Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

How much time does it take for the Job Offer, Visas etc?

How much time does it take for the Job Offer, Visas etc?

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

MuzD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much time does it take for the Job Offer, Visas etc?

Hi,

I have been offered a job in Bahrain (verbally). I have been in touch with my employer. I am still waiting for the offer letter and the visa. Is the process very slow?

What is the average time taken for everything to be processed?

I will appreciate your replies!

Cheers
Old Jul 4th 2012, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

london_lad has a spectacular aura aboutlondon_lad has a spectacular aura aboutlondon_lad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How much time does it take for the Job Offer, Visas etc?

took me 6 months.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by london_lad
took me 6 months.
Thanks for the info londonlad, Its look like mine will be 6 months too. I started talking to the company in Feb 2012. They will be sending the offer letter very soon and the visa should be a 2 to 3 weeks after that. It looks like it will be 6 months for me too.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Anyone else who would like to share their experiences?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

douglasgrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MuzD
Thanks for the info londonlad, Its look like mine will be 6 months too. I started talking to the company in Feb 2012. They will be sending the offer letter very soon and the visa should be a 2 to 3 weeks after that. It looks like it will be 6 months for me too.
crazy. what are you supposed to live on for 6 months while you wait.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Muncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really niceMuncle is just really nice

4 months from offer to starting work here in Bahrain, visa issuance took forever (6 weeks) due to the troubles and the LMRA arguing over job titles!! SO hang in there....
Old Jul 7th 2012, 2:10 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

First job; 5 months from first conversation until I was on-site.
Second job; 4 months from first conversation until I was on-site.
Third job; 1 month from first conversation until I was on-site.

If you start the conversation before the summer expect it to take a long time due to holidays, ramadan and the standard don't rush me attitude..
Old Jul 7th 2012, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

muzd bare in mind it is closing into ramadan where everything takes about ten times as long ( thats being optimistic)
Old Jul 9th 2012, 5:24 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

I started taking in January 2010 and landed August 14th 2010...

I should have taken that as a sign...
Old Jul 14th 2012, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

AirBender is an unknown quantity at this point

Phone interview in first week of Jan 2012, flown in for face to face in last week of Jan 2012, finally will land and start applying for RP, etc by mid August 2012. So 7.some months in my case.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 2:35 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of weeks between initial discussions and landing here (UAE), did initial 3 months as a consultant (which is what I'd been doing for the UK arm of the same company for the previous 6 months), but then took 6 months till my residence visa was ready. Of those who have joined since I did, I would say 4-6 months is the average between first contact and actually arriving (although that period usually includes 3 months notice).
Old Jul 16th 2012, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all for your feedback, it will be interesting to have a thread with info such as

Start of Conversation
Telephonic Interview
Face to Face Interview
Offer Letter
Contract Signed
Visa Issued
Flights
Date of Joining

I am getting fed up with the whole process as I feel the employer is moving goal posts. Check my latest thread titled "Employment Contract"
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

My convo started in May, landed in october. Met the guy in the uk..HR department seemed sort of slow at the best of times.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

For all of those for whom it took months, what delayed the whole process? Was it HR being slow or other issues?
Old Jul 21st 2012, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
For all of those for whom it took months, what delayed the whole process? Was it HR being slow or other issues?
In my case. The dude who hired went on holiday, got back..started calling me about it whilst his hr were completely unable to send me the things. Didn't have my visa sorted before arrival either. I had essentially 4 day notice of departure day to boot as not to miss project start. Good times.

The hr guy i dealt with for the most part was nowhere to be found when I came either, I never got an explanation of this either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.