes back from holiday).
on the interview we covered interest rate derivatives some risk metrics etc..
But I could not find any thing about NBAD (from investment banking perspective, or Fixed income ) and what puzzle me more is that the job Desc was about retail banking and the interview was about Investment baking ( Fixed Income Term structure . etc .. )
I would like to know what they average package ?
how secure is it to work for them ?

NB : I have an offer from Commerzbank in London, I am quite tempted to
move to Abu Dhabi but I am completely on the Dark
hope u took the NBAD job! how long before u move there? or are u staying in london? good luck! who interviewd u?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
Hello, we haven't met, but I work in the HR department, how can I help you with your queries??
hello r u in HR dept at NBAD?

if so do u have quota on brits u employ at the bank? plz help coz that is the issue that comes up everytime we try for PM roles. any advice wld be appreciated!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aftabhasan
hello r u in HR dept at NBAD?

if so do u have quota on brits u employ at the bank? plz help coz that is the issue that comes up everytime we try for PM roles. any advice wld be appreciated!
it's ok - If you complete your application form like that they won't believe that you are British.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

m_london is an unknown quantity at this point

hope u took the NBAD job! how long before u move there? or are u staying in london? good luck! who interviewd u?

Well, they did not get back to me since the interview, and I was very busy since then. From what I gathered during the interview and the feed back I got after is that there are very keen (things might changed probably since then)
However I am still keen to move to the region but it got to be the right one.
for now i am staying in London , will see how things panes out .
are you based in AD ? if so since for how long u've been ?
are u in banking ( investment banking ) ? if so, how is it in the region ?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Hiya mate, hope you're well. I'm also based in London and work for an Investment Bank. I also had a telephone interview with NBAD during the Xmas period, and the feedback was that they liked me but that there was a quota system in place. No more Brits!
I'm still looking for a suitable IT PM role in the GCC region. Have you had any further luck in job hunting in the region ??
Best wishes
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
it's ok - If you complete your application form like that they won't believe that you are British.
I was only asking for help on finding jobs in the region. And still would appreciate feedback regarding the quota system they have on employing Brits!
Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya mate, hope you're well. I'm also based in London and work for an Investment Bank. I also had a telephone interview with NBAD during the Xmas period, and the feedback was that they liked me but that there was a quota system in place. No more Brits!
I'm still looking for a suitable IT PM role in the GCC region. Have you had any further luck in job hunting in the region ??
Best wishes
They had a telephone interview with an applicant they knew to be a Brit and then told him 'no more Brits'??

I suggest you visit the following helpful website:

www.politewaysoftellingyouyourenotgoodenough.com

Good luck..............