Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

How good a company to work for?

How good a company to work for?

Old Feb 21st 2013, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

david999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How good a company to work for?

OK, clarifications clarified, offer letter signed, resignation done...and all done.
I'll be out in a couple of months, so now starts the silly questions!

Regards
David
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:04 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

We did not think it will go that fast but perhaps we should have advised earlier. Do not give notice until you have work visa stamped and airline tickets in your pocket. Many agreements fall through on the inability to get work permit. If they don't already have block visa, the chances of getting it quickly are slim.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Am I the only one that reads these threads and thinks there must be sooooo many housewives having affairs in KSA (for want of anything else to do)?
Old Feb 21st 2013, 6:44 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Yep. You're the only twat around here.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
This.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

We did not think it will go that fast but perhaps we should have advised earlier. Do not give notice until you have work visa stamped and airline tickets in your pocket. Many agreements fall through on the inability to get work permit. If they don't already have block visa, the chances of getting it quickly are slim.
Jesus, too late, my resignation has been accepted!
I'll have to hope for the best now

Regards
David
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 5:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by david999
Jesus, too late, my resignation has been accepted!
I'll have to hope for the best now

Regards
David
What is the status of visa? You need to do a lot of follow up now. Don't hope for the best, follow up is mother of all activities in KSA. Leave it to them and it may sit on somebody's desk for weeks and months. Follow up.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks DD, kinda concerned now, but appreciate the advice as usual.
I believe they were away to apply for my visa yesterday as far as I know…..
My potential boss is already chasing it up as he needs me across ASAP and I’ve got 2 months before I finish here, so I’ll keep on their case.

Thanks
David
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

You're the one living in 1482AD m8.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 5:07 pm
Banned

Thanks DD, kinda concerned now, but appreciate the advice as usual.
I believe they were away to apply for my visa yesterday as far as I know…..
My potential boss is already chasing it up as he needs me across ASAP and I’ve got 2 months before I finish here, so I’ll keep on their case.

Thanks
David
Try to figure out what are they applying for.

Ideally, they have a block visa for you (matching your education and nationality) and are now applying for your work permit. In that case you have already sent your degree translated and attested in KSA embassy. Now you will do medical and once you receive the visa you will have it stamped and that is it.

Less ideal case is if they are applying for a business visit visa and hope to sort out the block visa. With business visit visa you can't bring your wife, open an account or buy a car. I was here on business visa 8 months before they managed block visa.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, I need to find out what kind of visa they are applying for. All they have at the moment is a scanned copy of my certs, I have the originals.

Regards
David
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:17 pm
Banned

Ok, I need to find out what kind of visa they are applying for. All they have at the moment is a scanned copy of my certs, I have the originals.

Regards
David
That is ok. Scanned copies are ok provided they are certifies by KSA embassy. If they are not certified by KSA embassy then I am afraid your visa is not going places at the moment.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Things are moving fast
Medical is next and getting my highest education cert attested.
Any idea what type of visa this is 'We will be providing you with OIL TECH (UK) visa category'?

Regards
David
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:10 pm
Banned

Things are moving fast
Medical is next and getting my highest education cert attested.
Any idea what type of visa this is 'We will be providing you with OIL TECH (UK) visa category'?

Regards
David
No idea. Oil Technician? Check because on some visa categories you can't bring family over. Normally engineers and similar professional categories are ok.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

No idea. Oil Technician? Check because on some visa categories you can't bring family over. Normally engineers and similar professional categories are ok.
I'll double check, cheers DD.

Regards
David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.