Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Holidays and other benefits

Holidays and other benefits

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold
Default Holidays and other benefits

Ok i'm clear on how much is a good offer as base salary at my level, and I know about the free flight, healthcare and dental, but is there a standard amount of holiday that I should be offered? is this negotiable? only asking as a friend of mine said that the employment law is 20 days and its usually non-negotiable.

apart from housing is there anything else i should be looking at getting as part of the deal without over-stretching my worth?

PS; don't have kids so won't need a school package.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

niddy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holidays and other benefits

Its actually 30 days and this is in the law. This doesn't stop employers from trying to give less as mine does.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by niddy
Its actually 30 days and this is in the law. This doesn't stop employers from trying to give less as mine does.
Plus loads of public holidays.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:16 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The 30 day allowance includes public holidays.

-
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

i'd better let my friend know as she's only getting 20 and doesn't get most public holidays off

the 20 day holiday thing almost killed off my dreams just then.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cham128
i'd better let my friend know as she's only getting 20 and doesn't get most public holidays off

the 20 day holiday thing almost killed off my dreams just then.
20 working days, 30 consecutive days
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
20 working days, 30 consecutive days
say its not so!!

do they ever move on that? i was thinking more like 40 days
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

say its not so!!

do they ever move on that? i was thinking more like 40 days
no chance
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

no chance
worth a try lol...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:59 am
Concierge

worth a try lol...
you could try the unpaid leave route
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

you could try the unpaid leave route
hmm i just found flydubai so i guess i won't need to take that much time off with flights that cheap.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:35 pm
Concierge

hmm i just found flydubai so i guess i won't need to take that much time off with flights that cheap.
if Fly Dubai happens that is ...
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

if Fly Dubai happens that is ...
hmm good point... it's a shame because it's cheaper for me to fly to dubai and take a flight to lebanon from there
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:01 pm
Concierge

hmm good point... it's a shame because it's cheaper for me to fly to dubai and take a flight to lebanon from there
Air Arabia are cheap too
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Air Arabia are cheap too
cheers I'll check it out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.