Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

How much time does it take for the Job Offer, Visas etc?

How much time does it take for the Job Offer, Visas etc?

Old Jul 20th 2012, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Muncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really nice
Default Re: How much time does it take for the Job Offer, Visas etc?

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
For all of those for whom it took months, what delayed the whole process? Was it HR being slow or other issues?
Both HR being slow, PRO messing around and CBB (Regulator - Central Bank of Bahrain) arguing over my job title and LMRA go slow during Ramadhan so in effect a perfect storm of errors!
Old Jul 21st 2012, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

MuzD is an unknown quantity at this point

For all of those for whom it took months, what delayed the whole process? Was it HR being slow or other issues?
Hi

I am waiting for my visa now, It was supposed to be submitted last week Thursday, it is now going to be done on Sunday/Monday. Just like Muncle described, I have been told my job code and work permit will get approved. I am not sure if this means the same as visa will be approved/issued.

The time consuming part for me has been the communication process.

They take their TIME
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:18 am
Just Joined

IAWS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am wondering whether to give up all hope of a job offer or whether this is normal:

Late May - Interview with big Saudi company
Early June - Feedback is they have an 'Intention to hire'
Early June - Sent all requested documents to them/recruitment consultant
Since then - no offer, the recruitment consultant has said they are 'very keen' and an offer will come 'at some point'. They have problems with 'getting visas for UK nationals'.

So I have not really had any concrete offer and its been over 6 weeks since they said they would make an offer. Is this normal practice or shall I just forget about it?

Any thoughts gratefully received.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

MuzD is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems to be normal, I have been communicating with my company since February, be prepared so when things do start moving you can start asap.

Cheers

Originally Posted by IAWS
Hi,

I am wondering whether to give up all hope of a job offer or whether this is normal:

Since then - no offer, the recruitment consultant has said they are 'very keen' and an offer will come 'at some point'. They have problems with 'getting visas for UK nationals'.

So I have not really had any concrete offer and its been over 6 weeks since they said they would make an offer. Is this normal practice or shall I just forget about it?

Old Jul 24th 2012, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Hi,

Yes this sounds about right. Let me guess, the company in question is a bank in Jeddah? PM me for more info.

Sometimes, they also have to hire a number of Locals/Saudis before they can recruit a Brit or other nationalities, something to do with Saudisation.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Its not a bank, maybe its a common problem though. I can't PM as I dont have enough posts yet, please PM me if you don't mind.

I got a call yesterday from HR saying I should hear more next week, Inshallah.

Last edited by IAWS; Jul 24th 2012 at 10:47 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Its not a bank, maybe its a common problem though. I can't PM as I dont have enough posts yet, please PM me if you don't mind.

I got a call yesterday from HR saying I should hear more next week, Inshallah.
Oh ok.

Yes it is a common problem for European Nationals unlike Asian/ Indians who find it easier due to companies having ample visas for them.

I find that HR departments often take very long especially in large organisations, even though the hiring managers want you to start ASAP.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

My offer is now under 'management review' and has been for weeks. They surprised me by asking for proof of employment for two previous roles, so my recruitment consultant had to take up references before they have actually even offered me a job!

All rather strange and frustrating.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

AirBender is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh ok.

Yes it is a common problem for European Nationals unlike Asian/ Indians who find it easier due to companies having ample visas for them.

I find that HR departments often take very long especially in large organisations, even though the hiring managers want you to start ASAP.
Its the opposite, there are quotas for Asian and Indian visa, and it is not easy for companies to sponsor Indians/Asians anymore compared to Europeans.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 4:45 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

My offer is now under 'management review' and has been for weeks. They surprised me by asking for proof of employment for two previous roles, so my recruitment consultant had to take up references before they have actually even offered me a job!

funnily enough this happens fairly frequently here. it happened to me for my current job although they also took the piss with number of interviews they wanted me to go through (in the end i told them to make the offer or forget about the whole thing).

there are so many people with fictitious CV's here you would not believe and since they have to invest a reasonable amount just to get you on the ground they want to make sure you are who you claim you are..
Old Aug 17th 2012, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Once you get the offer it could take another 6 weeks to get an Iquama (resident visa) or they may start you on a business visa (1 to 2 weeks).
Asians seem to be reactive rather than proactive so everything is done slow.

ps. Saudi is not a nice place and if you have any offers in UAE/Qatar then choose them (even for less money).